Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2021 1:58:41 PM EDT
Biden has plan to give every new homeowner 15k for down-payment.  So our housing market ,already with hot prices due to more demand than supply gonna add ton more buyers to market.  So 1st time homebuyer now able to purchase home because Biden giving them 15k down payment.  So additional demand on housing stock causes house that was 200k to jump to 300k. Well, good thing for 1st time homebuyer is that when mortgage company foreclosures because they couldn't afford mortgage payment they won't be out a down payment........
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in my first home, so I can expect a check?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Obama gave me $8000 for buying a house.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Biden has plan to give every new homeowner 15k for down-payment.  So our housing market ,already with hot prices due to more demand than supply gonna add ton more buyers to market.  So 1st time homebuyer now able to purchase home because Biden giving them 15k down payment.  
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Amazing how that works... give free money to everyone and the market magically finds a way to take it while only giving you the same damn thing as before the free money.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Biden has plan to give every new homeowner 15k for down-payment.  So our housing market ,already with hot prices due to more demand than supply gonna add ton more buyers to market.  So 1st time homebuyer now able to purchase home because Biden giving them 15k down payment.  

That grammer & sentence structure...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Give give give ...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Source?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#8]
This is bullshit.
What about everyone else who busted their behind and bought with 100% their hard earned money?
Same with students loan.  
Communism has no place in the USA
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:30:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is bullshit.
What about everyone else who busted their behind and bought with 100% their hard earned money?
Same with students loan.  
View Quote

Was just going to say I've been saving my hard earned cash for the passed decade of working to finally finance a house this year. You know without any handouts, the way it should be done.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
All of this nonsense will benefit... the government. Higher housing prices also means higher tax revenue.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Amazing how that works... give free money to everyone and the market magically finds a way to take it while only giving you the same damn thing as before the free money.
View Quote
Exactly
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is bullshit.
Same with students loan.  
View Quote

In their eyes, you obviously have white privilege.  Gotta do something about that.

Make America Last Again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Source?
View Quote

^^^^^ ? ^^^^^
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is bullshit.
Same with students loan.  
View Quote

Your privilege is showing, tax slave. Now get back to work so we can take 1/3 of your earnings and give it away.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Down payment used to mean skin in the game.

This smells more like a way to trick the bank.

Banks being complicit in this says it's really just another preemptive bank bailout.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Was just going to say I've been saving my hard earned cash for the passed decade of working to finally finance a house this year. You know without any handouts, the way it should be done.
View Quote

The program will disqualify you, you have too much cash on hand. Lmao.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#17]
how about clearing the way for new supply to be built which will put downward pressure on the market?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:44:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Banks being complicit in this says it's really just another preemptive bank bailout.
View Quote

Intentional bubble?  Interesting idea
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Nerdwallet article about his ideas

What a bunch of BS.

The only thing that I get like is helping to find lower price homes.  I have not seen a subdivision go up for less than 250k per house. Nothing but McMansions.

Not saying that I am crazy about our government funding it, just that it’s a problem.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:48:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is bullshit.
Same with students loan.  
View Quote

It's orthodox anti-communism: to ease a transition from one form of the market to another (industrial capitalism to finance capitalism here), soften the blow with compensation for the losers in the new game.

Look at Attlee and Thatcher to read America's future, Hamilton and Adams to foreshadow China.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you mean: grammar
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:51:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:53:14 PM EDT
[#25]
So, property taxes also go up 50%
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is bullshit.
Same with students loan.  
View Quote
You get to enjoy watching your home value shoot up some more and eventually higher property taxes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#28]
They'll give it by race.  All to Non-Whites so they can move into the burbs and destroy it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#29]
He should give money to students so they can afford college too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#30]
How many people actually took this as truth without actually researching the claim.

Another "someone on the internet said it so it must be true" all because it centers around someone that people hate so much they get tunnel vision.

For God's sake stop being so retarded.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How many people actually took this as truth without actually researching the claim.

Another "someone on the internet said it so it must be true" all because it centers around someone that people hate so much they get tunnel vision.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Holy hypocrite, Hillary.

ETA:

joebiden.com/housing

PROVIDE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO HELP HARD-WORKING AMERICANS BUY OR RENT QUALITY HOUSING
Help families buy their first homes and build wealth by creating a new refundable, advanceable tax credit of up to $15,000.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#32]
"The Biden administration has a plan for that: giving first-timers up to $15,000 to apply toward a down payment.

Frustrated would-be homeowners might favor that proposed solution. But it almost surely would drive house prices even higher."

It's gonna be a long 4 years
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Interesting.  Cities have always had bond money for down payment assistance at times. This isn’t really necessary.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#34]
you'd need to be giving about 500k to every home buyer for a year, US and foreign to see a 50% increase in cost. for just first time buys you'd have to be giving each them 60 million dollars. each, and thats assuming 100% of it went into boasting real estate prices.

math is not the strong suite of many.

now if you really want to pull a government, dont give anything and print 50% more of the money supply in the next 3 years. houses are up another 30-50%.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Sounds like my wife will be buying our next house. Itll be her first. Ill just live there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#36]
So banks change to 93/7 loans?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#37]
So I better get that property with timber this year is what your telling me. Make my own lumber, build my own house and sell my current home for big bucks. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that the award given to moosicians?  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Don't believe that's his plan, nor will it ever happen.

So, whatever.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#40]
If only they had a plan for and college costs student loan repayment and assistance with buying a home....I used one plan called gi bill Student loan repayment programs and va loans.

Service equals citizenship
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:01:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So, property taxes also go up 50%
View Quote

......and forces someone like my mom (87) who still lives in my childhood home to sell because she can't afford said property taxes or at least to defer them so when it sells upon her death her estate (me) owes a shit ton of property taxes/penalties.....Sounds about right.

LOL.....Maybe there will be a tax break if I sell it to the blacks or "recent immigrants".
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I never got the $1.2k stimulus, the $600 relief, and $8k or $15k for my home.  How about some tax credits instead Creepy Pedo Chyna Joe?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#43]
15k?

wtf
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#44]

If true... its nothing but a pump and dump bank bailout.

Plan accordingly and pick up cheap property after the correction.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Go back 20% down required for a house, in cash.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Think I will put the house in the name of an LLC then buy it from the LLC can I get my $15K for that?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#47]
$15k is fucking nothing toward a down payment on that $500k starter home.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.

No he didn't, you have to pay that back was my understanding.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:50:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You get to enjoy watching your home value shoot up some more and eventually higher property taxes.
View Quote

That already happened to me this year.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#50]
So 15k looks like each of my kids is buying a house.  Sure they’re all six and younger, but who cares yolo...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top