Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Germans?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing's over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?

Germans?

"Forget it, he's rolling"
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If you're an LEO, I would assume you would know?  If you don't, I'm kinda of scared?

My understanding is state law can not supercede federal law, and if there are issues with interpreting the law at the federal level, it will be taken up with the federal courts to determine what is legal per state law.

Thus, it is ok to have certain firearm restrictions in one state, but those restrictions are not in place in another state.  

If I'm incorrect in my assumption, please let me know per case law.

The reality is in a heartbeat I could be arrested for having an "illegal gun" in New York, California or Massachusetts with a supressor attached to the firearm, but I'm absolutely fine legal wise in North Carolina.  I've never known LEO's to say "well, even though it's agasint state law, you're just practicing your 2nd admendment rights per the consitution so I'm going to let you go without a warning".  

That said, did get caught in Utah with a .44 with all chambers loaded while driving 26 in a 25 zone (no lie), ended up talking with the state trooper for a good 1/2 hour about guns, and he did let me go with a warning because I was violating state law (guy wasn't a dick, just overall a good guy who I probably could of been friends with if I lived out there).

My one boy who wants to go into LE, I only tell him that he needs to cover his ass, but don't be a dick with the people you deal with just because you have a badge.  However, I'm not stupid enough to drive in NY or California with a AR-15 not state "approved" with 30 round mags and a can with the gun and the LEO to let me go with only a warning LOL
View Quote

Perhaps you misunderstood...  it was a rhetorical question directed at you....  The supremacy clause provides that state courts are bound by, and state constitutions subordinate to, federal law.  However, states have every right to enact their own additional laws that have effect within the state.  If you violate the state law you go to a state prison...  the cell bars are pretty much the same.   No reason to be "scared"  it will be alright.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Perhaps you misunderstood...  it was a rhetorical question directed at you....  The supremacy clause provides that state courts are bound by, and state constitutions subordinate to, federal law.  However, states have every right to enact their own additional laws that have effect within the state.  If you violate the state law you go to a state prison...  the cell bars are pretty much the same.   No reason to be "scared"  it will be alright.
View Quote

Apologies, I did misunderstand.

I just find it funny that when people are rioting in the streets, the LEO's are our friends, but when people are rioting inside the US capital, now the police aren't our friends.  

News flash, when a LEO tells you you to do something, smile, keep you mouth shut, and obey his commands and only respond in "yes sir" and "no sir".  At the end of the day, worse case, your lawyer will handle it.  Seems when you are protesting though, it gives you a right not to have to listen.    

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just find it funny that when people are rioting in the streets, the LEO's are our friends, but when people are rioting inside the US capital, now the police aren't our friends.  

News flash, when a LEO tells you you to do something, smile, keep you mouth shut, and obey his commands and only respond in "yes sir" and "no sir".  At the end of the day, worse case, your lawyer will handle it.  Seems when you are protesting though, it gives you a right not to have to listen.    

View Quote

yeah thats the advice George Washington gave his soldiers too but for some reason they didnt listen when they were told to turn in their muskets! odd isnt it?
Or when the redcoats boarded ships illegally, or when the redcoats opened fire on patriots...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I cannot explain this fully...   and I'm not sure that police are your friends when you are rioting in the streets...  Actual arrest statistics do not bear out the sentiment that BLM rioters were not arrested or their activities condoned...  Non violent protests are our right... violent protesters whether in the capital or in the streets subject protesters to arrest.  While I agree that this community is not treated particularly well, we may not always be as righteous as we believe. I for one take a position (which is not popular here) that Trump lost the election not by fraud but by misfortune...  even our vanguard politicians from Barr to Cruz to McConnel etc do not say the election was stolen, nor do I believe that it was only ANTIFA who were violent or destructive at the capital... ymmv

I agree that it is always the best policy to do what an officer tells you to do...  I did so as an active LEO during any police interactions and do so to this day....   saves time and energy in the long run.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Great example.  When BLM and antifa was marching around the streets and started all this "say his/her name" nonsense, everybody talked down on them.  Now the same people are saying the EXACT same thing about this girl.......hypocrites.
View Quote

Not quite the same thing though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

yeah thats the advice George Washington gave his soldiers too but for some reason they didnt listen when they were told to turn in their muskets! odd isnt it?
Or when the redcoats boarded ships illegally, or when the redcoats opened fire on patriots...
View Quote

There are a lot of gun doomers here... I am not one of them.   I suspect there may be some restrictive executive orders but our legislature will have no real stomach to enact meaningful legislation.  there was little enacted during the Obama administration (probably less than Trump).  In fact we missed national reciprocity by a single vote.  

Even the 1994 assault weapons ban which prohibited bayonet lugs, folding stocks or flash hiders was mostly symbolic, and did not impact the essential characteristics or weapons capability and.... sunset.  It did not create retroactive illegality like Trump's ban on bump stocks.    However if one of these protests turns ugly I fear it will have severe consequences....
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also funny what happens when the war is over and George Washington (AKA the government) didn't pay his soldiers...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I cannot explain this fully...   and I'm not sure that police are your friends when you are rioting in the streets...
View Quote

I don't expect the police to be my friend when I'm rioting.  I do however expect the police to be my friend when I'm exercising my 1st admendment right peacefully protesting and obeying the law.  

What recently happened at the capital became nothing more than mob mentality and a riot ensured.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:Even the 1994 assault weapons ban which prohibited bayonet lugs, folding stocks or flash hiders was mostly symbolic, and did not impact the essential characteristics or weapons capability and.... sunset.  It did not create retroactive illegality like Trump's ban on bump stocks.    However if one of these protests turns ugly I fear it will have severe consequences....
View Quote

The ONLY thing the 1994 law did was make people rich on their existing inventory.  The good of days of being able to sell a "pre ban" for 2-4 times more than the gun was actually worth.  

I voted for Reagan.  We go through this cycle EVERYTIME a democrat comes into office.  Ironically enough, when I lived in NY state, Trump struck me as a Democrat.  Go figure....

As far as the topic at hand, IMO as mentioned, LEO's are no different than most people in other professions.  I may fear the law, but I still have LEO's from time to time come over and shoot at my place.  I wouldn't have them over if I didn't like them.  Just seems because the police were trying to protect the capital, seems they are everyone's enemy here now.  Perhaps the girl at the capital might of been a bad shoot, but watching the video, did look like she was trying to climb to get through a window.  Another irony is I bet most people storming the capital thinks it's disrespectful to take a knee during the national anthem if you're a professional athlete.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ironically enough, when I lived in NY state, Trump struck me as a Democrat.  Go figure....
View Quote

Back then, he was... some think he never really changed
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

No comment LOL
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#13]
We watched police officers take a knee and support domestic BLM terrorists all Summer.

Slowly we began to realize what side they were on and that the oath of office was merely toilet paper and they would commit acts of treason and tyranny to maintain their pensions and please the mayors.

That’s what happened. Anymore questions Bubba?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We watched police officers take a knee and support domestic BLM terrorists all Summer.

Slowly we began to realize what side they were on and that the oath of office was merely toilet paper and they would commit acts of treason and tyranny to maintain their pensions and please the mayors.

View Quote

Was it actually in support?

Or did they do it just to appease the assholes so they wouldn't burn their town to the ground?

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ironic you call BLM terrorists.  Feel the same about those who stormed the capital?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  

I honestly view neither as a "terrorist", but getting get caught up in mob mentality.

That said, I don't condone destruction, looting, burning or injuring the police there trying to maintain order.

I don't view police as being on any side, that said, when you treat those there to protect the peace with disrespect, expect the same to be returned.    
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Ironic you call BLM terrorists.  Feel the same about those who stormed the capital?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  

I honestly view neither as a "terrorist", but getting get caught up in mob mentality.

That said, I don't condone destruction, looting, burning or injuring the police there trying to maintain order.

I don't view police as being on any side, that said, when you treat those there to protect the peace with disrespect, expect the same to be returned.    
View Quote

Sounds like you dont have what they call discernment and you really are just a lost cause then.
We get that you support police and how you are choosing to do so but how are you choosing to support the people, more so the white populace being officially labled as terrorists and being put on no fly lists for protesting when it was our ancestors that  created this nation.
Do you plan on arresting any of the politicians labeling us and telling you to enforce laws that violate the constitution and treat the citizens trying to stop a stolen election or to red flag people for having that view on things? do you just  "support police" because "law &order" even when the laws you enforce break the actual law and blatantly are putting you at odds with the general populace of our nation?
Did you kneel with the rabid blm animals in the streets and march them only to turn and justify Ashli Babbit being shot in the neck by agents protecting the actual traitors to our nation?

Law enforcement has the power and authority to arrest and see that the politicians doing this to our nation are brought to justice, instead it looks like most of you prefer the easy road of excuse making and taking the easy way out by turning on the very people you were suppose to serve and protect, but you already failed to do that when you let one of my family members get attacked in the street by one of the enraged blm boys and even then you declined to see that any charges followed the animal. If you dont support us why is it expected we should support you?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are practicing law then you pretty well understand that some states/are doing whatever they please, in fact superseding federal law.
In theory states may be bound, but the fed is not enforcing it, nor will it now even more so.
The left has a monopoly on resisting the fed, and with the current state of affairs they can pretty much ignore with the blessing of DC now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Judges make decisions/rulings on whether something is constitutional or not. Guess what? Judges themselves can’t agree on the constitutionality of various issues. (maybe that’s why they call it practicing law....they never really figure it out)  One judge makes a ruling. An appeals court overrules that judge. Eventually the issue might make it to the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court might decide that the original court got it right and overrule the appeals court. Once that ruling is made, it’s pretty much final (it could be overruled by future SC justices but they don’t like to do that as a general rule). Judges are also frequently spineless and like to see what other judges did and then copy their decisions. It’s a bit unusual to see a judge regularly think for himself. I’ve seen a judge disagree with his own ruling he then made but, like normal, he followed precedent instead of thinking for himself. Funny thing is, the precedent he followed in that case was later overturned by an appeals court.

The issue is, you and I aren’t judges. Therefore, our opinions (and the opinions of the dipshits on this site) on the legality or constitutionally of something are just that....opinions.....opinions which carry ABSOLUTELY NO WEIGHT. Judges are humans....I think sometimes they get their decisions wrong.....but their decisions STILL carry more weight than yours and mine. For example, I vehemently disagree with Roe v Wade. Horrible evil decision in my opinion. Utterly despicable that we can legally kill innocent babies. But, I could go to a local abortion clinic in my jurisdiction (if we had one) and I could arrest doctors for performing abortions. Guess how far that would get me? Would it accomplish anything? It sucks because I would love to arrest abortion doctors....but I can’t. I can disagree with the ruling but there’s nothing I can currently do about something I disagree very strongly with.

Everyone on both sides (liberal and conservative) wants us to ignore the violations on their side and arrest the violators on the other side. But, you can’t claim the high ground when you are behaving just as bad as the opposing side.

Fake conservatives want LE to exercise “officer discretion” and ignore violations they believe are only violations due to their beliefs on what they think the Constitution means (let’s not forget....they aren’t judges). The problem with that is....what if LEOs exercise “officer discretion” against what you want? Oh that’s right....now they are tyrants.....but only when we disagree with you or don’t do what you want us to do.

While on the topic of officer discretion, officers have less and less ability to exercise discretion. You, the citizens, demanded we have in car cameras.....so we got them. Then you demanded we get body cameras....so we got them too. Now, do you really think an officer will use discretion when deciding not to enforce something when almost all his/her speech and actions are captured by camera? Fuck that.....follow the law no matter how stupid you personally believe the law is and let the issue get argued in court. Side with a liberal.....conservatives hate you. Side with a conservative...liberals hate you.

In the end, a community will get the leaders they demand. We don’t live in a tyranny (yet). We do elect our leaders. How does someone like Pelosi get elected over and over? How did Obama get elected? Twice by the way. The people will get the leaders they elect.

Conservatives like to eat their own. I know lots of conservatives didn’t like Trump. But, look what he did with judges. Remember above where I was talking about the importance of judges and how their decisions are important? Trump made a lot of good nominations to both the Supreme Court as well as the MANY open lower courts. If nothing else, that will do more to save the US than anything else he could have done. Obama left TONS of judicial openings. Trump filled them. I’m sure they aren’t perfect but no one is. Fake Conservatives tend to believe in some form of “intellectual purity”. “If I don’t agree with you 100% then you are a tyrant”. Here’s a novel concept....you will never find someone who agrees with you 100%. But, that’s not acceptable to so called conservatives.

Lots of so called conservatives like to talk about “jury nullification”. Now, personally I have no problems with jury nullification. Great way to shut down certain bullshit laws. (Judges absolutely HATE the concept of jury nullification by the way) The problem is, you don’t see conservatives lining up to serve on juries. As a matter of fact, it’s the opposite. Conservatives are the first ones who try to figure out how to get out of jury duty. There’s a reason lawyers call juries “12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty”. I’d love to serve on a jury and I would happily lose income just to have the honor. Unfortunately for me, due to my job I’ll never get to serve on a criminal jury.

Your community passes laws as they see fit. If you have a problem with those laws, what are you doing to see them changed or never passed in the first place? Do you go to council meetings and speak against it? Do you work to vote out candidates who pass laws you believe are wrong? Do you run for local elected positions? Don’t see too many people on this site taking about running for their local elected positions. School board....county leaders....city leaders. Most of those positions are part time volunteer positions. But, so called conservatives can’t be bothered to take those positions...:but they sure like to complain about those who fill those positions.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks like ANTIFA has arrived. Move your ass back to GD with the rest of your fellow anarchists.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
sounds like you dont have what they call discernment and you really are just a lost cause then.
We get that you support police and how you are choosing to do so but how are you choosing to support the people, more so the white populace being officially labled as terrorists and being put on no fly lists for protesting when it was our ancestors that  created this nation.
Do you plan on arresting any of the politicians labeling us and telling you to enforce laws that violate the constitution and treat the citizens trying to stop a stolen election or to red flag people for having that view on things? do you just  "support police" because "law &order" even when the laws you enforce break the actual law and blatantly are putting you at odds with the general populace of our nation?
Did you kneel with the rabid blm animals in the streets and march them only to turn and justify Ashli Babbit being shot in the neck by agents protecting the actual traitors to our nation?

Law enforcement has the power and authority to arrest and see that the politicians doing this to our nation are brought to justice, instead it looks like most of you prefer the easy road of excuse making and taking the easy way out by turning on the very people you were suppose to serve and protect, but you already failed to do that when you let one of my family members get attacked in the street by one of the enraged blm boys and even then you declined to see that any charges followed the animal. If you dont support us why is it expected we should support you?
View Quote

What are YOU doing about it? Don’t give a fuck who you want to support. What are YOU doing to fix it?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What are YOU doing about it? Don’t give a fuck who you want to support. What are YOU doing to fix it?
View Quote

I think the question here was why don't we support the police? I can't do much of anything about how you guys choose to act and why you aren't doing anything aside from telling you and responding when you post a question, its likely your own weakness and evil that is to blame.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think the question here was why don't we support the police? I can't do much of anything about how you guys choose to act and why you aren't doing anything aside from telling you and responding when you post a question, its likely your own weakness and evil that is to blame.
View Quote

So you are doing nothing. Figures but I do applaud your honesty. You are just another fake conservative. I’m guessing you’re another anarchist (aka libertarian)

Since you are doing nothing to change things in YOUR community for the better, I can only conclude you do not care and are waiting for someone else to carry the weight for you. Don’t bitch when liberals run your community because YOU did nothing to stop it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So you are doing nothing. Figures but I do applaud your honesty. You are just another fake conservative. I’m guessing you’re another anarchist (aka libertarian)

Since you are doing nothing to change things in YOUR community for the better, I can only conclude you do not care and are waiting for someone else to carry the weight for you. Don’t bitch when liberals run your community because YOU did nothing to stop it.
View Quote

you sound angry and like you are attempting to divert from the very good points I made about law enforcement. Lets stick to the topic at hand instead of trying to personally attack people...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:45:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

you sound angry and like you are attempting to divert from the very good points I made about law enforcement. Lets stick to the topic at hand instead of trying to personally attack people... ok fed boy?
View Quote

Your “points” are only good in your mind. See my lengthy post above. Describes you quite well.

This is the BOTS forum and has specific rules. You should conduct yourself accordingly. I’m guessing you are unable to follow simple rules though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your “points” are only good in your mind. See my lengthy post above. Describes you quite well.

This is the BOTS forum and has specific rules. You should conduct yourself accordingly. I’m guessing you are unable to follow simple rules though.
View Quote

Sorry about your feelings and your bruised ego, maybe dont pick a "internet fight" if you are too weak emotionally to handle it?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sorry about your feelings and your bruised ego, maybe dont pick a "internet fight" if you are too weak emotionally to handle it?
View Quote

Now it’s time for you to remove yourself from this forum since you are clearly just here to stir up trouble.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:33:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If you are practicing law then you pretty well understand that some states/are doing whatever they please, in fact superseding federal law.
In theory states may be bound, but the fed is not enforcing it, nor will it now even more so.
The left has a monopoly on resisting the fed, and with the current state of affairs they can pretty much ignore with the blessing of DC now.
View Quote

There is always some tension between the states and the feds and if that tension gets too great, it generally gets resolved in the courts...  Which are more recently swinging conservative.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sounds like you dont have what they call discernment and you really are just a lost cause then.

View Quote

1 - I don't view BLM protests (funny enough I still think of Bureau of Land Management when I hear BLM) or the people rioting in the capital as terrorists.  Over the last 20 years, the term "terrorist" has been misapplied grossly IMO.

2 - I don't have the powers to arrest anyone.

3 - People have the opinion that this election was stolen.  I do not have that view point, nor do a lot of people I know.  The reality is it's the electorial college who install the president, NOT the popular vote.  As a government, we've always had politians protesting about election results on BOTH political sides every election, but rarely does it make the news.  The difference this year is we have a loud mouth egotistical megalomaniac in office, and because the popular vote was close, he refuses to come to grips with the fact that he could actually lose IMO.

4 - I have never nelt for or against protestors of any sort, nor in protest of my country.  I do however understand that those that may disagree with my opinion have the same rights to protest peacefully as they see fit.  THAT is the double edge sword living in a free country.  

5 - Who is us?  The people who feel like the election was stolen?  Personally, I don't expect anyone to support my own personal opinion.

6 - I do support the police because I understand they are in a no win job.  I'm blessed enough that I know my county sheriff on a first name basis (he even sent me a reminder on my CC permit when it was about to expire).  In our own local town, I have worked with the small local police department with the scouting organization.  I have also gotten busted for not wearing seat belts and understand that a LEO is only doing his job and in my youth, got my fair share of speeding tickets, all of them deserved.  I have taught my childrent to both respect and fear the law.  Never be a dick to a LEO, keep your mouth shut with only "yes sir, no sir" responses when they are interacting with you in a professional manner.  Like any other profession, you have good and bad people who work in their profession, the difference is there aren't many other professions that can haul your butt to jail.  I worked in DC, and came to the conclusion I'm not a city person.  I can't imagine the crap LEO's go through in major metropolitan areas on a day in day out basis.  All of that said, just because a man wears a badge should not make him immune to the law.

The woman killed at the capital wasn't murder IMO (Vickie Weaver however is another story).  She (chick at the capital) was where she wasn't supposed to be, and watching the video, it does appear she was climbing to gain access to yet another area she wasn't supposed to to while at the same time a handgun had her in it's sights.  Ultimately, what she was doing was wrong, and given the mentality of the rioters and the position the man with the gun was in and his job, I can at least understand why she was taken out, even if it was a mistake on the LEO's part.  I don't feel sorry for people who play stupid games and win stupid prizes no matter what their skin color.  I don't care if you have a badge or not, you have a gun and I don't, and I'm somewhere where I'm not supposed to be, the gun wins out everytime, badge not needed.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:08:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Be advised

You are in a technical forum, not GD or politics.

Read the rules, and follow them, or else you may lose your ability to read and post in here.

This forum is for public safety to discuss matters with each other, not for the general public to come in and vent.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If you are not an leo, how is it that you have access here?  are you an emt of ff? I thought we had to be vetted.  I had to submit a copy of an ID before admission.
View Quote

Like the other guy said, you're in the public technical forum, not the private one. The rules are more strict here, but not as enforced as they used to be. Perhaps that will change soon.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#31]
It’s definitely gone downhill lately.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The police have not picked sides. You do realize that police consist of thousands of completely separate agencies with no connection to each other correct ? Do you hate all doctors because one in Utah is negligent or supports abortion ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This place is just reflecting society as a whole. The police have picked sides.  When they pick the sides of the communist left over the law abiding, don't be surprised that the law abiding citizen doesn't like them anymore.

The police have not picked sides. You do realize that police consist of thousands of completely separate agencies with no connection to each other correct ? Do you hate all doctors because one in Utah is negligent or supports abortion ?

Haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not a cop, or military.  I worked in the LE equipment industry making protective gear for few years before I got my current job.  I've met a lot of officers, made few friends.

I think right now with the Dem's have all 4 branches of the government, there's legit concerns among "the people" that when the time comes to knock on your doors, the majority of the police force would just "follow their orders, Do Their Job".

People are afraid that the same police force they have supported and relied upon, will become another tool of lefist politicians.

It didn't happen over night.  

Remember the Roof top Koreans?  The police were suppose to show, but no show.

Remember Ares Armor back in the day, and Polymer80 recently?  The same police can come in raid any one of us.

Gun confiscation after Katrina?

On 5/31/2020, when downtown Indianapolis was set on fire by the looters and rioters, the major's office told the IMPD to Stand Down, they followed their orders.  Innocent people have died, 112 business burned/looted.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:20:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm not a cop, or military.  I worked in the LE equipment industry making protective gear for few years before I got my current job.  I've met a lot of officers, made few friends.

I think right now with the Dem's have all 4 branches of the government, there's legit concerns among "the people" that when the time comes to knock on your doors, the majority of the police force would just "follow their orders, Do Their Job".

People are afraid that the same police force they have supported and relied upon, will become another tool of lefist politicians.

It didn't happen over night.  

Remember the Roof top Koreans?  The police were suppose to show, but no show.

Remember Ares Armor back in the day, and Polymer80 recently?  The same police can come in raid any one of us.

Gun confiscation after Katrina?

On 5/31/2020, when downtown Indianapolis was set on fire by the looters and rioters, the major's office told the IMPD to Stand Down, they followed their orders.  Innocent people have died, 112 business burned/looted.

http://www.offthegridnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/katrina-confiscation.jpg

View Quote

So no doubt the local voters are going to get rid of those shitty politicians right?

The voters will get the police force they demand. Police departments in particular are not run by officers...they are run by the city elected leaders. Some city leaders stay out of the way of the police chief and let him run the department. Some do not. Liberals rarely let their police chief run the department but when all hell breaks loose, they will sacrifice the police chief.

Stop being fooled by politicians. Your city leaders are the problem you need to tackle if you want to change your police department.

America’s problem is the American people. Everything else is a symptom of the real problem. Shitty leaders in America get elected by shitty Americans. If you haven’t noticed, a large number of Americans are pretty worthless.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#35]

You know, that's not a picture of gun confiscation you posted.  

That's a picture of federal agents breaking open a door to look for dead bodies (see the dried mud on the porch, it was everywhere, because it went underwater for so long).  That's the reason they have gloves and masks on.  The dead body smell was over powering back then.  This was in the first three weeks, because after that, it was required that anyone doing body recovery had to be wearing full hazmat gear (which happened to be a lot of the meth lab trained guys, because they already had the gear and training in it's use).
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So no doubt the local voters are going to get rid of those shitty politicians right?

The voters will get the police force they demand. Police departments in particular are not run by officers...they are run by the city elected leaders. Some city leaders stay out of the way of the police chief and let him run the department. Some do not. Liberals rarely let their police chief run the department but when all hell breaks loose, they will sacrifice the police chief.

Stop being fooled by politicians. Your city leaders are the problem you need to tackle if you want to change your police department.

America’s problem is the American people. Everything else is a symptom of the real problem. Shitty leaders in America get elected by shitty Americans. If you haven’t noticed, a large number of Americans are pretty worthless.
View Quote

All the police force, not just local, Feds too, run by politicians.  Yes, these shitty politicians are here to stay, both Democrats and GOP.  We have to live with that until it's changed.

The question is what you are gonna do about that.

There is the Law and the right thing to do.  When push comes to shove, for example the if the DM's passed the Red Flog Law, do you believe the police force will do the right thing which is to uphold the Constitution, or enforce the "LAW".

And please, don't be fooled by the politicians and the media calling what happened in DC a "Riot" and in Portland "Protest".

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You know, that's not a picture of gun confiscation you posted.  

That's a picture of federal agents breaking open a door to look for dead bodies (see the dried mud on the porch, it was everywhere, because it went underwater for so long).  That's the reason they have gloves and masks on.  The dead body smell was over powering back then.  This was in the first three weeks, because after that, it was required that anyone doing body recovery had to be wearing full hazmat gear (which happened to be a lot of the meth lab trained guys, because they already had the gear and training in it's use).
View Quote

For your own good
Hurricane Katrina Door to Door Firearms Confiscation

Hurricane Katrina Firearms Confiscation

Ares Armor

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#38]
This thread is a perfect example of what’s wrong. Cops explaining what the problem is and the problem is yelling at the cops.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Police have an extremely important and difficult job.
They should be supported.
But they are not beyond criticism when they fuck up or act in a tyrannical manner.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:31:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

All the police force, not just local, Feds too, run by politicians.  Yes, these shitty politicians are here to stay, both Democrats and GOP.  We have to live with that until it's changed.

The question is what you are gonna do about that.

There is the Law and the right thing to do.  When push comes to shove, for example the if the DM's passed the Red Flog Law, do you believe the police force will do the right thing which is to uphold the Constitution, or enforce the "LAW".

And please, don't be fooled by the politicians and the media calling what happened in DC a "Riot" and in Portland "Protest".

View Quote

I have addressed your “points” already in several posts above but you are too blinded by your hate to even begin to understand it.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:46:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This thread is a perfect example of what’s wrong. Cops explaining what the problem is and the problem is yelling at the cops.
View Quote

Yep. The so called conservatives will scream against those “corrupt cops” all while ignoring the real problem all around them. Funny thing about it is, most of the people around here who are scared of cops also have had little to no interaction with cops period. They remind me of the people who have strong opinions about the opposite sex (and they are happy to share them loudly with everyone) but are too scared to actually talk to “one of them”.

I live and work in a conservative area and encounter these types from time to time. Their irrational behavior is actually kind of funny....although it’s kind of sad too.
“Hi I’m Officer X with XYZ department”
“I don’t talk to the police”
“Oh ok. I stopped to let you know you left your garage door open and since we have a lot of theft around here I figured you might have left it open accidentally so I stopped to let you know to try to keep you from being a victim of theft”
“It’s a free country and I can do what I want to on my property”
“Yes you are right. Have a good day”
Walk away shaking head wondering how far that segment of society has fallen that equating an officer trying to be helpful with tyranny. Go sit in a parking lot and surf the net instead of trying to be helpful to the retards knowing that when said assholes becomes a victim in a future theft they will be the same ones bitching that “the cops don’t do anything”

You’re right....we don’t do anything....because you don’t want us to. Both so called conservatives and ANTIFA type liberals are actually very similar. They just approach their hatred of law and order from different directions.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who's doing the yelling, LOL

There's no problem how the rioters were treated in Portland and any other places.

We are the problem.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have addressed your “points” already in several posts above but you are too blinded by your hate to even begin to understand it.

View Quote

Where did you get my hate?

I'm trying to lay out some of the concerns as a private citizen in a civil manner with few examples from the past, decade ago and recent.

Did I say I'm against the police or on the side of the rioters?

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There's no problem how the rioters were treated in Portland and any other places.

We are the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are the problem.

You’re examples are the failures of leadership and politicians allowed by the local constituency.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#45]
What in the fuck of fucks is going on here? I thought this was for PD and FD to sort shit out.

Where is the credentialed page someone mentioned before?

If you aren't PD or FD and your posting here, go fuck yourself, you will never fucking get it.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Something something shoot your dog and beat your wife for their pension and dental plan
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:14:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironically enough, when I lived in NY state, Trump struck me as a Democrat.  Go figure....

Well, he thinks he will be the Candidate in 2024.  

Can't wait to see what he promises for "Gun Rights" this time around...
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey Joenobodies! WTF is that? Take it the GD asshole.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What in the fuck of fucks is going on here? I thought this was for PD and FD to sort shit out.

Where is the credentialed page someone mentioned before?

If you aren't PD or FD and your posting here, go fuck yourself, you will never fucking get it.

View Quote

General LEO Discussions is the secure LEO forum where u need to show ID to gain admission.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Something something shoot your dog and beat your wife for their pension and dental plan
View Quote

Go play in traffic.  Preferably an interstate.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top