Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
how the fuck do you bend over like that?  What if you need to tie your shoe, or do most aiwb wear velcro or slip ons?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how the fuck do you bend over like that?  What if you need to tie your shoe, or do most aiwb wear velcro or slip ons?
View Quote
Bend at the knees, it’s better for you anyway. Bending at the waist is quite doable, but it’s annoying.
Tie your shoes right and they don’t come loose.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
In the PI, has a burning sensation in his nether regions....blames holster.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The danger of appendix carry is just a phallusy.
View Quote
Ba dum ‘tis
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#5]
He must have been carrying a .... Glock.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does the source indicate what type of firearm?

I am fine appendix carry of a double action, I wouldn't with a 1911 or Glock but that's
Just me.
View Quote
Id guess glock but thats 100% speculation
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Zero cant holster, with wedge to rotate the grip into your body.

Position horizontally so it rides in the "void" between the centerline of your abdomen and your hip bone.

Experiment with vertical position to see what works for you and your choice of pistol.  This is critical to avoid poking yourself with the muzzle end every time you sit down.

Prior to sitting down, give a little tug upwards on your belt to position the holster for sitting.

I was skeptical, but once I got a holster designed for appendix carry and spent some time getting it adjusted properly for me, I became a believer.  I find it far more comfortable than the strong-side IWB method that I had used for a decade or more.

All that said, if you carry much of a "spare tire" at all, I don't think it would work well at all.  I think a beer gut would ruin the geometry that works for me by pushing the top of the holster away from your body and constantly digging the muzzle into your body.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84724/20180210_132018-458407.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84724/20180210_132025-458400.jpg
View Quote
100% this. Been carrying AIWB for about 10 years now and the only problem I have is it can be uncomfortable while driving after a few hours. I drive for a living so my g19 rides in my center console until the m ready to exit my vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well played.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuckin' G43 SCD can't ship soon enough.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In the PI, has a burning sensation in his nether regions....blames holster.
View Quote
Needed something to tell the old lady.
So he took a bullet
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Likely a Glock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does the source indicate what type of firearm?

I am fine appendix carry of a double action, I wouldn't with a 1911 or Glock but that's
Just me.
Likely a Glock.
Sounds like it was something with a decocker, actually
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Jesus titty-fucking Christ, fellas...do a significant number of you really think people who carry AIWB go through life posed like a fucking gingerbread man, unable to sit or bend at the fucking waist?
View Quote
AIWB is like guns and liberals.  People whom have no clue what they are talking about, think they know what they are taking about.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#17]
What are some good holsters for AIWB?
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
T Rex sidecar

I've tried probably a half dozen others and settled on that
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
@13MIKE that's the best thing I've read all week.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:45:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Fallusy"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Fallusy"
If you're going to completely miss the joke and attempt to correct someone's intentional misspelling, at least know how to correctly spell fallacy

As to the OP, it wasn't that big of a problem in the first place. Now it's even less of a problem.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

...which means you are not performing hundreds or thousands of reholsters of a loaded firearm over the course of a year. With each of those instances having the chance of a loud noise and an injury.
View Quote
I freely admit my ignorance here. I can and do carry daily, primarily AIWB and I just about never reholster a loaded firearm. I take the holster, with gun in it, off at night and put the whole thing back on the next morning. If I do have to take the gun out of the holster, I take the holster off my belt, the reholster the gun, then put the whole thing back on. Am I just being overly paranoid? Why are people reholstering so much? Serious question, I respect your posts and knowledge.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Custom Carry Concepts "Shaggy"
5 Shot Leather "SME"
Keepers Concealment Keeper
JM Customs AIWB
Dark Star Gear
Garrity In-Victus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Custom Carry Concepts "Shaggy"
5 Shot Leather "SME"
Keepers Concealment Keeper
JM Customs AIWB
Dark Star Gear
Garrity In-Victus
I would humbly submit Blackpoint Tacticals Dualpoint.

Very happy with mine.

No connection or benefit to me,  just a satisfied user.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I freely admit my ignorance here. I can and do carry daily, primarily AIWB and I just about never reholster a loaded firearm. I take the holster, with gun in it, off at night and put the whole thing back on the next morning. If I do have to take the gun out of the holster, I take the holster off my belt, the reholster the gun, then put the whole thing back on. Am I just being overly paranoid? Why are people reholstering so much? Serious question, I respect your posts and knowledge.
View Quote
Training repetitions would be my guess.

If i am working a drill from the draw,  i might draw and shoot 50 or more times in an hour or two.

Something like the F.A.S.T. drill,  for instance.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If i am working a drill from the draw,  i might draw and shoot 50 or more times in an hour or two.

View Quote
Ah, fair enough. I practice drawing and dry fire with snap caps, but don't have the honor of drawing at the range. I think this means I need more training.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:01:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Must have been a glock. Gotta use a MIC with those things if you'rr AIWBing
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#29]
It's really not rocket science.

Solid holster with the clips so you can take it on and off with the pistol in it

Don't mod the guns trigger/strikers and such in any way that could compromise safety features.

If you are reholstering loaded firearm (drills at the range) there is a stance with one leg back, lean back a little, and you can reholster without actually pointing the gun at your nuts.

Guns like the PPS the striker sticks out the back of the slide and you can press your thumb down on it and even if the trigger catches something you can catch it without discharging the firearm.

Learn how to draw a firearm without putting your booger hook on the trigger until you have cleared the holster and have the gun pointed away from your body.  Getting your finger on the trigger at the earliest possible millisecond is not the key to a good draw.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#30]
No such thing as a speed re-holster.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 12:43:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ouch.

Hammer fired, thumb over hammer when reholstering FTW.
View Quote
That’s why I switched to a P30.

I wear my Glock OWB at 3:00 now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My biggest fear and totally why I remove my holster from my belt before reholstering.
View Quote
I was thinking about this the other day ago.  I have this illogical fear everytime I holster my firearm.  Maybe not fear but concern.  Briefly the thought "Am I going about to shoot myself?" as it slides into the holster.  Logicly I know it's not going to happen because nothing is going to press the trigger.  But the thought still goes through my head everytime.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don't try to reholster in a hurry. Remove holster, insert pistol, reinstall holster and pistol together. Why is that so hard?
View Quote
Well, that would make my "100 draw and fire" drills a real pain.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd like to try AIWB it's just too uncomfortable. How do you guys do it?
View Quote
Small Johnson's
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ah, fair enough. I practice drawing and dry fire with snap caps, but don't have the honor of drawing at the range. I think this means I need more training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does.  Good of you to recognize that.  Too many people overestimate their abilities and competency.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Small Johnson's
View Quote
No, I don't weigh 300lb.

As I've lost weight, comfort for AIWB increased dramatically.

I have gigantic balls, but when you are skinny enough that your beer gut isn't pushing the muzzle into your junk.....it's super comfy and conceals like a dream, draw is faster.  Better weight distribution of belt-mounted items.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ouch.

I switched to a P30 too.  Then the Striker Control Device was released.  Now I have one on every Glock I own.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#39]
You would think(I would at least) that anytime the muzzle of your handgun is pointing at your dick you would use double dare extreme type caution.
However,since I consider carrying any handgun in any sort of IWB manner absolutely uncomfortable I won't be worrying about shooting off my dick or ass.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd like to try AIWB it's just too uncomfortable. How do you guys do it?
View Quote
Took me 2 weeks to get the discomfort to go away.  Now it's perfect.  It's like sticking your wallet in the wrong back pocket.  Feels like a baseball.  Put it in the correct side and it disappears like theirs a divot made for it.  Suck it up through the discomfort, it will be fine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’m not saying that I’m hung like a mule but how in the fuck do you sit down comfortably with a holster pressed up against you junk?

I tried it once.

No way could I carry like that.
View Quote
Move it over, not directly in the center
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#42]
It seems crazy that folks think a Marine is considered an expert at  handling a handgun.  Rifle sure.  I carry my G19 appendix with no worries. I don't even remove my holster to reinsert it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Easy. Proper holster is the key.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My experience indicates high-waist Dad-jeans are the only way to go for AIWB, unless of course, you never sit down.  Zero belly fat here.  I won’t wear the Dad-jeans, so I wear it 3-4 o’clock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where my belt sits (at my waistline) I don't have problems with the holster.
That was the key for me. Pants that you can wear close to the waist as opposed to down on the hips. That and finding that sweet spot between the navel and hip bone, and the gun rides high enough that the belt and holster/gun stay vertical when you sit.
My experience indicates high-waist Dad-jeans are the only way to go for AIWB, unless of course, you never sit down.  Zero belly fat here.  I won’t wear the Dad-jeans, so I wear it 3-4 o’clock.
I'll be a dad in 6 months so am not offended but are these dad jeans?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you've never done any training with your pistol drawing from appendix?  That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

At night I do the same thing.  Holster with pistol in it goes on night stand.  No kids in my house.  I'd rather not reach over half asleep and jam the trigger reaching for my gun if something goes bump in the night.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Move it over, not directly in the center
View Quote
I've found the only way I can appendix carry is right at exactly 12 o' clock. When I first started I kept trying to move it closer to 1 o'clock but invariably the holster would dig into my hip flexor.

With the right pants fit and holster ride height adjustment, it's only a discomfort when I carry my threaded barrel 17
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is why I prefer a pistol with a safety
View Quote
Or a hammer, or a SCD.

I have no problem holstering my g19 with my thumb blocking the striker from moving rearward.

Jm custom holsters are molded to engage the thumb safety if it's not on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've used an HBC Concealment Plus One-they have 18% off till 2/25 for President's Day.  First time I used it was for a vehicle class where we were in and out of a Dodge Neon a bunch and laying on the ground around it.  Worked great.  Going to order one for my G19 and TLR-7.

I currently wear a Vedder Light Tuck appendix and a seperate iwb mag pouch on other side of my belt buckle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:06:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ouch.

View Quote
One reason I like DA/SA pistols.
My thumb is on the hammer like you described when holstering.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Ok, @Bennjammin.  Time to put up or shut up. Tell thet class about your experience carrying and training with the SCD. Be specific.
@John_Wayne777
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1911 is almost tailor made for AIWB with the thumb and grip safety.  The Glock can be made quite safe via the SCD.

Ok, @Bennjammin.  Time to put up or shut up. Tell thet class about your experience carrying and training with the SCD. Be specific.
@John_Wayne777
Mine rusts less then the rest of the Glock while at sea for weeks on end.

My thumb covers the back of the slide anyways due to almost 20 years shooting hammer fired guns.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top