Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2020 11:08:25 PM EDT
Need to tame my beard, what do you guys like?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:35:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Dinner gravy.

I know, not GD, but it's just a joke.  Perhaps.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I never used wax on my beard when I had one, but did use some on the mustache - I believe it was firehouse wax, don’t really remember exactly.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Future. The acrylic will give you a high gloss.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Wife’s lap wax.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:51:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I use this stuff:  Richim Beard Balm  Came recommended on one of the older beard threads here.  I'm a newb to beards though, only had one for the last 5 months, never had one before...ever (retired last fall from the CG).  I lightly rub it in then use a blow dryer to melt it in while brushing it down.  Works pretty well.  Yeah, I use a blow dryer on my beard.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 3:15:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Honest Amish Beard Balm
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honest Amish Beard Balm
View Quote

I bought some of this for my goatee, and I am not sure how you are supposed to use it.
It doesn't melt down with finger friction at all for me.
Am I doing it wrong?

(just realized I've been on here almost 20 years.. where did that time go??)
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 1:23:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honest Amish Beard Balm
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been using Sheamoisture Beard Balm. I cannot say it is great but it works well.

It has a lot of wax in it and is pretty hard. I Initally was just wiping some on the top of my beard to give some control. Now that it is pretty bushy my old method wasnt working. So i dug down and exposed the product under the harder top layer. It is pretty mealy but I take about a nickle sized plug and smear it around the palm of my hand until it melts then work it into my beard. Due to the wax it doesn't fully wash out if you just rinse it in the shower. Or your hands for that matter sort of like Stick'Um.

I have noticed that after using it consistently it does soften my beard quite a bit and it does tame the wild hairs. My wife likes the scent, I am indifferent to it. Would I buy it again? Well, I will probably look for something different to try. If it was the only thing on the shelf, which in my case it was the last time, I would buy it because it works. However, I will keep looking for other product to try in the meantime.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Duke Cannon bourbon for the balm. Mountaineer wax for the moustache.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 6:46:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Old school.  Clubman for the handlebars  bossman gold for the beard balm
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:24:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Wash,rinse, brush out is all you need to do.  Don't waste your on this crap.  Buy ammo!
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:42:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Gravy is the correct answer, what runs down my chin onto my neckbeard is all I ever need.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Every man jack  Wifey likes it because it smells like sandalwood.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Detroit Grooming Co. Beard Butter.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I never thought I'd come to this sub, but here I am.

I've never grown a beard and finally said F it. I'm taking a long trip to Alaska in a couple weeks anyway.

Well - I'm about 10 days in and the hair on my bottom lip is growing straight up!

Is this the "training" you speak when talking about a wax?

Will the hair change its mind about reaching for the stars when its longer?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top