Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/25/2021 11:59:46 PM EDT
IMI 5.56 at midway $.79 cpr

Add in tax and shipping and you’re around $.86 cpr, but it’s been available all day, and no one is buying.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Add in tax and shipping and you’re around $.86 cpr, but it’s been available all day, and no one is buying.
View Quote

You have no idea what you are saying.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#2]
They might be willing to buy a few boxes here and there, but not want to shell out $950 for 1200 rounds all at once. I'm sure it'll be gone in a few more days anyway.

I felt bad paying $600 for one of those cases last Fall.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Ammo hasn't reached its peak.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:03:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I am at $.67 and no takers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't bought in about 3 years, and I sha'n't be buying anymore.

wish i had more, but I'll take my chances.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:04:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Look at ammo seek and what stands out is not the price that is high but the results that used to show 12 pages of places to buy show 2 pages or less total.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#8]
OOS
Just kidding.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to balk at $300 for 1k rounds of wolf gold. R.I.P.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#10]
2021 is sold out
Billions $ backorders
No real primer supply until maybe 2023
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Country for Old Men- "You dont know what your talking about do you?''
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#12]
FPNI

the ammo shortage is just getting started

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#13]
FPNI

Just because a large online retailer has it? Go to the largest LGS in your city and ask when the last time they got a large shipment of 5.56 was.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:08:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I guess I'm in the minority here, but for the time being  I agree. Ammo isn't quite as scarce as it was a month or two ago. Two months ago you also couldn't walk into a store  and see any 9mm pistols or ARs...now they are plentiful around here. Will it get worse? Idk. But for now it leveled out for sure imo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:08:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Just wait'll Joey signs an XO to tax all ammunition
...and sends out some more Cruna Bux
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#16]
pPicked up some 77 gr Razocore from Midway a couple weeks ago.

Figured if I'm going in on a dollar+ a round Ill get the good shit.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#17]
There isn’t shit around here and I live in one of, if not the most insulated region in CONUS.

LGS handed out 100rds 5.56 last Fri for $57- all gone now. Anybody that thinks demand has been satiated is a dope.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#18]
You know guys, if you dollar cost average your ammo, it makes it not seem so prison-rape level expensive.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:14:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Most likely not buying any any ammo this year - more than enough on stock.
I hit the range every weekend but I have many other guns and calibers that I enjoy more than the AR.
Hitting steel with misurp and ironsights is much more fun than with an AR with  Eotech

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I hope your right (even if just for awhile) but I'm not counting on it. If demand goes down maybe we will see what the new normal for pricing will be post panic buying.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#21]
From your lips to God's ears.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:20:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They might be willing to buy a few boxes here and there, but not want to shell out $950 for 1200 rounds all at once. I'm sure it'll be gone in a few more days anyway.

I felt bad paying $600 for one of those cases last Fall.
View Quote

I think the bottom for that was $318 that I paid.  I also panic-bought my last 2 cases of IMI M855 for $345/1200 when Obama tried to ban it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
FPNI

Just because a large online retailer has it? Go to the largest LGS in your city and ask when the last time they got a large shipment of 5.56 was.
View Quote

Shop in my area got 20,000 rounds in last week. $1.25 a round and people are buying the hell out of it. He's selling all the 9mm he can get at 90 cents a round too.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Prices and availability haven't really changed, but the demand has definitely dropped. I work part-time at the LGS, a  few weeks ago we had a couple K 9mm 124gr ball for .64cpr on the floor, and it lasted for about 3 weeks.

For reference we sold a good year's worth of guns alone by July. 100k a day was just a regular 2020 Tuesday. We are not a big box store nor are we a small unknown mom and pop store.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:25:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, but now it looks like match ammo is even out of stock. Nothing 75-77gr on Ammoseek.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:26:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I agree that ammo is at its peak, barring something else major happening, like banning imports or a civil war or something.

The last few weeks I've been to gun shows every weekend and ammo is everywhere at high prices.  It moves a little but not much.  That is not sustainable.  

Once the supply starts building inventories competition for more market share will set in.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
the reason prices are still high is everyone who didn’t pre-load their ammo supply is definitely still buying. At idiotic prices. If they were to stop, the market would correct itself.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I agree that ammo is at its peak, barring something else major happening, like banning imports or a civil war or something.

The last few weeks I've been to gun shows every weekend and ammo is everywhere at high prices.  It moves a little but not much.  That is not sustainable.  

Once the supply starts building inventories competition for more market share will set in.
View Quote

Gonna be a lot of fat dudes turned into buzzard food in their former ammo forts if a civil war pops off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:31:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#30]
The average American cant afford a $500 emergency. Definitely cant pay 2-3x that for ammo. The shortage will go beyond 2021 very easily
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:35:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The average American cant afford a $500 emergency. Definitely cant pay 2-3x that for ammo. The shortage will go beyond 2021 very easily
View Quote

This
Plus
Everyone already blew their chinoravirus check load
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:36:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That Remington video the other day said they made more ammo in 2020 than in the combined 99 years of the company.

I wonder how much total ammo was sold on the civilian market in 2020.

4 or 5 billion rounds?
View Quote
And they are continuing to do so.

Supply is going to eventually catch up.   Provided .gov doesn't do something to fuck it all up.

The amount of ammo being made right now is unbelievable and it is going into stockpiles, much to resell.  Eventually that demand will lesson just a little and the damn will break to continue moving product.

I want everyone to remember when oil was reaching $150 a barrel and I talked about a gold rush was happening to find new oil and that supply would cause the price to come down.   We are in the gold rush times right now.

Go to a gun show.  You will see more ammo tables than gun tables.  You will also see old ass boxes that have been dug out of closets.   Go to the door and see how much ammo is actually walking out.  Some, but tables aren't being picked clean.

Academy and Walmart are, because they are selling below market at .30 a round.   But .80 9mm and $1 .223 are not selling out.  The true market price is between those numbers.

Ammo makers are adding to that supply as we speak.  Inventories will build.  Nobody likes having huge inventories.  The will eventually price them to move.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#33]
LGS here is selling M855 for $1.20 a round and selling it left and right.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:44:09 AM EDT
[#34]
All I want is .22LR, but neckbeard boomers have fucked that up.... again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:44:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I dunno, I'm inclined to side with OP on this.

I'm seeing the prices stabilize on the local gun/ammo selling sites. Listings for 5.56 for $1/round aren't getting marked as sold. 9MM is selling around $.60-$.70 per round.

Primers seemed to have peaked around $150-$175 per 1K on SRP and SPP. Large Pistol, rifle and magnums are around $100 per 1K.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah i should of got 200rds of that stuff. i didnt want to pay for that stuff really. but i bought FGMM 223 77s this summer at $19.99 for 20rds, and ruag ammotec 223 77s for $18.99 for 20rds
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Always good to have supplies and a backup plan...
If they really ban online sales of ammunition I'll bite the apple and register as FFL....
I'm still beating myslef up that I didn't do this prior to this shit storm - certainly could have made a ton of money with that.
Simply didn't had the time to do it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:46:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That Remington video the other day said they made more ammo in 2020 than in the combined 99 years of the company.

4 or 5 billion rounds?
View Quote

Anybody have a link to this vid?

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#40]
I thought the same thing a few weeks ago at 67 cpr.  Then it sold out in 3 hours.
Last week I bought at 75 cpr, figuring it will never go down.  it lasted one day.
Now it's 79 cpr
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:50:41 AM EDT
[#42]
https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2021/01/05/2153664/0/en/AMMO-Inc-Announces-Plans-to-Construct-a-12-Million-Plant-Tripling-its-Manufacturing-Footprint-in-Wisconsin.html

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Jan. 05, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMMO, Inc. (Nasdaq: POWW ) ("AMMO" or the "Company"), a premier American ammunition and munition components manufacturer and technology leader, has entered into a term sheet with the City of Manitowoc, Wisconsin to acquire in excess of 35 acres in the Manitowoc Industrial Park ("MIP") for the purpose of constructing an expanded loaded ammunition and brass casing manufacturing plant.
In conjunction with its Payson, Arizona based ammunition loading operation, the Company currently operates in Wisconsin in an approximate 50,000 sq. ft. leased facility situated in the MIP where its JMC brass manufacturing business, military-grade ammunition development and supporting loading operations reside. Following the City Council's unanimous approval at last evening's meeting, AMMO will now work with Mayor Justin Nickels and his team to prepare the definitive Development Agreement to consummate the transaction which is founded upon seven figures in incentives tied to substantial job growth and development of the world-class plant. AMMO's current plans call for constructing a best-in-class $12 million (est.), 160,000 sq. ft. facility on the site to be fully operational in the Summer of 2022. AMMO's newly minted cutting-edge facility will support the Company's plan to exponentially expand its manufacturing base of operations in the heart of the US, ensuring it is best positioned from a facilities and location perspective to serve the entire US and its overseas customer base. AMMO anticipates opening the new plant with approximately 150 employees, expecting to increase its workforce over the following 18-24 months and beyond.

"This new state-of-the-art plant will strengthen AMMO's laser focus on designing and manufacturing premium products for the commercial, military, law enforcement and overseas markets," said Fred Wagenhals, AMMO's Chairman and CEO. Mr. Wagenhals also noted that "Mayor Justin Nickels, his staff and the entire Council have demonstrated a can-do approach to supporting business and manufacturing growth in their community, providing a platform for AMMO to be a significant employer in the area, poised for continued growth in the months and years to come."

"We are excited AMMO has selected Manitowoc to expand its manufacturing operations, bringing excellent paying jobs that will make a difference in our community." "We look forward to developing a strong partnership with the AMMO team  a partnership which we believe will lead to future growth down the road and further solidify Manitowoc as a manufacturing hub for many different industries," said Mayor Nickels.

About AMMO, Inc.
With its corporate offices headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona. AMMO, Inc. (the "Company and/or AMMO") designs and manufactures products for a variety of aptitudes, including law enforcement, military, sport shooting and self-defense. The Company was founded in 2016 with a vision to change, innovate and invigorate the complacent munitions industry. AMMO promotes branded munitions as well as its patented STREAK Visual Ammunition, /stelTH/ subsonic munitions, and armor piercing rounds for military use. For more information please visit: www.ammo-inc.com.

Forward Looking Statements
This document contains certain "forward-looking statements". All statements other than statements of historical fact are "forward-looking statements" for purposes of federal and state securities laws, including, but not limited to, any projections of earnings, revenue or other financial items; any statements of the plans, strategies, goals and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning proposed new products and services or developments thereof; any statements regarding future economic conditions or performance; any statements or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing.

Forward looking statements may include the words "may," "could," "estimate," "intend," "continue," "believe," "expect" or "anticipate" or other similar words, or the negative thereof. These forward-looking statements present our estimates and assumptions only as of the date of this report. Accordingly, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the dates on which they are made. We do not undertake to update forward-looking statements to reflect the impact of circumstances or events that arise after the dates they are made. You should, however, consult further disclosures and risk factors we include in Annual Reports on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and Reports filed on Form 8-K.

Investor Contact:
Rob Wiley, CFO
AMMO, Inc.
Phone: (480) 947-0001
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:51:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#44]
We’ve still got another 80 cents to go bucko.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I dunno, I'm inclined to side with OP on this.

I'm seeing the prices stabilize on the local gun/ammo selling sites. Listings for 5.56 for $1/round aren't getting marked as sold. 9MM is selling around $.60-$.70 per round.

Primers seemed to have peaked around $150-$175 per 1K on SRP and SPP. Large Pistol, rifle and magnums are around $100 per 1K.
View Quote
I sold a case of 147gr FMJ 9mm yesterday for $1150 plus shipping. Sold 500rds of PMC .223 for $575 plus shipping.

Friday, both local gun stores had 0 9mm and 0 .223. So stuff is still selling fairly briskly even with high prices.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:58:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just wait'll Joey signs an XO to tax all ammunition
...and sends out some more Cruna Bux
View Quote

Um, congress enacts taxes, not brain dead joe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Like anything else Gun related, if you think it’s too expensive now ... wait a year or two.

I don’t think this current crisis is ever going to end.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:58:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4 or 5 billion rounds?

The way I understood that video was he said they’ve made more ammo this year than in any previous 99 years the company has been in business. Lot of difference in that and saying the last 99 years combined. I could be wrong, maybe he did say that but that’s not how I took it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:59:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Lol, people were literally calling friends to pass the word of available ammo as they were carrying out $890 cases of PMC .223 from the LGS this weekend.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top