Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2021 6:28:35 AM EDT
I got up at 4:00 AM, as I am not a good sleeper.  The time was 5:00 AM when I saw a car pull in my driveway with the lights off.  I am thinking WTF.  I grab my pistol and open the front door.  Looks like no one is in the car. I lock the door and then grab my flashlight and open the door again and shine it at the car.  Black kid gets in car and starts backing out.  I am sure he was checking door handles, as there were 4 cars in the driveway.  I hollered at the MF'er and he sped out of the neighborhood.  Needless to say I am pissed and the adrenaline is pumping.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
LoL, in. Obviously raciss for pointing out the gentlemen’s race....
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure he was just lost and looking for directions.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#4]
He was headed to Bible study
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
He was simply out for a jog.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Move. Or put up some of border wall panels that will soon be on govauction sites.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually, nice neighborhood. Sheriff's deputy just stopped by to take a report and ride neighborhood to look for broken glass or anything of that nature.  I know there is really nothing they can do.  I am moving in about a month and plan to have cameras at the new house, which is in a really nice neighborhood.  I doubt it, but I hope that kid got scared and may rethink his actions before somebody puts a bullet in him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:00:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Uncle is a democrat lobbyist and consulting expert. He was living in Europe for a year doing consulting work and then moved back to the states. First week back he had his car stolen by 4 young black kids who got into a high speed chase and totaled it. As he was ranting about it I reminded him to check his privilege. Thought he was going to stroke out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]
In before the parody thread.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uncle is a democrat lobbyist and consulting expert. He was living in Europe for a year doing consulting work and then moved back to the states. First week back he had his car stolen by 4 young black kids who got into a high speed chase and totaled it. As he was ranting about it I reminded him to check his privilege. Thought he was going to stroke out.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably just wanted to check the glove compartments of vehicles in the driveway for a map when “some crazy white guy with a gun” came running out!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you fine citizen for alerting us to your situation. Please stay inside your home, do not panic, the National Hate Crimes Administration authorities will be there soon to get control of the problem.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Racist.
Most likely, he was making SURE your doors were locked before the white, nationalist, racist conservatives looted and burned your shit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:45:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Do you lock your doors OP?
Most door knockers these days don’t break glass just go around and look for open doors. It amazes me how many people leave their doors unlocked. I live pretty far out and it’s still a problem with the meths.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:47:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Careful answering the door or even opening it to confront anyone with a gun in hand.  Depending on SC state law, it's likely illegal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Careful answering the door or even opening it to confront anyone with a gun in hand.  Depending on SC state law, it's likely illegal.
View Quote

Laughs in Joe Horn ??
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:55:46 AM EDT
[#18]
You didn't don Nods? fail.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:02:20 AM EDT
[#19]
You didn’t blade at a 45 degree angle and ms paint?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#20]
All car doors were locked, as well as house doors.  I had no intention of walking out in the yard to confront someone trying to break into a car.  Good way to get shot. My intention was to get him the hell out of my yard and make sure my family was protected.  Nothing in my cars worth my life or his.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's illegal to answer the door with a gun in your hand?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#22]
No, it's not illegal.  I told the deputy I had a pistol and he said absolutely nothing.  He only said I wish I could have gotten here sooner.  He was on another call.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

With an erection, yes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Charges can be pressed.  The act isn't directly illegal by itself per se (not yet anyway), but charges could be filed by the "victim".  Not saying your DA would go after you, but in this day and age nothing would surprise me.  

If you're a USCCA member, look at some of their stuff on it.  If not, here's one of many Google search results giving examples:

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2017/08/armed-homeowner-door-defense/
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#25]
OP did you have a note saying it was okay for you to be outside?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:18:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good way to get shot.
Bodycam video refutes police claim that a deputy shot a man who opened his door and aimed a gun

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:25:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Actually, nice neighborhood. Sheriff's deputy just stopped by to take a report and ride neighborhood to look for broken glass or anything of that nature.  I know there is really nothing they can do.  I am moving in about a month and plan to have cameras at the new house, which is in a really nice neighborhood.  I doubt it, but I hope that kid got scared and may rethink his actions before somebody puts a bullet in him.
View Quote

Unfortunately you will have to fight the cultural norms ingrained in him.

Theft (dont get caught slippin, that's yo fault) and gaming the welfare system are point of pride and rite of passage.  

If you believe differently you are a rube or pawn of the new state.

You ever see a black woman holding an iPad bitching at the counter  because she has $5 copay with medicaid.  Uhuh,  this posed to be free bitch.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Flawless execution.  Bravo.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Probably just wanted to check the glove compartments of vehicles in the driveway for a map when “some crazy white guy with a gun” came running out!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, stop being an extremist, op.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#31]
We just had a guy arrested for checking the door handles at our condo. He was so shit faced he forgot where he was staying.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Ditch the flashlight, circle around him and steal his car?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:54:33 AM EDT
[#34]
He was simply looking for unlocked cars so he could place a Bible in them, and pray for your safety, car x car.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:56:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Anything left in a car with unlocked doors is considered a gift to the hood rats around here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Next time don’t use the flashlight, that likely gave away your position.
View Quote

Serious question: How can the homeowner be sure of his potential target and their behavior if he has no flashlight?

Assuming there are no street lights or other area lighting (which is the situation at my house).

I guess night vision would solve the problem . . .
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#37]
He was just shopping where the good stuff was expected to be.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Serious question: How can the homeowner be sure of his potential target and their behavior if he has no flashlight?

Assuming there are no street lights or other area lighting (which is the situation at my house).

View Quote

External floodlights work too.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Op, don't be like this guy...

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
LoL, in. Obviously raciss for pointing out the gentlemen's race....
View Quote

He was there to cure OP's colon cancer
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Son just saw a Facebook post from a lady in the neighborhood across from us, her husband had his wallet stolen out of his truck last night.  She was asking if anyone near her had cameras.  I told my son to tell her to call me.  I am not on FB.  She said that there had already been charges made on his credit card.  Not sure I can provide much information, but if it helps them I am willing to share.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Son just saw a Facebook post from a lady in the neighborhood across from us, her husband had his wallet stolen out of his truck last night.  She was asking if anyone near her had cameras.  I told my son to tell her to call me.  I am not on FB.  She said that there had already been charges made on his credit card.  Not sure I can provide much information, but if it helps them I am willing to share.
View Quote

Got caught slippin,  yo.

He was just holdin Twans shit.  He just came and gots it
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#43]

No blading at a 45, no NODs.
Yelling loudly and investigating while armed gained you some points, however.

Glad nothing was stolen.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Just talked to lady in other neighborhood.  She said there were two laptops and other electronics in her husband's truck and only his wallet was stolen.  Couple hundred in wallet and fraudulent charges on credit card around 6:00 AM this morning.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Was he an aspiring rapper?  Turning his life around?  

Etc?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Got to be even more sneaky than the thief.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Did you make sure your teenage daughter didn't leave with him?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#48]
The last neighborhood was so bad, most people just left the car doors unlocked. It saved having to replace auto glass.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thisrighthere.

On my to do list
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I got up at 4:00 AM, as I am not a good sleeper.  The time was 5:00 AM when I saw a car pull in my driveway with the lights off.  I am thinking WTF.  I grab my pistol and open the front door.  Looks like no one is in the car. I lock the door and then grab my flashlight and open the door again and shine it at the car.  Black kid gets in car and starts backing out.  I am sure he was checking door handles, as there were 4 cars in the driveway.  I hollered at the MF'er and he sped out of the neighborhood.  Needless to say I am pissed and the adrenaline is pumping.
View Quote

lives in the ghetto.
leaves cars in driveway, but i repeat myself.
didn't see anything illegal but not just assumes is sure that something illegal happened.
makes an incredibly poor decision tactically to open door and yell.

i'm betting you had no real security measures outside a firearm too. par for the course for a GD thread.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top