Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2021 2:05:37 AM EDT
Fuck politics, lets have a good old religious argument in GD....

If hell was first, why create souls that could be damned to such a place

If earth was first, why create a hell to punish a creation you love so much...

Bonus question.... why did god give women vocal cords?

Bonus answer... to prepare some men for hell......

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
What makes you think they're different places?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Not this shit again.

Go to fucking church and pay your tithing if you want to ponder this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Depends on your world view. I would have to say earth first, then humans, then the construct of god and religion which eventually included a hell. Without earth, there are no humans. Without humans, hell has no relevance.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not this shit again.

View Quote

No one is forcing you to open the thread and waste your valuable time on it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Chicken or Egg. Hmm...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:35:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because, if you don't the bad ones will make life hell for the good ones.  Free will requires a proper fear of consequences.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:35:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Earth is some other planets Hell.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Depends on your world view. I would have to say earth first, then humans, then the construct of god and religion which eventually included a hell. Without earth, there are no humans. Without humans, hell has no relevance.
View Quote

Seems rather twisted to create something, in your image and go "oops" I need a time out place...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

So we are pawns? God made us, and satan, satan said fuck you dad Im going to do my own shit, and God says lets play chess, see who wins?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:42:08 AM EDT
[#10]
The idea of heaven and hell is a Greek idea that seeped into the New Testament.

in traditional Judaism there is the Earth and 7 heavens. The souls migrates back to this world or to higher levels.

The neat thing about this level is the divine is hidden the most. Allowing for the most honest actions. Good or bad.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:48:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I guess the good news is according to a thread I read last night In GD, we now know how a dinosaurs butthole worked millions of years ago, yet we cant really figure out how many of the stories in the bible are real 2021 years later.. so there is that...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:53:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell is a Christian construct to control people.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:57:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hell is a Christian construct to control people.
View Quote

Wrong... Religion period is the first form of Government. all of them...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Well one doesn't exist so earth
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Earth.

Hell is a magical fairy tale from a story book...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:34:50 AM EDT
[#16]
There is no hell.  Yet.

To all the other questions......... God gave us free will.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Existence itself is Hell. God as the sole unique phenomenon that exists is in Hell. Eternity is the lake of fire that has driven god mad. Earth and its puppet show is the end result.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:42:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not this shit again.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:10:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you want to stay literal to the Bible, it would make sense that Hell would come first. When Satan (in the form of a serpent) tempted Eve with the fruit of knowledge of good and evil (before she bathed in the river and got that smell on all the fish) and the earth was still new, where else would he have come from? He was already cast out of Heaven, he had to have been somewhere...
View Quote

It has always been my understanding that hell was created when Satan and his rebel angels attempted a coup and failed. Satan and his fallen angels were cast into the lake of fire for their actions.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:13:52 AM EDT
[#21]
IIRC the fall of Satan was outside the bible - but at least one account said that Satan resented man being created in God's image.  As such, Earth was first.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:18:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It has always been my understanding that hell was created when Satan and his rebel angels attempted a coup and failed. Satan and his fallen angels were cast into the lake of fire for their actions.

View Quote

Satan has not been cast into Hell like he eventually will be. Instead, he's still here on earth seeking whom he may devour.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
Job 1:7

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Peter 5:8

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Well theologically speaking God is unchanging.  Therefore God exists outside of time and is not a linear entity.  To God the whole creation process happens at once.  No beginning, no end.  It just all exists.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easy. Every answer you want is based upon the space-time continuum. i.e. 3rd dimension.

Ok COOL! What did I win?

ETA again: going to bed. just text me. I like prizes.

Ok had to edit this. Outside space/time because God is love. Ok. The Evil One did. God let him lose to let people decide. Fate is choice and choice can be love or darkness....................

God didn' punish anyone we did ourselves..... et...........

going to bed. whatever. Can't stand Einstein's theory of Relativity keep posting stupid shit like this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Earth.

Hell does not exist except for metaphorical places in our mind and in our lives when shit is really shitty.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Because, if you don't the bad ones will make life hell for the good ones.  Free will requires a proper fear of consequences.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No such thing as free will if God has control over everything and knows what you're going to do.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Suppose you're the last human being and you're lonely..  You are an AI programmer/roboticist and decide to create "alive" robots patterned on your brain.  You could just make them all just puppets that only ever do what they are specifically programmed for, but that would be boring.

You create truly free AIs that can make mistakes and choices.   Perhaps there was a virus in your computer left by a human enemy and it gets into your AI constructs.  Some stay cool and some start stealing, torturing, and destroying the other AIs.

You decide to collect them all up and throw the asshole robots into a furnace and start over with the cool ones.  Of course the hasshole robots complain and bitch about how evil you are and why did you create them with free will and not as simple puppets as you throw them into the fire

You live happily thereafter with the cool AI robots who say "thanks for making us"

Basically this
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No such thing as free will if God has control over everything and knows what you're going to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Knowing what you are going to do and making you do it are two WAY different things. God does control everything but from what you imply, God causes you to sin.  No he doesn't.

Men have the free will to do as they wish. God may control everything but he does not control our behavior and he does not cause us to sin. That's all on us and our free will.

It's " the devil made me do it"...... Not " God made me do it".

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Satan has not been cast into Hell like he eventually will be.
Instead, he's still here on earth seeking whom he may devour.

And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Satan has not been cast into Hell like he eventually will be.
Instead, he's still here on earth seeking whom he may devour.

Exactly this. Satan has been free to roam the earth and anywhere he wishes. He is not constrained in hell .  Yet.

Read Revelations 12:10.  Satan stands before the lord and accuses us all the time.  He is free to do as he wishes. For now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Well one doesn't exist so earth
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#33]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Hell was first. Entities who wanted nothing to do with God were in existence before he created humans. Separation from God (after we die physically) = the eternal, awful, horrible REAL place called hell.  

Assuming earth was first, which is wasn’t, hell wouldn’t have been created from a place of evil, but a place of good. The Lord is fundamentally good, righteous, and just - so we cannot be in his presence after committing numerous crimes against him after death without a savior. The Lord always loves his humans just as a father loves his little boy who does wrong. Love and punishment are not mutually exclusive.

Why create humans who will choose to be tortured forever? It’s the only way to also create humans who choose to spend eternity with the good Lord in fellowship forever. He doesn’t actually want anyone to choose hell, but he leaves it up to us.

Vocal cords in women were a design fluke.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Knowing what you are going to do and making you do it are two WAY different things. God does control everything but from what you imply, God causes you to sin.  No he doesn't.

Men have the free will to do as they wish. God may control everything but he does not control our behavior and he does not cause us to sin. That's all on us and our free will.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats an Olympic gold metal level of mental gymnastics.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Hell was created for the devil and his angels. Satan fell before the creation of man. So there's that.
  It's my understanding that space, time, and matter (as we know it) were created simultaneously.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What makes you think they're different places?
View Quote

I would think that hell would be a much more horrible place.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Earth

They had to build that highway to hell
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So we are pawns? God made us, and satan, satan said fuck you dad Im going to do my own shit, and God says lets play chess, see who wins?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If man were created for entertainment, sure.

If man were created for loving fellowship? Different dynamic. Satan hates God. If God created humans for that reason, then the best way to get back at God would be to separate as many humans from him as possible.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Why would we expect an eternal, omniscient being to do things the way we think he should?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Time is created. It does not exist with God. Therefore no before or after other than in creation. Same as there is no center or edge of an infinite universe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:23:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I would think that hell would be a much more horrible place.
View Quote

Biden’s not the President of hell.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:28:51 AM EDT
[#43]
From creation's perspective or from the Creator's?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Bonus question.... why did God give women vocal cords?

View Quote

There's a book that explains all of this.
But be warned, it's the most complicated collection of texts in history.
If you pick through it half assed you'll end up more confused than you are now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Where did Neanderthals go when they died?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Well, we know earth exists.  The same cannot be said for Hell.

So until someone can prove hell exists, there isn't any reason to believe in it.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So until someone can prove hell exists, there isn't any reason to believe in it.

View Quote

go live with a 300 lb female SJW for a year and get back to us...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Prove it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#49]
The answer might be in one of the various original books of the Bible that were thrown out throughout history.

Since the Bible that we currently know is the result of centuries of modifications, sometimes after wars were fought and the winners added and removed stuff, there are all sorts of cool Biblical stories that we missed out on. Like the time baby Jesus tamed a bunch of dragons, or when teenage Jesus made a snake explode.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#50]
the real question is.....do the musical seals of solomon actually open a door to another dimension?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top