Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2023 3:20:24 PM EDT
I haven't been active on this site for a long time, so I wonder if some helpful person could point me to the best forum for a little background research I'm doing for an ammo project.

I'm thinking of making a web scraper that collects ammo prices every day. The goal would be to track the price of ammo over time, and once there is enough long-term data, be able to correlate it to world events like wars, pandemics, election results, etc.. It's sort of a hobby project.

For the data to be worthwhile, I would only want to track the exact same product over time...same bullet weight, same powder, same case material, etc.. So I need to figure out what ammo is the closest to a commodity, in the way that 1 lb. of copper today is the same as 1 lb. of copper from 40 years ago.

Off the top of my head, for example, I'm thinking the NATO-spec 5.56 might be a good candidate. Maybe there is similar uniformity among 9mm, .45ACP or some of the commie ammos?

I'm pretty out of touch with all the intricacies of ammo markets. What forum on this site would I have the best luck with these sorts of questions?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Deleted. Realized we’re not in GD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top