Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 2/2/2021 12:47:44 PM EDT
https://www.lawofficer.com/chicago-recorded-51-homicides-last-month/

Chicago: Homicides up 50%, shootings of officers up 150%

At least 10 officers have been shot at since the beginning of 2021

CHICAGO — Chicago recorded 51 homicides in January—the highest total the city has recorded for the month in four years, according to a report. Overall, gunfire also soared last month, despite cold weather gripping the city. Chicago recorded 201 shootings through the end of January, police said. In 2020, the same time period saw 137 shootings, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Last year, the city recorded 35 homicides in January, according to data released Monday by the Chicago Police Department and cited by the paper.

At least 10 officers have been shot since the beginning of 2021, compared to four officers struck during January last year, according to the paper.

Homicides in Chicago increased 55% in 2020

According to Chicago police data, the city recorded 769 homicides in 2020, a 55% increase over 2019, Fox reported.

The increase in violent crime last year was blamed on several factors, including the stress of the COVID-19 pandemic, state and local restrictions, and an unprecedented economic crisis, the Chicago Tribune reported.

Chicago also saw 180% more carjackings in January than during the same month in 2020 — and police believe most of the offenses are being committed by young adults and teenagers, some of whom are currently out of school due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Carjackings rose about 135% last year to 1,415 and continue at a high pace this year, police statistics show. CPD recorded 218 carjackings in January 2021 — a staggering spike from the 77 reported during the same time last year, authorities told Fox News late Monday.

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:29:05 PM EDT
No sweat, Xiden and the boyz will get right on it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:37:02 PM EDT
And SCC is still down :(

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:03:40 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SekFan:

And SCC is still down :(

View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:46:29 AM EDT
My buddy was in a shooting a month ago. He won. I had an extremely close call last week. It’s getting worse out there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:11:19 AM EDT
Needs more gun control.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:55:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
My buddy was in a shooting a month ago. He won. I had an extremely close call last week. It’s getting worse out there.
View Quote

Yep but as long at Facebook and Instagram stay up and running, the public will stick their heads in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong. The emperor really has no clothes.

On the bright side, we recently worked a self defense shooting by a member of the public. Won’t say more than that at the moment. Will say that the problem got solved and is staying solved so, thanks to at least one citizen, the world just got a little better.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:27:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:

Yep but as long at Facebook and Instagram stay up and running, the public will stick their heads in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong. The emperor really has no clothes.

On the bright side, we recently worked a self defense shooting by a member of the public. Won’t say more than that at the moment. Will say that the problem got solved and is staying solved so, thanks to at least one citizen, the world just got a little better.
View Quote

The public is slowly starting to see it but it’s gonna take a long time. The local state passed a bunch of laws making traffic violations secondary offenses so now there’s a lot less traffic enforcement. Shockingly now they’re upset that they have to divert tax funds to the child protective, traffic safety patrols and educational services the ticket revenue went to. Oh and look at that, more traffic accidents in the last quarter of 2020 who could have predicted that? Crime is going up? Huh that’s so weird. On the upside I have much more time to work out on duty.

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:52:29 AM EDT

The public is slowly starting to see it but it’s gonna take a long time. The local state passed a bunch of laws making traffic violations secondary offenses so now there’s a lot less traffic enforcement. Shockingly now they’re upset that they have to divert tax funds to the child protective, traffic safety patrols and educational services the ticket revenue went to. Oh and look at that, more traffic accidents in the last quarter of 2020 who could have predicted that? Crime is going up? Huh that’s so weird. On the upside I have much more time to work out on duty.

View Quote

People are inherently stupid.  

On the bright side, with every new fuck the police change, there's less for the police to do.  Just sit back, collect a paycheck, and watch the world burn.  

I'm lucky I work in a conservative area with mostly good people who support us.  I could make more elsewhere (although my pay is fair) but then I'd be stressed.  As it stands now, I'm pretty stress free.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:44:26 AM EDT
Scumbags gonna be scumbags. I assume most people want to shoot me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:49:23 PM EDT
If in doubt spend some time in GD
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:02:12 AM EDT
They won't keep murderers in jail right now, just like the early 90's before parole reform.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:17:58 AM EDT
View Quote

Yikes. You boys stay safe out there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:22:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/5/2021 7:14:20 PM EDT by BLKVooDoo]
Meanwhile this is being run in our newspapers.....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:11:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:

https://i.redd.it/jmczfy0y6kf61.jpg
View Quote

Image isn’t visible.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:14:32 PM EDT

Image isn’t visible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Image isn’t visible.

Fixed
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:09:46 AM EDT

Fixed
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Image isn’t visible.

Fixed

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:23:04 AM EDT
Been in two shootouts in the last 19 years. Been shot at a third time and wounded. I am now riding a desk ( not by choice ) and will do so until I retire. My S.O. has had fourteen shooting incidents since the beginning of 2021. Thankfully no Deputies were killed and two slightly injured. Things have gotten progressively worse everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:08:15 AM EDT
Our OIS incidents have increased as well. I fully expect to be in another one this year.....maybe more. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 5:59:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Czechers:
They won't keep murderers in jail right now, just like the early 90's before parole reform.
View Quote

There are counties in WI that won't even accept people arrested on their felony warrants by other counties.

I won't say the solution is to drive the dude to the neighboring counties jail, then send out the request, then when denied release them in the parking lot of their own jail instead of in your own county, but I am saying that's starting to happen.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:10:44 PM EDT
Nice to see many woke brothers and sisters. This scamdemic has further erased the line between truth and lies. In my agency we very rarely even wear the face diapers. Many of us are sick and tired of the bullshit baked fresh and served daily. I think the last figure was over 2 billion times the word 'Pandemic' has been used on tell-a-vison by the propaganda machine media. I will defend the constitution until my last drop of blood or last bullet. Stay safe.
Top Top