Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:03:53 AM EST
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
meh, I'm old fashioned. I like to shuffle through the line and make small talk with the cashiers, and say "oooof" when they tell me the total.
View Quote
Don't forget to ask if they're "workin hard, or hardly workin?"
fnh
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:08:30 AM EST
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't need to see a racial breakdown of the shoplifters
View Quote

Considering most Wegmans are in higher income white suburbs you might be surprised.

About a month or 2 ago they started randomly scanning a couple items before you could finish paying, to insure you had scanned the items. Figured it was due to losses. Scan app was nice but self checkout isn't that much slower.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:12:08 AM EST
[#3]
The mobile scan-as-you-go and checkout on your phone app at Sam's Club is the main thing they have that I think Costco needs.  Of course they have receipt checking at the door, so it's a lot more feasible there than a general supermarket.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:12:23 AM EST
[#4]
Quoted:
meh, I'm old fashioned. I like to shuffle through the line and make small talk with the cashiers, and say "oooof" when they tell me the total.
View Quote

Back when I was your age, gas was less than a dollar a gallon and everyone didn’t hate America.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:21:53 AM EST
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You may as well wish for perpetual motion, or gold spun from straw, or any one of a multitude of impossible things. Will will never rid ourselves of the joys of diversity.
View Quote
Runcible and I apparently have the same black pill prescriptions.
View Quote
You literally cannot fight crime in modern America anymore. It's simply too disproportionately committed by protected groups.
Why do you think liberals are so enamored with gun control - the vast majority of law-abiding gun owners are white. It's okay to target them.

Imagine walking around with a sharp rock in your shoe.
Now, imagine that you are free to do anything you want to relieve the pain... except remove the rock from your shoe.
It's like we're living in "Catch-22." We can do whatever we want to combat crime, as long as it's ineffective.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:27:07 AM EST
[#6]
Quoted:
Boy if Wegmans couldn't do this Wal Mart is really going to get taken to the cleaners
View Quote
I can't imagine it lasting. It's literally begging for abuse.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:28:45 AM EST
[#7]
Quoted:
You literally cannot fight crime in modern America anymore. It's simply too disproportionately committed by protected groups.
Why do you think liberals are so enamored with gun control - the vast majority of law-abiding gun owners are white. It's okay to target them.

Imagine walking around with a sharp rock in your shoe.
Now, imagine that you are free to do anything you want to relieve the pain... except remove the rock from your shoe.
It's like we're living in "Catch-22." We can do whatever we want to combat crime, as long as it's ineffective.
View Quote

And you can never ever say that the pain is caused by the rock in your shoe. Anything but that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:41:54 AM EST
[#8]
Quoted:
You want to put up with that? I don't. Stores checking receipts at the door is as common as bulletproof glass in lists of "Things That Tell You You're In The Ghetto."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They can’t have someone at the door checking receipts like Sam’s does?
You want to put up with that? I don't. Stores checking receipts at the door is as common as bulletproof glass in lists of "Things That Tell You You're In The Ghetto."

Not at Costco. Maybe at Sam's.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:50:00 AM EST
[#9]
Quoted:
Its all so tiresome...
View Quote

Is this your "schtick?"
Do you ever reply to GD threads any other way?
It's, not its.  You're using it as a contraction, so it needs the apostrophe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:56:09 AM EST
[#10]
Quoted:
My friend of over 35 years, when we went into Walmart, he went through the self checkout and he only scans every other item!!!! I didn't notice it, and he did this a couple times while i was visiting, and one night his wife came with us, and she told me as we were walking up that he always does this...I was shocked these are two people I thought i knew, were proud to be shoplifters, and was getting me involved after the fact without my knowledge....Well, I haven't spoke to him in 6 months and am no longer friends with him and his shoplifter family...

Sad, but I guess you never really know people... Oh and both ex-buddy and wife both white...
View Quote

My local Wegmans always has an employee in the self checkout area, whose only job responsibilities appear to be smiling and watching people like a hawk.

I figured all locations did this, but I guess not.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:02:30 PM EST
[#11]
why would you want a racial break down of the shoplifters?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:05:37 PM EST
[#12]
Just using their employee discount?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:06:23 PM EST
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I hate going through checkout twice. Costco included.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:06:30 PM EST
[#14]
Quoted:
I used to live in a very affluent mountain town in CO.
There werent many 13%ers.  
Our walmart removed all the self checkouts due to theft.
I can only guess who was stealing.
View Quote

What is a thirteen percenter?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:07:47 PM EST
[#15]
Quoted:
I love when the little old lady in front of me pulls out that wad of coupons, looks like a paperback copy of "Gone With The Wind."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then take 5 minutes to pull out your checkbook and write a check?  Then another 2 minutes to put said checkbook away and clear the line?

heheh.

I'm not that bad, but I will use coupons.
I love when the little old lady in front of me pulls out that wad of coupons, looks like a paperback copy of "Gone With The Wind."

Tell us how you feel when she pulls out her coin pouch and starts counting loose change.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:10:05 PM EST
[#16]
Quoted:

Tell us how you feel when she pulls out her coin pouch and starts counting loose change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then take 5 minutes to pull out your checkbook and write a check?  Then another 2 minutes to put said checkbook away and clear the line?

heheh.

I'm not that bad, but I will use coupons.

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:11:07 PM EST
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:15:43 PM EST
[#18]
Imagine what it's like at Walmart!  I saw this one woman scan her shit then conveniently forget the stuff on the bottom of her cart.  When they stopped her at the door she was all, "Oh, I forgot about that!"  I've also seen people scan one thing and put two in their cart.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:21:21 PM EST
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have a rather large population that takes perverse pleasure in avoiding such people and denying them opportunity to do their jobs.

For example:
Quoted:
And it’s funny when the old lady receipt checkers glitch out when they try and stop me to grab my receipt, and I just hold up my phone and keep walking.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:31:33 PM EST
[#20]
Not sure how this works, if I put something in the bag without scanning it I get an error message.
Also camera above the scanner records every swipe.
Unless people are not taking items out of the cart the system seems pretty robust.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:39:02 PM EST
[#21]
Quoted:
Not sure how this works, if I put something in the bag without scanning it I get an error message.
Unless people are not taking items out of the cart the system seems pretty robust.
View Quote

Walmart has a gun so you can scan stuff in your cart without taking them out.  Sam's Club has the same deal but when you leave, the receipt checker also has a gun and I think he scans your receipt then scans your cart.  Or vice versa, not sure how that works.  Walmart doesn't do that, though.

Wegmans you have to take everything out and scan it, a major pain if you ask me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:39:11 PM EST
[#22]
Quoted:
You could ban black people from Wal mart and the courts would still be full of shoplifters lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Runcible and I apparently have the same black pill prescriptions.
You could ban black people from Wal mart and the courts would still be full of shoplifters lol

Yeah, because they would be in court suing Walmart for being banned
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:40:04 PM EST
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:41:36 PM EST
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are they talking about scanning with your phone, after downloading the app, and you pay as you shop?

Sam's has this.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:42:14 PM EST
[#25]
Quoted:

I remember seeing people's bad checks tacked up next to the register.
public shaming needs to make a comeback.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excluding people from public shops for poor behavior needs to make a comeback. Lifetime bans followed up with criminal trespass charges. If certain people end up having to move towns in order to buy groceries so be it. Either that or Costco type arrangements with something like a $2500 annual membership with $2400 of it refundable if you don't shoplift or behave badly.

I remember seeing people's bad checks tacked up next to the register.
public shaming needs to make a comeback.

Ha that was pretty effective back in the day.   I’d get gas at the Edwardsville Citgo and under the plexiglas counter top was 6-12 bad checks on display.  It’d only get removed when made good or finally given to the troopers or sheriffs to prosecute.   I’d see some of the names and they were of course no surprise as to who is kiting checks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:47:11 PM EST
[#26]
Quoted:

There are more white convicted criminals in the US than any other ethnic group.
View Quote

Look at percentages to get an accurate view of the situation.  That way you avoid racism.

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:48:30 PM EST
[#27]
Quoted:

You definitely aren't wrong with the excluding problem people but I question whether they know who all the problem people are to ban.

Huge yearly fees even with a refund are not workable I wouldn't shop there with that kind of deposit even if I had faith they'd give it back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its all so tiresome...

Excluding people from public shops for poor behavior needs to make a comeback. Lifetime bans followed up with criminal trespass charges. If certain people end up having to move towns in order to buy groceries so be it. Either that or Costco type arrangements with something like a $2500 annual membership with $2400 of it refundable if you don't shoplift or behave badly.

You definitely aren't wrong with the excluding problem people but I question whether they know who all the problem people are to ban.

Huge yearly fees even with a refund are not workable I wouldn't shop there with that kind of deposit even if I had faith they'd give it back.

Yep only to down the road have the do some social do gooding and let the criminal thieving element in anyhow.   I was in a state employees credit union back in the day.  Paid decent interest on deposits and CDs, lowest rate car loans that you could get based on having halfway decent credit.  Then they got downtown democrat pressure to serve the permanent welfare class of clients.  Suddenly they were losing money and all the good better than competitive rates disappeared.  (Not long after rates dropped anyhow nationwide)

God forbid you have a service for reliable customers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:48:55 PM EST
[#28]
Quoted:

That would be racist.
View Quote

Are you being silly or foolish?

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:53:44 PM EST
[#29]
Quoted:

Is this your "schtick?"
Do you ever reply to GD threads any other way?
It's, not its.  You're using it as a contraction, so it needs the apostrophe.
View Quote

Thank You, Sir

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 12:55:41 PM EST
[#30]
Who the hell is Wegmans?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:03:52 PM EST
[#31]
Quoted:
Who the hell is Wegmans?
View Quote

Regional supermarket. Pretty nice, with cafes, salad bar, and hot food served as well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:11:55 PM EST
[#32]
Quoted:
Who the hell is Wegmans?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 2:21:33 PM EST
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

the feature they're taking away has you scan stuff with our phone as you're shopping and bag it. Then you go to one of the designated self checkout registers, scan the code on your phone and it has you pay for everything.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 2:59:54 PM EST
[#34]
Quoted:

Look at percentages to get an accurate view of the situation.  That way you avoid racism.

View Quote

Given random distribution if you are the victim of a crime in the US the perpetrator is white the majority of the time but a random black guy is more likely to be a convicted criminal than any other random male.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:17:15 PM EST
[#35]
I am surprised they haven't begun placing RFID into every product yet. Where you "login" to the cart with your membership card. Then fill up the cart and walk out. Everything in the cart is charged to your account.  Carts that don't clear payment or not logged in will have wheels seized up and an employee come and check on you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 3:28:27 PM EST
[#36]
Quoted:

There are more white convicted criminals in the US than any other ethnic group.
View Quote

White privilege is a thing.

Don’t tell anyone.

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 5:22:24 PM EST
[#37]
Quoted:

We have a rather large population that takes perverse pleasure in avoiding such people and denying them opportunity to do their jobs.

For example:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For example:
Quoted:
And it’s funny when the old lady receipt checkers glitch out when they try and stop me to grab my receipt, and I just hold up my phone and keep walking.

Lol, that’s a rather big jump you made from me saying I think it’s strange when the angry WM receipt checker doesn’t understand their own store now allows people to use an app and not get paper receipts, to me taking some “perverse pleasure” in denying people the opportunity to do their jobs.  

Why would I use an app like scan-and-go only to then wait in line at the exit and have someone hand check every item in my cart?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 5:32:47 PM EST
[#38]
Quoted:

Weird.  To me, it sounds like the FSA finally fixed something for a change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Frei Scheisse Armee ruins it for everyone.

Weird.  To me, it sounds like the FSA finally fixed something for a change.

DOJ-CRS will have a final say.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 5:36:49 PM EST
[#39]
Wonder how many of the complainers did anything to stop the shoplifting that caused the end of the program
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 6:25:23 PM EST
[#40]
Quoted:
Impossible in modern America.

You may as well wish for perpetual motion, or gold spun from straw, or any one of a multitude of impossible things. Will will never rid ourselves of the joys of diversity.
View Quote

I trespass both customers abusive to employees and shoplifters.  Our store is rural, our community is white, and we don't have a lot of problems to start with.  If a person chooses to make a problem, they are told to leave, and they are told they are trespassed from the store.

Only one has ever returned, and she chose to leave once confronted before law enforcement became involved.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 6:53:37 PM EST
[#41]
All many or most of the people complaining in the OP's linked article are the thieves that are now going to be SOL and are trying to keep their grift alive.

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:05:05 PM EST
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All while waiting for the cashier to say the total before the check writing even starts?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:10:18 PM EST
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, white people use their 2% back credit card.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:13:59 PM EST
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love the Sam’s app.  Scan barcode with my phone as I put it in the cart, swipe when I’m done shopping, lady at the door scans the QR code on my phone plus any 3 items in my cart, and away I go.  Quick, easy, efficient.  

Oh, and no ghettos within 120 miles of me.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:16:32 PM EST
[#45]
That's because Whites are the majority in the U.S.A.

multi quote didn't work, the post I wanted to quote was" Whites are the majority criminals."  Now that I think about it, I don't think that we are the majority in prisons.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:21:59 PM EST
[#46]
Quoted:
That's because Whites are the majority in the U.S.A.
View Quote

Now let’s talk about percentages of prison population by race.  

ETA.  Or maybe a pictogram… kind of dated, but still representative of current rates.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:27:30 PM EST
[#47]
Here at Kroger, they have those carts with a scale built in, and a tablet and scanner. You’re supposed to scan and bag your groceries as you shop. The presumption of anyone using those is that you paid for your groceries because there’s a card reader on there.

So many people use these carts now, fill them up, and just walk out the door. It’s racist to ask if you’ve paid for what’s in the cart. We see so many carts in the cart corral where the screen says, you’ve removed 14 items from your cart ??
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:52:22 PM EST
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:13:40 PM EST
[#49]
Quoted:
Just close shops and turn the place into a food desert. They can eat each other.

I wouldn’t open any business in those areas.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:37:30 PM EST
[#50]
Quoted:
Who the hell is Wegmans?
View Quote

Mostly east coast store that rocks. Beats the hell out of Kroger.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top