Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Professor of Biology.
We met more than thirty years ago when we joined together to teach hunter education at a local university. Been doing it ever since.
We've hunted and fished and traveled the back roads together. We are now both old men, but we have a lot of plans to look forward to and we have made a lot if memories to look back on.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Does she know about your obsession with Glock magazines?

4/10 EE ads dealing with Glock magazines involve @firedog51d.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
My best friend is a DEA agent
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Several friendly acquaintances since retiring from the military, but no true close friends like when I was in.  But those friendships went away with PCSs moves and retirement.

I've simply flown solo since then.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
She kills mice and gophers.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
She tends to our little spread, the kids, and makes a hell of an enchilada

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He sleeps all day on the couch, barks at the UPS driver
View Quote

Mine sleeps on the floor, and loves the UPS guy...and the mailgal , and really anyone that'll give him a scratch
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bullshit. I'm 47 and have only been married to Mrs. 'Bravo for 2 years. I can come and go as I please with no questions asked, but I'm always home because there is nowhere else I'd rather be than with her. She's THAT cool and fun.
View Quote

So.. You dont have any friends except for your wife ?

I guess if your hobbies are just staying at home and talking its cool. Maybe if i knew a girl that rides enduro or at least dirt bikes I could hang out a lot with her, even then, I dunno..
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My best friend turns kibble into poo for a living. And barks at the delivery trucks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/202/Barking-1764095.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#10]
We were roommates my 2nd year of university in1989.  He was a pharma sales rep and now sells other medical industry stuff.  Unfortunately, jobs have separated us by a few hundred miles but we still get together 4 or more time a year.

Lost what I'll call my second best friend to glioblastoma in 2018.  

The only difference be tween the two is if the #1 asked me to be to his house at 2am this Saturday and bring a shovel, I'd show up no questions asked.  The number #2 would have had to give me the back story before I showed up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife is my best friend, she's a stay at home mom that home schools all our kids (been home schooling pre covid cluster fucker)

Besides my wife, my best non wife friend would be my buddy Adam, he's a plant operator I suppose, he works with some chiller and sits around staring at a screen all day he does well for himself
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Works for the VA.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How long have you been friends, and how did you meet?
View Quote

Carpenter, 25 years, we had friends in common.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Spends the money I earn.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Mechanic (mainly import). Met through a mutual friend (car club) who neither of us talk to anymore. Been friends for 15 years.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Best friend (left) was a bartender/model when I met her. Now she is doing catering and web design. Very motivated woman, very few people I know work as hard as she does. And she got her citizenship last year, the proper way. I'm very proud of her.

My partner (right) is an attorney. Navy Vet (how we met), smart as hell, 4 degrees from Penn/Wharton (2x), Georgetown, and Harvard. Made partner at her law firm two months ago. Also, indescribably proud of her.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

You are blessed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She manages a region  (7 branches) of travel agents and insurance agents for a company that everyone knows. She also has a side gig as my sammich maker.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/81922/Screenshot_20210108-170229_Gallery_jpg-1842137.JPG
View Quote

Your avatar is me at this moment.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He killed himself 2 years and 9 months ago. Knew him my whole life, talked to him everyday. Had a beer with him 4 hours before it happened.
View Quote

So sad.  I knew a guy on a golf forum that became as much a 'friend' as someone on the internet could be.  We shared a lot of laughs, and then one day out the clear blue he sent my a hard drive full of music.  He killed himself the following day.

Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:53:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We move around from state to state so rarely see my high school best friend. This beautiful women has been by my side for 29 years. She is without a doubt my best friend.

ETA: She’s a Real Estate agent.

Just after we met in ‘92

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180048/363CFFFB-FAB5-4BED-8F01-2EB993502A7E_jpe-1842161.JPG

Honeymoon in ‘95

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/180048/08097AAF-9247-47F6-B258-C1B682DAE854_jpe-1842160.JPG
View Quote

Very beautiful!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Runs a cargo trailer manufacturing business alongside his two brothers originally started by their dad. Their goal is to hit $100 million in sales in 5 years, I think he said this year was pushing 70.

Known him 10 years or so.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Neuro surgeons are a different animal. They do tend to be odd as well, but not as much as neurologists. Most neurologists I've met at either slightly to overtly Asperger-types or FMGs who were just looking to match in a non-competitive specialty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The neuro surgeon I saw when I hurt my neck had a pic of a P51 on the wall and his knuckles were somewhat busted up.

I asked him about this and turns out he not only owns and flies the plane, but he wrenches on it too.

Neuro surgeons are a different animal. They do tend to be odd as well, but not as much as neurologists. Most neurologists I've met at either slightly to overtly Asperger-types or FMGs who were just looking to match in a non-competitive specialty.

One's a detective, the other's a repairman...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Lawyer.  Met 27 years ago in law school.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Sells Mclarens and Bentleys
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:00:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I have two. They are busy. One gets thrown around by 7 year-olds for a living. He's a sensei in a Kenpo studio that teaches. And a CEO.
The other is a Mom of two kids.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Met when we were both sophomores in high school. He’s with MDFR since 2001. The only man and person I trust my kids with other than my father. It’s the reason why he’s the one to take care of them if both of us would buy the farm.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Was an ER nurse now he's an executive at a hospital that is the states largest employer (not TX). His employer is paying for him to get a PhD now. He is jealous and thinks all I do is fire people all day every day. I don't.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I have 2 best friends, and the 3 of us have known one another for 25 years. We talk regularly. One guy is a subcontractor who supplements his income by growing legal medical marijuana. The other guy is on permanent disability from a bad auto wreck. He supplements his income as a barber on a part time basis.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Detective Sgt...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You are blessed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best friend (left) was a bartender/model when I met her. Now she is doing catering and web design. Very motivated woman, very few people I know work as hard as she does. And she got her citizenship last year, the proper way. I'm very proud of her.

My partner (right) is an attorney. Navy Vet (how we met), smart as hell, 4 degrees from Penn/Wharton (2x), Georgetown, and Harvard. Made partner at her law firm two months ago. Also, indescribably proud of her.

Click To View Spoiler

You are blessed.

Thank you.

I very much am.

My life would be greatly diminished without either one of them in it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@BigeasySnow. True story?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Farmer/assassin.

Met him on Arfcom.

@BigeasySnow. True story?

Yup. @rictusgrin

I worship the ground he walks on and he lets me hang out while he works on cars and transplants seedlings. A Cinderella story of sorts.

He’s my best friend but I’m just president of his fan club and his favorite thrall.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#31]
ATF Trained Firearms and Toolmarks Analyst for a State Agency Forensics Lab in another state.  

He gets paid to shoot guns and do all the cool CSI stuff, then testify about it in Court.

We met in High School and have been friends for nearly 30 years.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing I can reveal publicly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#33]
My two oldest friends I met in HS, 48 years ago.  One's a retired tool & die maker, and the other is a chemist specializing in polymers.  You know "plastics"!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#34]
These days my bf is my maid
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#35]
One of them is a farmer, the other owns a concrete company.

They are both 7 years younger than I am. I ran around with the older brother of one of them in high school so I’ve known them 40 years, but we only became close friends about 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#36]
My best friend is a cop. He just celebrated 30 years in that profession. We met in the 5th grade, so we have been friends for 40+ years. Went to USMC boot together but he got med boarded out before earning the title.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:23:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
When a man says his best friend is his wife it basically means he is a house husband and asks permission to do things.. Also, doesnt have any guy friends, probably got married late teens, very early 20's to the first woman he met. :)
View Quote
The absolute sheer f$%^king stupidity in this post is amazing.  Easily the stupidest post of the year.

I have very good guy friends.  We have breakfast once a week....pre covid.  Another one who will help me on any project when I call him.

There are guys who I have fought fire with for 25 years, trusted my life with them and theirs to me.  

My wife is still #1.  We meet at 28.  I don't ask to do things.  Spent 3 hours at the range today.  Came home to fresh chocolate chocolate chip cookies.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

She only asks if we have enough.  Me "no"
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a few so
Electrical engineer
Critical care paramedic
Some sort of zoning stuff
Salesman/bank guy
Firefighter/paramedic
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#41]
retired for now. he'll do something else eventually hes barely 40
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#42]
my best Friend is a Cop in Berlin

I have known him since 1984 - I was 14 when one of my other friends brought him around

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We traded tricycles when we were 5. He retired a year before I did, went out and bought 50 acres in the Hill country and put up signs saying trespassers would be shot.

Course, he was a Marine so some quirks are expected.
View Quote

Are the signs in crayon with penises drawn on them?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Used to be my wife, who works for a country club. But, I got over that.

My new best friend is a surgeon, he removes white polyfill stuffing from toy animals, and deposits the remains around my house. He's also my room mate, and even tho he's not well paid, he's doing what he loves and feels like he's making a difference.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yup. @rictusgrin

I worship the ground he walks on and he lets me hang out while he works on cars and transplants seedlings. A Cinderella story of sorts.

He’s my best friend but I’m just president of his fan club and his favorite thrall.
View Quote

You've got to be something rather special to be where you are. Anyway, I ain't like that anymore (William Munny-ish), and profiting as a kind of corporate officer by title in something other than dry goods. Growing plants is on the CEO's docket, so there's that farmer thing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Retired now.
Master machinist who worked at the mine I did. Met about 40 years ago.
Best shooter I know.

He cut his gun smithing teeth at C.P. Donnelly's shop (who schooled under P.O. Ackley).
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Met when I was in middle school he owns the local gun shop he's older than me by about 20 years
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm close to three folks in this world that aren't my brother.

One is a Fire Fighter / EMT who now specializes in training surgeons. (high school)
One is a self employed truck driver. (high school)
One is a semi-retired marketing guy. (arfcom)

Don't give too many damns about other people.  My two direct co-workers are great guys but we don't hang out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Part Owner of his families small rural Telecom company. Known him 53 yrs.
Funniest dude I've ever known.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Met in 2nd grade, we fought in the school yard to a draw. his parents were incredibly wealthy. Trust fund kid. He owns multiple businesses now. Best man in each other's wedding, godfather to a kid each etc. He drives for Uber when he's bored lol.

I learned at an early age that trying to keep up with the Jones' is stupid, but also to never stop working hard.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top