Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2020 11:25:13 AM EDT
Wayne promised us an important letter in the most recent AmRifleman...I've only been NRA Life since 1983...so maybe they are working their way down in order of time of membership???? Anyone have it yet?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing seen but I am waiting anxiously.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Is he leaving?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Begging for money.  

Sure Wayne, right after you and all your cronies on the board step down.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#4]
son just got a renewal request, it appears they have done away with the pre-paid return envelopes

maybe wayne is going to say he will float the nra a loan to keep above water
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a suits Wayne email the other day.   I have no idea what it was about as I deleted it without reading.   I suspect it was I need your help we are facing an unprecedented attack against your second amendment rights by the Democrats and I need new suits and another home.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have not received the ominous letter from Wayne's world.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#7]
About a year ago they sent me a fundraising packet. I wrote on it with sharpie "NO MORE MONEY UNTIL WAYNE IS GONE" and sent it in. Haven't gotten anything in the mail since then.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Unless it's his resignation letter IDGAF!
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I might have.  I delete their emails as fast as they can send them and don't bother reading them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]
No letter, no care.

I heard they were laying people off and cutting staff
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Pretty sure I got it and threw it in the recycling.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#13]
thanks for linking...I read that on GD as well and just shook my head.  They just seem not to get it anymore.  When NRA didn’t immediately join with GOA and VCDL in filing the lawsuit seeking to overcome Guv Racist’s order closing gun ranges, I was astonished, as I’ve enjoyed the nice NRA range in the past.  

All I can think is that is WLP and the board have been corrupted and are satisfied with silence.  Well then, despite the decades of support from us commoners...time to lift and shift fires to strengthen GOA and our local (VCDL) state organizations.  

I see the last remaining reason to remain a member is the insurance requirement by my local club for membership in NRA.

Is anyone listening anymore at 11250 Waples Mill Road?

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I listen and I usually send money. I average around $50 a month in donations. Wanting the NRA to fail is counter productive and childish. No other organization has come close to the influence and results the NRA has exhibited.

I think Wayne is overpaid, probably times two. That doesn't mean I won't support the organization. You can be part of the solution, or you can sit ideally by while Congress wipes it's collective behind with the Bill of Rights. I chose to try.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I listen and I usually send money. I average around $50 a month in donations. Wanting the NRA to fail is counter productive and childish. No other organization has come close to the influence and results the NRA has exhibited.

I think Wayne is overpaid, probably times two. That doesn't mean I won't support the organization. You can be part of the solution, or you can sit ideally by while Congress wipes it's collective behind with the Bill of Rights. I chose to try.
View Quote

I think the current staff at NRA is ineffective at defending our rights and stabs us in the back when it suits them.   They won't listen when we demand change, so the only solution involves pain for them and pain for the organization.  Quit giving them money.    At some point if enough of us quit they'll either learn, quit, or the organization will go under and someone else will replace it.    They're past the point where I go "Oh well.  They're not perfect but they're what we have!"   The NRA leadership is part of the swamp and I'm done giving them any money until they fix that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#16]
The June magazines aren't out yet.  Does this have an ominous meaning?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Annual member 1978-1982
Life since 1983

Wayne’s promised letter from Fairfax must still be enroute......crickets.

My June AmRifleman seems to be taking its’ sweet time as well...

Is it an issue with USPS or the mail room, or in the executive suite....or did my decision to join GOA place me on the chit list???

Is this a Virginia thing or are others experiencing the same?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Answer to my question at NRA News Online....

You are now chatting with Caitlin
Due to COVID-19, the June/July issues will be combined and sent out in June. We do apoogize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience and continued support during this difficult time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#19]
im a life member sadly and every letter i get from them goes right in the trash, i dont even open it
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#20]
The June digital magazines aren't out yet.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#21]
My first thought was "this oughta be good..." --but dammit, even troll threads about WLP suck, he sucks so hard.

What I don't get, is all WLP would have had to do, was resign and leave some lackey cardboard-cutout in his place that would funnel money to him, and he'd be raking in cash hand over fist.

Which is why I think at this point he's already made all he "needs to" and has now transitioned to final stage of his career-long controlled-opposition scheme, and is power diving the NRA into a granite mountain at precisely the moment when we would otherwise need them the most to field many RKBA attacks from Soros DAs across the nation amid election year violence.

The NRA needed to die (it's already dead at this point) but I do think the timing was somewhat intentional and coordinated, since WLP's issues have long been known, but he didn't really double down on being an asshole until last year when all this shit we see today was being prepped.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#22]
You may be getting one soon given the Attorney General's press conference today. He needs to go.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I have been an NRA member for 70 years. I have sent the NRA a fortune. I also have sent the NRA letters  explaining my opinions and ideas. I have never received a reply from any of my letters. With this resent NRA scandal, I think we need new leadership at the top. Lets give Ollie North a chance if he still wants
to turn our NRA organization around. We definitely need a strong and viable NRA if we are to keep our semi-automatic firearms in our possession. And also we must keep the NRA a political strong organization if we are to elect the right politicians. Jump on the bandwagon patriots and be counted in this struggle. Light up your friends e-mails and start a range fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top