Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2021 8:28:05 AM EDT
After our other one was totalled we had to purchase the first one that was available and it has nothing.  The wife is too short to climb up all the time wants something to make entry easier.  

We hated the factory boards anyway, they were poorly designed and you could barely get a foot onto them.

Best options?

This is a Limited grocery getter.  It will not see any off road use.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
My GF's Land Cruiser is getting Slee SliderSteps.

If you are looking for something with a wider tread, and you don't care about armor, I would look hard at the power steps. Superduties are coming with them as a factory option now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
C4Fabrication

just saw it is a Limited. Probably not what you want.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking about getting a pair of these.  Solid one-piece aluminum and 6" total width

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TFSC7P8/
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Don’t get steps

Just get rock sliders
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:33:05 AM EDT
[#6]
White knuckle are awesome, but certainly overkill for your application. That said, my prevented ANY damage when I got T Boned, so money well spent.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#7]
This is a Limited and the rocker panels are different.  The OEM steps on the wrecked one were pretty short and not that useful, plus they got slick when wet
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don’t get steps

Just get rock sliders
View Quote

Why? He said it never goes off road.

More money + more weight
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#9]
https://www.amp-research.com/powerstep-running-board/

Get the Amp Research Powerstep. They are retractable, they look clean and provide the nicest step when getting into or out of the vehicle. They move up out of the way when driving or parked.

They don't list the 2021 model but I am sure it is the same as a 2020.

I had a 2019 4runner and I put rock sliders on it. If you don't plan on offroading, they make horrible running boards.

Actually useful as a step, you might have issues with the extra trim that the limited has.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#10]
get rock sliders with some grip tape on them. Sure they are more money but they prevent a shit ton of parking lot dings and can provide extra protection if it gets hit
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:47:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Amp research power board
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:59:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Amp research power board
View Quote

THESE DO NOT FIT THE LIMITED!

Why does everyone keep referring to them?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don’t get steps

Just get rock sliders
View Quote

This. Even if you don't go off road they offer protection from landscaping and people slinging their doors open into your vehicle.

I'd like to get the power folding steps, seems like all the SuperDuty's have them, they look cool, don't want to spend the money. Amp Research makes good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Realistically, you’re going to want a basic running board/step.  They’re lower, designed for that purpose, and cheaper than a slider.  But I’m a little unfamiliar with those offerings.

I have RSG sliders on mine and they’re awesome, but as a step, they’re sub-par (and likely would be for your application as well).

The Victory 4x4 sliders seem to be a really clean design that can work a bit better as a step.  The have integrated puddle lights too.

https://www.victory4x4.com/product/V4RSL-BL.html
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Expensive, but made for the limiteds. I almost put a set on mine, but didn't.

Here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Demello hybrid sliders

They’re rock rails, but you can use them as steps.

Direct bolt on.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#17]
If you are near northern Ohio I have a set of the nice OEM STEPS. These are the good ones that you can actually use.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you are near northern Ohio I have a set of the nice OEM STEPS. These are the good ones that you can actually use.
View Quote

We have those on our wrecked Limited.  They need to stick out 2 more inches to be useful
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#19]
bump for the night crew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top