Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2020 4:01:10 AM EDT
Comm and instrument too, if anyone has experience with them.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I used King Schools and Sporty's.
They both worked, but I did like Sporty's better.
Others will chime in soon with at least one or two more (whose names I can't remember right now) that may be even better.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I always preferred ASA's books so I was not surprised to learn that their online training is also excellent. Definitely check them out too. I always found their explanations for test answers to be more detailed too.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#3]
King worked for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no idea for private, I did mine Part 141 while attending  university.

Commercial and instrument is Sheppard Air for the written exams, and studying the hell out of the FAA’s publications with the occasional clarification from a CFI.  UND, Riddle, and Pretty Fly For a CFI YouTube videos.  That’s the way I did it and no checkride failures all the way through CFI/CFII/MEI.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked the Sportys for private.  Gonna go with them for the instrument.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I used Kings for my PP.  I thought it probably took way to long to get through the material.  Almost like half the production was John and Martha doing their thing.  I would have preferred a more efficient presentation, and more complete in some cases (I had to use alternate sources to fill in some of the blanks).

I bought Kings for a G1000 ground course just because they were the only thing I could find.  I don't need an FAA certificate, just something for our insurance.

I am considering Gliem for the IFR.  I hear it is an outline format which is super efficient, but have not sampled it.

Corey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top