Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2018 2:41:12 AM EDT
Sea wolves, fifty fathoms, doxa, etc.

There seem to be a ton of vintage names and models that may have been gone for a while but have been resurrected.

What are your favorites?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Alsta is back. They're making the Nautoscaph II, which was a classic diver from the 60s-70s.   (Resco makes a version as well, they call it the Hooper. Named after the character in Jaws who wore the original. Also available is a bracelet that looks similar to the original.)

Oris reissued the 65 a few years ago; again, a remake of a 60s watch.

Zodiac is making modern versions of their vintage watches.  See the Sea Wolf, now the Super Sea Wolf.

Everyone, and their brother, makes an "homage" to the Submariner. From Orient and Seiko to Omega and Breitling, everyone has their version...even Ball with their Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMTII....to the extent it's gotten a little tiresome. And, everyone puts them on a Oyster bracelet. (Rant On: For example, I have a Breitling Superocean with the original steel dial, meant to say bezel, which, I love. Now, Breitling sells the Superocean with a Sub like bezel. Why? I think they lost the Breitling look. Sorry for editorializing....Rant Off.)
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alsta is back. They're making the Nautoscaph II, which was a classic diver from the 60s-70s.   (Resco makes a version as well, they call it the Hooper. Named after the character in Jaws who wore the original. Also available is a bracelet that looks similar to the original.)

Oris reissued the 65 a few years ago; again, a remake of a 60s watch.

Zodiac is making modern versions of their vintage watches.  See the Sea Wolf, now the Super Sea Wolf.

Everyone, and their brother, makes an "homage" to the Submariner. From Orient and Seiko to Omega and Breitling, everyone has their version...even Ball with their Engineer Hydrocarbon AeroGMTII....to the extent it's gotten a little tiresome. And, everyone puts them on a Oyster bracelet. (Rant On: For example, I have a Breitling Superocean with the original steel dial, which, I love. Now, Breitling sells the Superocean with a Sub like bezel. Why? I think they lost the Breitling look. Sorry for editorializing....Rant Off.)
View Quote
I agree. Everyone is making a Sub look a like. Tiresome.  That’s why I roll with UN!

Attachment Attached File

Oris is has always made some nice stuff and the 65 line is great. Can’t go wrong with Doxa either.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#3]
This French company seems to have re-issued a modern version of their Spirotechnique.  I always like the classic version with the diver on the face:

Old one:

New re-issue:

Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I agree. Everyone is making a Sub look a like. Tiresome.  That’s why I roll with UN!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/190028/B94A2154-2849-4246-9E94-25A8AE542B5B_jpeg-758206.JPG

Oris is has always made some nice stuff and the 65 line is great. Can’t go wrong with Doxa either.
View Quote
I like that UN.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top