Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2017 3:55:10 PM EDT
I thought I just had to have a chest high stack of boxes filled with baseball cards. I was at a desperate moving sale and got a bazillion baseball cards in decent condition. But, I haven't collected cards since my collection was stolen while I was away at basic.

I guess I just didn't want them to go in the trash.

Is there an arfcom of baseball cards where I can sell these and get some of my money back?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Same here. The wife's collection.
Bump for replies, but I think I already know the answer.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
There are some cards that are still worth money.

99% of them arent worth anything.

I still have my collection from the 80s and remember hitting the shows every weekend.

Grab a book of values and see what you have, then put those on ebay.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Last time I was in a card shop was over 10 years ago. Only thing the owner was buying was very early/rare cards and certified autographs. I do not think the market has changed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Put them on the spokes of every kid in town.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:17:58 AM EDT
[#5]
What years is the most important question to answer. I can help you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#6]
how did this end up?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
1000's of sports cards isn't very many for collectors. I collected years ago. I had over 1 million cards at one time. I would stop on the way to work and buy 2-3 complete boxes of packs of cards. I don't know what happened but at so time I just stopped. I sold them all. So now I have none. They were all 1980's-2003. They weren't worth crap when I decided to get rid of them.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Ive been in and out of collecting 3 or 4 times. Bought too much then sold them all off at once.

The rare game used cards of the retired and hall of famers is my addiction and anything old like Mantle or Mays. I don't know why this hobby attracts me but its just as expensive as guns.

The good thing about this card market is that it is current and on eBay. The supply is all out there and there wont be a big surprise like the 90s when they realized there were a billion of everything. Card companies produce a limited number of sets now to keep the demand high.

The shitty 90s boxes can still be had for $3 a box because there are still warehouses out there full. For the current stuff there are stragglers out there that actually end up going up in value because few can be found
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Use em as targets at the range. Be a lot more fun than trying to convince someone else to buy them
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#10]
What about Pokémon cards? I was that age when they first came out. All first generation cards. Just sits in my shed now in a tote. I don't think card shops are a thing anymore
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What about Pokémon cards? I was that age when they first came out. All first generation cards. Just sits in my shed now in a tote. I don't think card shops are a thing anymore
View Quote
they are, but most of the market is on eBay and Facebook. eBay charges about 10% now so it makes it hard to run business off there.

Sitting in the garage will ruin them but people buy them
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
here is a sold listing of one of the highest pokemon cards i found.. Sold listing not asking

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BGS-Quad-9-5-PSA-10-Gem-Mint-CHARIZARD-HOLO-Shadowless-Base-Set-1st-Edition-4/292381040927?hash=item441344a11f:g:QHEAAOSwHYpaKb9k

Anyone who thinks sports cards are dead is talking out of their ass.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Use em as targets at the range. Be a lot more fun than trying to convince someone else to buy them
View Quote
This. I tried giving mine away and couldn't get rid of them. Pull the few that are worth anything to you and either Goodwill the rest or shoot them up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top