Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2021 5:59:39 PM EDT
Have a co-working that moved from Massachusetts and is VERY anti-gun. We had a meeting today to go over a few proposals and he started in with his anti-gun rhetoric. Had to keep steering the topic back to work. Finally told him everytime he starts in with his anti-gun bullshit, I'm making a donation to a pro-2A organization in his name. He told me I was a dick and steered back to work conversation.

However, what is the preferred organization to donate to these days in the event I need to hold true to the threat?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
GOA
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Kids Talk Show has Gun as Guest -- Radical Cram School S2 E3
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I like what FPC is doing
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GOA
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
GOA & VCDL.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Why choose just one?  
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why choose just one?  
View Quote

surely WI has a state organization like VCDL or TFA as well
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#8]
FPC or GOA
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#9]
GOA
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:00:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FPC or GOA
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I like VCDL even though I live something like 2000 miles away. They've certainly been busy.

And FPC.

NAGR/RMGO make FWLP look honest. They're slimier than Brandon's surviving child.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I miss the WVCDL.  They did amazing work.  Idk if we have a NV equivalent.  I'm also looking for something to replace the NRA.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like what FPC is doing
View Quote

So far all I can tell that they’re doing is sending me a dozen emails a day full of chicken-little bullshit, “OMG! Da Dems iz about to steal yer gunz!! Give us money, DOOD!”

It's like an amplified bullhorn of the cringey BS the NRA used to send out to bilk gullible fudds. Emails with subject lines full of clickbait faggotry like RE:, FWD:, URGENT, etc

Attachment Attached File

[Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why choose just one?  

Wisconsin Carry Inc.
http://www.wisconsincarry.org/
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#15]
NRA led by the illustrious Wayne LaPierre
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why choose just one?  

TFA abandoned their forum to use Facebook.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Wisconsingunowners.org.  or jpfo
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
GOA
View Quote

Just as useless as the NRA and even less accountable to its membership. Why do you guys keep recommending them when they are either as bad as, or worse then NRA. Seriously, why? I could see it if they were accountable to their memebrship at least, but they aren't to any degree.

Support your local State level orgs folks. Thats where the fight has been.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:35:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
TFA abandoned their forum to use Facebook.  
View Quote
I think they are on MeWe, but I've not logged in there in months
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
GOA & VCDL.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#21]
GOA
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#22]
NYRPA case that recently went in front of SCOTUS was backed by the NRA and FPC filed a supporting brief. To me, that's the big deal.

If I could fund ONLY the NRA's legal actions I would, but I can't, so... FPC.

Unfortunately there isn't a good replacement for the NRA, and the NRA is a scam.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#23]
GOA and OK2A for me. OK2A primarily. Working locally seems to be paying off in Oklahoma and i can't say enough good things about them.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#24]
SAF/FPC
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#25]
SAF
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#26]
ARFCOMMERS should be a member of GOA.  

There was a 2018 study that showed GOA had the most victorious policy shifting 2A cases (2000-2016):  Amicus Policy Success in Impactful Supreme Court Decisions

There weren't any other 2A organizations on the list.

You should also join your state association... cause supporting rights in your state is important.

SAF has had some important court victories as well
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just as useless as the NRA and even less accountable to its membership. Why do you guys keep recommending them when they are either as bad as, or worse then NRA. Seriously, why? I could see it if they were accountable to their memebrship at least, but they aren't to any degree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GOA

@WildBoar

It was GOA that got Constitutional Carry passed in Texas. Most state organizations are run by the NRA. Both the NRA and Sportsman of Florida are the reason Florida has passed no major gun rights in over 30 years.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

There was a 2018 study that showed GOA had the most victorious policy shifting 2A cases (2000-2016):  Amicus Policy Success in Impactful Supreme Court Decisions

You should also join your state association... cause supporting rights in your state is important.

View Quote

That is not exactly what that link says.  Is says GOA filed briefs in support of cases that won, they weren't GOA's cases.  The big question is what were they cases they filed in support of?  Then the second question is why weren't more pro-gun orgs doing the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Both the NRA and Sportsman of Florida are the reason Florida has passed no major gun rights in over 30 years.
View Quote

Wow, who knew that lobbies had 100% control of all the legislators and gave them their marching orders.  That would be impressive if true.

Unfortunately lobbying doesn't work that way.  The senior leadership of the party in power dictates what does or doesn't happen.  The most a lobby can do is guide and influence the wording of the legislation when the senior leadership of the party in power decides they will allow something to happen.

If a state doesn't pass pro-gun bills it is because the senior leadership of the party in power doesn't want to move them.  That is the case in Florida where it was the Republican leadership that decided to push gun control after Parkland.  The Republican leadership did that, despite opposition from the NRA and other lobbies.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#31]
GOA has been kicking it up a notch this last year.  Hopefully they can keep making gains like they have been.  David Hogg is even complaining about GOA now, that is when you know they are starting to get a bit of power/influence.  Also GOA email me about their contact form to stop the unanimous consent on universal background checks.  I filled it out and received a response from Rand Paul about it.  I never receive responses from Rand Paul even when I directly contact him.  So GOA is picking up the attention of some people.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Clovis_Chitwood

Does TFA do much? I used to be member of their forum and donated a little, but I never saw much being done. Sure, they lobby some, but i never go the feelz that they getting much done. TFA needs better marketing.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That is not exactly what that link says.  Is says GOA filed briefs in support of cases that won, they weren't GOA's cases.  The big question is what were they cases they filed in support of?  Then the second question is why weren't more pro-gun orgs doing the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the article:
All groups on this list were associated with at least five successful representations before the Supreme Court in this time period.

No other 2A group had 5 or more successful representations
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
FPC or GOA
View Quote

And SAF
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
SAF
View Quote

Sig threw some $$$ their way too

https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/sig-sauer-supports-second-amendment-foundation-2021

FPC and GOA have been approaching NRA levels of propag^H^H spam lately, but seem to be doing good work?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#37]
GOA or a local org.
I support VCDL when I have the spare cash.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@Clovis_Chitwood

Does TFA do much? I used to be member of their forum and donated a little, but I never saw much being done. Sure, they lobby some, but i never go the feelz that they getting much done. TFA needs better marketing.
View Quote
I've just been a member and going to the meetings a couple of years. I think their focus now is going after the republican legislators who are squishy on 2A. They do a great job of keeping members updated with what the legislature is up to.

I'd sign up for the email updates (if you aren't already) and get a look at what they are up to.

https://tennesseefirearms.com/subscribe-tfa/
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#39]
GOA for national.  VCDL for Virginia Local.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#40]
For national groups, GOA or SAF.  

Avoid the NRA (obviously) or any group with ties to Dudley Brown (NAGR / RMGO, and a few others )
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#41]
GOA or SAF
Or a good state level group on the battle lines, like VCDL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top