Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi flex is what you seek
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Shit, man, toughen up.

This shit will help put calluses on yer hands and you won't need no fuckin' gloves...
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
ordered a pair of Hexguard chrome 4025s, seemed the right fit, we shall see.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What kinda fucked up hands do you have?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Glove that finally fit like gloves.  No one glove bigger than the other a thumb that’s one inch to long you have to tape back.  Anything else is shit after using these.

Was speaking to the shit quality with other gloves and how inconsistent they are size wise from one to the other, especially leather gloves.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I gave up on those textured cloth gloves years ago.

I use black nitrile gloves. I might burn through two pairs in a day, but a box costs less than a pair of mechanix.

More sanitary too. If you do anything with liquids,  the mechanix gloves are useless instantly.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was speaking to the shit quality with other gloves and how inconsistent they are size wise from one to the other, especially leather gloves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Glove that finally fit like gloves.  No one glove bigger than the other a thumb that’s one inch to long you have to tape back.  Anything else is shit after using these.

lol out of the hundreds of gloves I've worn I've never had those issues.
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
None better.

Link Posted: 10/18/2019 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I use my PIG gloves for everything and absolutely love them.

They are pricey for what they are though and can't attest how well they'd hold up to the sort of abuse you appear to put them through. Mine have held up for years of normal use (yardwork, some auto repairs, range time, etc)
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Whatever it is, whells lamont.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#10]
The leather mechanix gloves kick ass after you break them in. They last about twice as long as the regular ones for me. You lose a little dexterity of course but I like them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
If you're talking about oil and grease, latex or nitrile cases on Amazon.

If you're talking about oil and grease with finger/hand grip, Maxiflex.  See sigline.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 1:56:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Uh..just about any non-Wal Mart brand?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:06:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Gloves are a disposable item.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:13:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Ringer Roughneck with kevlar is what I found would last me the longest
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:18:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Whatever I can find at work. Usually it’s the stuff that’s rubber-dipped at the fingers. Tho I picked up a pair of leather gloves there too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:31:11 AM EDT
[#16]
I probably should wear gloves when working on my diesel vw golf
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 2:35:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I had some of the heaviest Youngstown gloves, worked great until I got them soaked in oil. I prefer nitrile gloves for the dexterity anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#18]
You don't need gloves to work on cars. I work on heavy industrial equipment daily and never wear any.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Shit, man, toughen up.

This shit will help put calluses on yer hands and you won't need no fuckin' gloves...
https://img.makeupalley.com/thumb/h/350/3_3_6_3_2036915.JPG
View Quote
We used to give that to the guys with fucked up hands before we fingerprinted them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wish more companies made cadet sizes, I have large hands and medium fingers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Mechanix used to always rip in the fingers for me.

I switched to baseball and football gloves.

Much more durable, and you can still use your fingers for fasteners.
View Quote
Solvents like brake cleaners tend to disintegrate the fake leather in Mechanix. Having tried a few over the years, the longest lasting seem to be the coated ones. Mechanix are overpriced to get into every brick and mortar storefront thru distribution channels which have multiple layers of profit takers. However, if you are looking for Multicam, one of the cheapest.

I've done it more than a few times, step up to more expensive gloves just to see them get tossed sooner than a bundle of the cheaper knit coated ones for less. There are no super gloves. They are kleenex. Blow and throw.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:53:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All the mechanics I know just wear latex gloves to keep oil/grease off their hands

Why are you wearing them out?
View Quote
This is what I do. I buy a case of Diamond Grip gloves for $100 on Amazon. 10 boxes in a case and they last me almost a year. I have seen one hourly tech wear Mechanix gloves over the last 20 years. Everyone else wears latex or nitride gloves.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Extrication gloves might work but you will want a set that doesn't have the blood borne pathogen protection.  Well unless your Kia work is more hazardous than I think it is.  I like Ringers extrication gloves.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You don't need gloves to work on cars. I work on heavy industrial equipment daily and never wear any.
View Quote
Yes you do. I wear gloves all day and work on 3-15 cars a day. Finish the job, rip off the diamond grip gloves and go road test. There is not enough time in the day to wash my hands 20-40 times. I need my customers cars clean so they keep coming back.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yes you do. I wear gloves all day and work on 3-15 cars a day. Finish the job, rip off the diamond grip gloves and go road test. There is not enough time in the day to wash my hands 20-40 times. I need my customers cars clean so they keep coming back.
View Quote
Ok, I can see the logic behind that approach.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top