Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a low dust clumping litter like Arm & Hammer with a liner in the pan.  Also good for the smells.  The big secret is to scoop every day with a good metal scoop.  Get all of the clumps.  Then I personally change the litter out and put a new liner in once a week on garbage day.  Once a month during the change I hose out the pan with a little Dawn.  If you have some smells mid week, throw in a quarter cup or so of baking soda to kill the smells.

I'm pretty sensitive when it comes to litter odor and this seems to work for me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I should look into litterpan liners, I throw our cat's litter pan out every 2-3 months because the odors impregnate it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I should look into litterpan liners, I throw our cat's litter pan out every 2-3 months because the odors impregnate it.
View Quote
I have never liked them as our cats tear them up badly.

Wonder if someone makes a metal litter pan that won't absorb the odors?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

After seeing these kitty cats in this thread I'm heading to the local pound in a few days to see what they have.

Any tips on kitty litter and other ideas to keep a bad smell out of the house?
View Quote

I have a 4x10 broom closet off my laundry room.  I cut a hole in the dry wall and installed a cat door from HD.  The litter box stays in that closet.   That greatly reduces the smell.  I have never noticed much difference in types of litter.  My cats shred the disposable liners.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Also string on a stick is the best cat toy ever invented.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

My cats also loved a crumpled up ball of paper, they will pretty much play with anything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Puss Zoomies.
Cute.

Our Shepkita dosen't do it often.
But when Mrs. O gets him cranked up.

Beds be flyin'
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

After seeing these kitty cats in this thread I'm heading to the local pound in a few days to see what they have.

Any tips on kitty litter and other ideas to keep a bad smell out of the house?
View Quote

We have used "world's best - multi cat" corn based litter for the last 15 years. If you scoop daily you won't have odor problems. We also use oversize boxes made from lidded storage totes (cut an opening at one end). More room for them to get situated & hold more litter to help reduce the chance of over use. Remove the lid to clean it or if cats don't like cover.  Also have at least one box per cat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was not a cat person until my (ex)wife rescued one of the barn cats that had gotten injured and brought him inside. The first time it hopped up on my lap and curled up purring I was instantly in love.

https://i.imgur.com/d57BOh6l.jpg?1

He loved sitting on my lap, every time I sat down he was there.

I miss him so much
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not a huge fan of cats but I am seriously thinking about getting a couple potty trained kittens to live in the house with us. The fucking roaches and mice are killing us in here.

I was not a cat person until my (ex)wife rescued one of the barn cats that had gotten injured and brought him inside. The first time it hopped up on my lap and curled up purring I was instantly in love.

https://i.imgur.com/d57BOh6l.jpg?1

He loved sitting on my lap, every time I sat down he was there.

I miss him so much

That looks like my girl. She was grabbed by animal control and bit one of them. My wife got a call from the other one and said if you do not take her in as a foster she is being put down tonight due to her biting. My wife went and got the 4 week old gray puff ball and brought her home. She picked me right away and is always in my lap or beside me when I sit down.
Needless to say the foster became adopted, and man does she have attitude.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice looking cat, we have three, two of them are over ten years old, the other one is about six years old.
All of them will stay active for part of the night, it just might be that the dog is in his crate for the night and they can free roam the house.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Cat wanting attention at 2 am is almost as bad as a 1 year old GSD wanting scratches 30 minutes after turning the light out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Seth says to say hello...
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I have learned that most cats pick their humans.
We were living in an apartment when my wife started feeding Miss Piggy.
I was against it.
We (my wife) had a cat already at the time and I did not want another in the apartment.
Well the wife let Piggy in, but does the cat bond with her?
Nooooo. She bonds with the guy who doesn't want her there.

Now I love Piggy to death. I never knew cats could be so affectionate.
Plus she's cool with tummy rubs.
Her cat died before we moved to our new home and Piggy was our only cat for a while.
Because Piggy is so attached to me, we got Pookie for my wife.
Little guy loves to give kisses. Almost like a dog.
My nickname for him is Crackhead because of the crazy stuff he does.

Still a dog person, but I made room for the kitties.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:29:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a 2 year old Russian Blue that is an odd little fucker. He like under cover middle of the night naps for one, and won't leave you alone unless you let him under the blanket. I swear to God he thinks he can make himself invisible at times and will creep through the house being naughty, and knocking shit over.

If you call him on it. He will zoom over to where you are, climb up beside you and lay down next to you. He then disengages his cloaking device and pretends to just be waking up. Some dirty fucker chucked his very pregnant mother out of their vehicle a few winters ago during a brutally cold night when we were hitting minus 20.

My Sister rescued the mother and brought her to me. No one new she was knocked up at the time, and I wouldn't know until I picked her up a day or so later. She birthed 6 babies, but only 4 made it. When it came time to give the little ones away, I couldn't bear the loss of the little guy and kept him.

He's mischievous, but not a bad cat.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:35:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I love cats. And dogs. How the fuck anybody doesn't like them is beyond me. They're just badass little wolves and tigers that want to be your friend.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Still a dog person, but I made room for the kitties.
View Quote
It's not either / or.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 1:42:38 AM EDT
[#18]
The zoomies are hilarious, I like cats. Luckily every cat I have been around or have spent the night at the "cats" house, they tend to sleep close to me and never bother me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:03:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Mine’s absolutely nuts (when she’s not sleeping...)
Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top