Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/23/2021 7:51:53 AM EDT
My company announced the mandate since we build military and commercial aircraft flight system.

Effecting over 12-15k US employees in our company. 600 of us got together and raised 30k dollars to retain the same lawyer who beat Cuomo and his mandates 4 times here in NY.

We’re also walking out on Monday along with 4 other local (global) aerospace companies.

It’s time we the people show them their paycheck depend on us working.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Right on! I hope you stick it up their ass. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:59:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck! I wish you success but am skeptical it will happen.
The Federal Government didn't mandate anything for you.
It's your company that should be suing them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t know the specifics of who’s being dictectly sued but the government did mandate this for federal contractors. This isn’t the 100 employee osha nonsense.

I do know they’re suing on 2 fronts as employees and as shareholders in the form of a derivative suit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Almost this. The Potato's EO is not clearly legal. He can certainly dictate what is required to enter a government installation but otherwise, he really doesn't have the authority to dictate what happens in private businesses, even when they have government contracts.

It might be wise to hold out for the OSHA rules and attack both the EO and OSHA. It would be bad to fight one front and win only to find that you are still bound by the other.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Almost this. The Potato's EO is not clearly legal. He can certainly dictate what is required to enter a government installation but otherwise, he really doesn't have the authority to dictate what happens in private businesses, even when they have government contracts.

It might be wise to hold out for the OSHA rules and attack both the EO and OSHA. It would be bad to fight one front and win only to find that you are still bound by the other.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well we’re being fired December 8th so time isn’t on our side.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Fight.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Excellent news!

Keep fighting.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Hope you win. They are obviously violating the constitution and far overstepping their bounds. They don't even have a fact based reasonable position for doing so.

They just keep parroting the same lies that are growing more apparent day by day.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Hold the line
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Give em Hell!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Fighting is all we have left at this point... Give em hell!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Wouldn't walking out of job constitute abandonment?  

Glad your fighting, but I'd be careful that you aren't jeopardizing your job otherways
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#13]
More people need to be like OP and his associates
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Glad your fighting, but I'd be careful that you aren't jeopardizing your job otherways
View Quote

I don’t care. It’s fucking war they want, it’s war they’re getting. This is my hill and I’ll burn everything I’ve built to the fucking ground before I bow a knee to any man. Period.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fight.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Respectfully, sir, take your job and shove it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I don’t care. It’s fucking war they want, it’s war they’re getting. This is my hill and I’ll burn everything I’ve built to the fucking ground before I bow a knee to any man. Period.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes!! Thank you for standing up against this tyranny.

I'm waiting for my religious exemption to be reviewed (and likely denied). Will not comply
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Thats great OP... its going to take this to push it back!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My company announced the mandate since we build military and commercial aircraft flight system.

Effecting over 12-15k US employees in our company. 600 of us got together and raised 30k dollars to retain the same lawyer who beat Cuomo and his mandates 4 times here in NY.

We’re also walking out on Monday along with 4 other local (global) aerospace companies.

View Quote

Is your workplace a federal contractor? Or do you just have federal contracts that are worked on? Out of curiosity.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I am on board with this
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Is your workplace a federal contractor? Or do you just have federal contracts that are worked on? Out of curiosity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Federal contractors. We build everything from flight controls for f35s blackhawks V22 f15 legacy programs etc. and commercial side Boeing airbus etc. then our space program supply nasa and defense materials for all other branch’s.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:28:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Awesome, hold the line

In before ARFCOM GMO's explain at great length how he's going to lose and how much that pleases them?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Good job, OP!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:30:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Let's go Brandon!

Prayers for your fight ahead.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Give them 9 kinds of hell brother!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Good Luck and keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope you win!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes!! Thank you for standing up against this tyranny.

I'm waiting for my religious exemption to be reviewed (and likely denied). Will not comply
View Quote

Have any of them been approved, at all, servicewide? We have a new SFC that is cooling his heels in a 30 level position because the CSM won't put him in a 40 lvl position until his exemption is resolved.

For the OP, I hope it work out for you...I really do...but I foresee a lot of job openings coming up in the near future at your company.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Good luck getting a judge with common sense and possesses the real definition of justice.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm certainly not pleased to see anyone lose their jobs or anything else.

A long time ago I was a young Sailor just out of Training. One of my buddies was really cool and smart.
Great guy to hang out with. He knew he was smarter than that stupid asshole Chief we worked for.
He was determined to show that Chief who was smartest!  I watched as the Chief slowly started to break him.
One Captains Mast at a time.

Started out as an E-4 and in short order ended up as an E-1 confined to quarters, doing extra duty every night and receiving half pay for an E1.
I on the other hand kept my mouth shut and did what I was told. Maybe I was a quisling?  Or maybe my buddy was just stupid for fighting a battle
he could not win.

Quoted:
Awesome, hold the line

In before ARFCOM GMO's explain at great length how he's going to lose and how much that pleases them?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Good for you. How can I contribute?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Awesome. Best of luck. Prayers for your success.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Stand firm OP. We need more of these to happen and go to court now.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good for you. How can I contribute?
View Quote

We have a donation link but I think I need approval to post it?

@Striker what do you need from me?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

But no one knows when the OSHA rule is going to be published....if ever,  and the clock IS ticking on the EO's and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Threads like these make me happy
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A long time ago I was a young Sailor just out of Training. One of my buddies was really cool and smart.
Great guy to hang out with. He knew he was smarter than that stupid asshole Chief we worked for.
He was determined to show that Chief who was smartest!  I watched as the Chief slowly started to break him.

Started out as an E-4 and in short order ended up as an E-1 confined to quarters, doing extra duty every night and receiving half pay for an E1.
I on the other hand kept my mouth shut and did what I was told. Maybe I was a quisling?  Or maybe my buddy was just stupid for fighting a battle
he could not win.

View Quote

A key aspect of being a working professional is learning to navigate through the inevitable bullshit.

Surrendering your morals is quite a different thing and anathema to being a professional.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#42]
600 out of how many employees? Is it enough for the company to feel the pain?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
600 out of how many employees? Is it enough for the company to feel the pain?
View Quote

Currently 600 out of 3500 in one plant. High level managers, production, and engineering. It will hurt. They’re behind millions as it is.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#44]
A large group in my company have collectively retained Robert Barnes.

It's important that if they have an exemption process, that you use it.  

And a religious exemption is the most precarious for an employer to handle. It has the most "do's and don'ts" from their perspective.

It's the level of talent that these companies will lose much more than the numbers.  It's not the janitors that are opposed to this. It's the most highly educated, the product "plank owners," and the top producers.

If companies really fire people, this will be the biggest corporate backfire since ever.

Diversity is great and all, but nobody pays this much for a diversity quality product.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

??
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Hold the line
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2021 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thank you sir. If more men still had balls this would have never made it this far.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 11:31:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Federal contractors. We build everything from flight controls for f35s blackhawks V22 f15 legacy programs etc. and commercial side Boeing airbus etc. then our space program supply nasa and defense materials for all other branch’s.
View Quote

Gotcha, good luck to you sir and hold steady!

Reason i asked is because some workplaces that i thought would require it have not. Not quite sure the reasoning besides bending the knee.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

God bless you!  That's friggin awesome!  
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A key aspect of being a working professional is learning to navigate through the inevitable bullshit.

Surrendering your morals is quite a different thing and anathema to being a professional.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he could not win.

Presenting the mark in order to buy or sell might remove your name from the book of life. Why risk it?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top