Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup.  It's a corrupt business culture, and they will treat you like shit unless you give them shit back.
View Quote

At our company, most of the indians that are here are good salt of the earth people.

The salaried technical people are super mercenary and will fuck you HARD to make themselves look good. Fortunately there aren’t enough of them to consolidate power but fucking hell…. They will screw you really bad just because they can.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Likely Plano & Frisco
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're taking over the city I live in, none of them can drive and they're rude as fuck. Next year we're selling and moving further north.

Irving?

Likely Plano & Frisco

Plano was my first thought as well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They just bought a local gas station that was always busy. Now it's dead. They raised the prices in the subway that was inside and fired all the staff that had worked there for years. I give it about a year before it closes down.  Sorry op
View Quote
Had the same happen in the little town I lived in .
The place became a disgusting shithole .

A Casey's opened up a year or so later across the street and absolutely crushed them
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are quote "restructuring" and "eliminated my job". No warning.

Took all my stuff and gave it to an Indian guy. The guy who notified me that my job was gone was also Indian.

You guys predicted it was going to happen after I burned an Indian consulting company a few weeks ago.

I freaking hate the IT sector.
View Quote

Sorry man, that sucks.

"Eliminated your job" by giving it to someone else? Name and shame, man. It won't help you, but at least it'll be public knowledge.

Good luck in your search. HPC seems like a booming area, especially if you can combine that with AI.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When I was let go in 2020, I got a severance package, and took a job making $20/hr fixing school chromebooks, printers, desktops, laptops, etc.  Was a fairly fun job.  Was there for 3 months when my contact at the place I'm at now (which the company I used to work for sold, and was bought by another company) let me know a position was posted.  I was planning on jumping ship anyway, the only downside to this is that I lost my 6 weeks of PTO, and I'm back down to 3 now.  But I make more money, can work from home half the time, and I'm more siloed, so I have less responsibility.  Plus, the people here really appreciate I came back.  

It'll work out, OP.  There's lots of greener grass on the other side of the indian landfill.
View Quote

I have been laid off I think 7 times at this point. Been doing this garbage over 20 years with the last 10 doing modeling and simulation. I have watched it turn from a job that Americans wanted to do to an Indian dominated sector. My office was probably 80% Indian.

Indian culture now dominates the IT space, they have completely taken it over top to bottom, left to right. People tell me that there kids want to do computers and I say this - if you are smart enough to do IT you are smart enough to do something else. Do you want to compete with these people in your own country for the rest of your life? NOPE.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sorry man, that sucks.

"Eliminated your job" by giving it to someone else? Name and shame, man. It won't help you, but at least it'll be public knowledge.

Good luck in your search. HPC seems like a booming area, especially if you can combine that with AI.
View Quote

You want the name of the company or the guy who did it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You want the name of the company or the guy who did it?
View Quote

Company. I wouldn't name the individual.

Also, I tell kids the same thing: look into being a pharmacist or something instead.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got laid this morning.  I think my morning was better than yours. Sorry OP. When one door closes another eventually opens.
View Quote

I read the title wrong myself came in here thinking op got laid and he was going to tell us how wonderful it was

well op got laid alright and with out any Vaseline ,fuck your company for doing that to you op hopefully you find something soon .
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#10]
What kind of HPC work OP?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#11]
File a discrimination lawsuit against them
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#12]
India's our greatest ally to counter China so it's ok to strategically have them take over IT and tech industry
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a friend who’s American born Desi, leading a Desi team, they all got replaced by Indians in India, the whole team.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What kind of HPC work OP?
View Quote

Grid engine with blade servers. We used to run Redhat as the OS.

For the computing engine itself we used NONMEM, SAS, etc...
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#15]
In before someone says pull your bootstraps harder and be more experienced and marketable than H1Bs they aren’t the problem you can only fix yourself.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In before someone says pull your bootstraps harder and be more experienced and marketable than H1Bs they aren’t the problem you can only fix yourself.
View Quote

LOL. Thanks for the levity.

Except for the fact that the guy they gave the job to does not know this stuff at all. You cant fix ethnic nepotism.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Now you know why GOP wants more H1B visas.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have been laid off I think 7 times at this point. Been doing this garbage over 20 years with the last 10 doing modeling and simulation. I have watched it turn from a job that Americans wanted to do to an Indian dominated sector. My office was probably 80% Indian.

Indian culture now dominates the IT space, they have completely taken it over top to bottom, left to right. People tell me that there kids want to do computers and I say this - if you are smart enough to do IT you are smart enough to do something else. Do you want to compete with these people in your own country for the rest of your life? NOPE.
View Quote

You have been laid off 7 times in 20 years? Time to pivot into something else.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The IT sector is baked. Where I was working was about 80% Indian.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know why everyone is so set on Mexicans crossing the border. They mow lawns and clean houses, not jobs you want to do. I've been saying the Indians will take the higher paying jobs, especially in IT...

The IT sector is baked. Where I was working was about 80% Indian.

Do you have the capability to get a clearance?  That requirement close a lot doors on non-English speaker.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Five-day weekend!
View Quote

Unemployment - the hours are great, it just doesn't pay well.  

OP - hang in there.  I'm sure you'll be better off a year from now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 3:59:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Also, I tell kids the same thing: look into being a pharmacist or something instead.
View Quote

Pharmacist jobs suck now as well.  LONG hours on your feet and the big chains will screw you in a heartbeat.  Huge turnover.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Do you have the capability to get a clearance?  That requirement close a lot doors on non-English speaker.
View Quote

Excellent advice.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

FPNI

I have a new boss - Indian
View Quote
Dust off that resume, or better yet, let AI craft you a new one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I would not worry too much. All those allergic to soap and water fuckwits can’t problem solve their collective way out of a paper bag.  They will all be replaced by AI writing scripts.  Make sure you have skills that are not replicated easily by AI or you will be in the same boat.

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't know why everyone is so set on Mexicans crossing the border. They mow lawns and clean houses, not jobs you want to do. I've been saying the Indians will take the higher paying jobs, especially in IT...
View Quote

I mow the lawn and clean the house and have no problem doing so.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry, dude.  IT kinda blows (some places more than others; it's actually less shitty in the public sector).  H1Bs are bullshit (not to say that the Indian guy was, necessarily, an H1B, but I'll play the odds on it).  There is no tech worker shortage, just a cheap tech worker shortage.  For morbid entertainment, sometimes I read IT wanted ads; "Wanted: Senior DBA, with expert knowledge of VMware, Windows, Linux, and 'full stack' development experience.  Salary range $45-55K."  There are a lot of ridiculously written descriptions.  Experience has taught me a lot of that is just for 'cover' so cheap foreigner can be hired as an indentured servant to do something reasonably resembling the job really needed.  On the plus side, there are thousands of IT openings all the time and they're not all like that, so you'll find something.  Keep your chin up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#27]
File for unemployment immediately .get that income rolling. Also they may have some state job listings . Go to USA jobs and upload a resume
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If an Indian is your boss you're gonna be replaced by an Indian.

View Quote

There's absolutely a lot of truth in that statement.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got laid this morning.  I think my morning was better than yours. Sorry OP. When one door closes another eventually opens.
View Quote

Sometimes the backdoor.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#30]
PERM Fake Job Ads defraud Americans to secure green cards fo
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#31]
H-1B workers are nothing more than corporate indentured servants in order to "Maximize Shareholder Value".

Little do the H-1B serfs realize is that AI will be coming along soon to replace them too.

Corporate America hates us all.

Good luck OP in you job search.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

FPNI

I have a new boss - Indian
View Quote
Dust off that resume, or better yet, let AI craft you a new one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about roofing in Texas in August?   lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Likely Plano & Frisco
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They're taking over the city I live in, none of them can drive and they're rude as fuck. Next year we're selling and moving further north.

Irving?

Likely Plano & Frisco

Plano, Frisco, Prosper, Celina, etc. All the way up the toll road. My neighbor is an elementary school teacher in Celina and she has 1 non indian kid in her class.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Irving?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Irving?

Frisco

Quoted:

Frisco?  

There are more Indians at the Costco at Eldorado and DNT than Mumbai.

Yes, Frisco. Been here for 13yrs and the last three I've been noticing more and more. They take over all the little shopping centers and restaurants.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Welcome to the club OP. Got my notice last Friday. Ironically it's likely because my Indian boss (actually he's first generation American) who was really a good supervisor and genuinely good guy is leaving, and they put some clueless woman in his place. There's more to it than that, but no sense in trampling your thread. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#37]
We had a gunsmith who was a very good programmer.  He told me when he reached middle aged, it became more difficult to stay in IT b/c the employer wanted fresh, younger look and middle class w/receding hairline ain't it.  He took up gunsmithing until he found it too unprofitable.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:10:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Our corporate HQ engineers saw the writing on the walls and started retiring. All of our engineering was outsourced to India and things went to shit. Assembly drawings were cut and pasted from other drawings, often showing components that weren't actually part of the assembly.

I finally had enough and retired. Who was my replacement?

An Indian guy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:14:50 PM EDT
[#39]
OP, congratulations on no longer killing yourself for a company that doesn’t give a flying f*** about you or about building something useful and successful. It hurts to have the bandaid ripped off but, not to sound cliched, you’ve just been handed a great opportunity.

After my employer was acquired and the new bosses wanted to fire me for not providing my vaccination status, I left after 12 years. Found an AWESOME employer in a completely different field who rolled the dice on me. Despite my complete lack of industry experience, I demonstrated my competency and they thought, “maybe we can teach him.” I started at a low wage but learned the field. In just under 2 years they increased my salary 25%. I’m happy as a pig in shit, making much more money than before, and making the organization better. I love these people.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:15:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Frisco?  

There are more Indians at the Costco at Eldorado and DNT than Mumbai.
View Quote

We’re neighbors. I’m literally a city over.

But yea.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I really don't understand why companies still do that. Every time I've seen it, it's been a disaster. Replace 1 American engineer with 20 Indian engineers at a fraction of the salary total, except their output is so mediocre it has to be rewritten by American engineers later anyways. And when they do that with IT instead of product engineering, their incompetence (or laziness and apathy, I'm really not sure which) results in tons of stateside employees being unable to work for days at a time. The only metric where you "save" money is on salary. Once you factor in everything else, it's a disaster.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saw shitloads of them in the Dallas/Ft Worth area when I was there a few yrs ago. Shit loads.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Rampant in academia.  An Indian professor will almost always have Indian grad students and only Indian grad students.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rampant in academia.  An Indian professor will almost always have Indian grad students and only Indian grad students.

What happens when we get an Indian President? Just wondering.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry to hear that  OP
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Deport all non US citizen Indians
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They are quote "restructuring" and "eliminated my job". No warning.

Took all my stuff and gave it to an Indian guy. The guy who notified me that my job was gone was also Indian.

You guys predicted it was going to happen after I burned an Indian consulting company a few weeks ago.

I freaking hate the IT sector.
View Quote

Thats to be expected as soon as an indian took over.  His country men world for less and will grovel and work till they are told to stop but you have to worry about the quality of the work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Been laid off 2x. It helped me make some major decisions/life changes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Any cyber security certs? Or interest in getting them?

A good IT person is a gem in cyber. Lots of companies are based in TX offering US wide service.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

A few weeks ago they wanted to have a chat about outsourcing a very specialized application to this Indian company. I was like no and than showed everyone that they sucked.

My friend said the Indian above you was probably getting a kickback from them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How did you burn an Indian consulting company?

A few weeks ago they wanted to have a chat about outsourcing a very specialized application to this Indian company. I was like no and than showed everyone that they sucked.

My friend said the Indian above you was probably getting a kickback from them.

Get hired back in about a year when the outsourcing company completely shits the bed?  Not that I would know anything about such a thing...  Funny how it's only "mentoring" when they act racist as fuck.

Sorry to hear about you getting whacked though.  LinkedIn?  Other contacts?
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#50]
If your job can be done remotely then it can be outsourced to a 3rd world country.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top