Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2021 11:47:28 AM EDT
I ran across 950 pieces of SBS once fired brass I must have bought years ago.  I no longer need but I have no idea what the market is right now.  I'm NOT out to neckbeard or screw anyone.  

What is a fair price?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Check out the EE.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Treefiddy
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I would pay $0.15-$0.20/casing if they are in good shape, before shipping costs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought 100 on Gunbroker for 27 shipped. People asking 260 for 1000
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no idea what I’m going to do with the 1000 .308 brass I was going to send back to Freedom Munitions
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Not much if its Federal GM.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing since none of the other components are available.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nothing since none of the other components are available.
View Quote

Bullets have been available as has powder here and there. Primers I’ll give to you.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bullets have been available as has powder here and there. Primers I'll give to you.
View Quote
I'll take some of them free primers too, please!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a ton of once  fired .308  LC brass.

Thanks  for the info.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not much if its Federal GM.
View Quote

This, I refused free FGMM brass the other day. That stuff is soft as baby shit, pockets open up immediately.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:57:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This, I refused free FGMM brass the other day. That stuff is soft as baby shit, pockets open up immediately.
View Quote

It’s softer, no doubt, but anybody should be able to get a few cycles out of it.

I think that I’m running a current batch at 4-5 cycles and it’s fine, but I don’t shoot max loads out of it.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It’s softer, no doubt, but anybody should be able to get a few cycles out of it.

I think that I’m running a current batch at 4-5 cycles and it’s fine, but I don’t shoot max loads out of it.

Chris
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Are you using the loads from a semi-auto or a manual action? It shouldn't make a difference but I've noticed that it can.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you using the loads from a semi-auto or a manual action? It shouldn't make a difference but I've noticed that it can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris

Good distinction.

Mostly bolt guns.

I do have an HK91 and did have, until recently an FN FAL, which I’ve no doubt shot FGMM brass out of it.

Regardless, some have surmised that the reason FGMM has been so accurate out of the box, across a wide range of platforms, for decades, is precisely due to the brass being a tad softer.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Just bought some brass at the scrap yard. Brass is $1.65 lb, it cost us $2.30 lb for the casings we bought.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just bought some brass at the scrap yard. Brass is $1.65 lb, it cost us $2.30 lb for the casings we bought.
View Quote
and you have no idea how many times they have been fired.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I was going to make a snarky comment but your avatar is too awesome.

Just check in the reloading section of the EE (go to the bottom and check the “show closed” tab to see sold items). A search will also turn up sold items. You should be able to get an idea of the market from that.

R.I.P. Jochen

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was going to make a snarky comment but your avatar is too awesome.

Just check in the reloading section of the EE (go to the bottom and check the “show closed” tab to see sold items). A search will also turn up sold items. You should be able to get an idea of the market from that.

R.I.P. Jochen

https://www.wienerzeitung.at/_em_daten/_cache/image/1x6C6mNvhD5UUwD9jnbIkq1TR5N3DpclJJhUz_H4VcH7M8J-wRuw2Q95C1Obee-oCpsTMowwUfxJyZ9mqXeAEaFga_uB6jgRVHDzo510C-8nxqE4WLLrH69g/200904-1658-948-0900-288676-jochen-rindt.jpg
View Quote

@Mblades
Thanks for the tip on searching the EE.  Had I known that I wouldn't have made this thread.  

Jochen was my grandpa's second cousin.  My son races.  Same last name.  Here he is at Road America.  He has a couple pics of Jochen in his bedroom too.  

Attachment Attached File

This is his dirt kart.  This past season's tires were donated by fellow arfcomers.  
Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top