Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2020 4:58:27 PM EDT
Played this back in 15 and thought meh. I was playing ground arcade it turns out. Downloaded it again, discovered realistic battles and haven’t played anything else in 3 months.

A squad of 4-5 ARFCOMMERS could dominate every battle. Why is there no team ARF???
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I play pretty frequently and would be down to squad up. If we could snag a few more people no one would stand in our way.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
There is an arfcom squadron and although it has a lot of members most are not active. I usually stick to flying planes solo.

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#3]
It really shines in VR. Is the squad open to join?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Ill be on once I get my computer fixed.  Got an update or virus a few days ago that disabled my wireless and erased my windows key, so now I have to find that and re-activate windows before I can get online...

I was at day 75 of the daily awards too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 2:39:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It really shines in VR. Is the squad open to join?
View Quote
Squadron is open to join, for sure. If it won't let you submit an application let me know. Im Doug__Masters. If I need to, I'll create space for you.  Didn't realize I started the squad 7 years ago!  Sheesh!
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ill be on once I get my computer fixed.  Got an update or virus a few days ago that disabled my wireless and erased my windows key, so now I have to find that and re-activate windows before I can get online...

View Quote

That's strange. Windows 10? Get your windows key from a third party vendor?  I got mine from a shady place and was unable to reactivate windows after a motherboard change.  I still haven't paid for another copy, I'm just running "unactivated".

You can download and run Windows 10 without paying, you just get a small watermark and can't change your desktop background.

I may have to download War Thunder again. Played it a bunch awhile back but kinda burned out on it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 11:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's strange. Windows 10? Get your windows key from a third party vendor?  I got mine from a shady place and was unable to reactivate windows after a motherboard change.  I still haven't paid for another copy, I'm just running "unactivated".

You can download and run Windows 10 without paying, you just get a small watermark and can't change your desktop background.

I may have to download War Thunder again. Played it a bunch awhile back but kinda burned out on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Computer was bought new in 08', forced update to Windows 10 a few years ago.  I plugged my phone in one day to upload hiking pics, next day my computer won't recognize its own wireless card and I have a permanent message in the lower left corner stating to activate my windows, and I cannot view my original key.  Geek squad has my tower now, anxiously  waiting for my tower and a bill.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd join the Arf squadron but I already have my own private one for just friends.

Working on my first jet (F-80) finally. It's been a bit of a grind

Quoted:
It really shines in VR.
View Quote

WT is the only flight sim that makes me nauseous in VR for some reason, not sure why
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I am down to clown
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Computer was bought new in 08', forced update to Windows 10 a few years ago.  I plugged my phone in one day to upload hiking pics, next day my computer won't recognize its own wireless card and I have a permanent message in the lower left corner stating to activate my windows, and I cannot view my original key.  Geek squad has my tower now, anxiously  waiting for my tower and a bill.
View Quote

Activate it by phone. Sort of a backdoor and forcing it to accept your key. It is all automated.
https://www.winhelp.co/knowledge-base/how-to-activate-windows-10-by-phone/
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Activate it by phone. Sort of a backdoor and forcing it to accept your key. It is all automated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do I look it up?  The computer deleted it, does Microsoft have a way to recover that data?
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 11:46:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How do I look it up?  The computer deleted it, does Microsoft have a way to recover that data?
View Quote

With Windows 10, so long as it was activated previously, Microsoft has a database that can identify your installation.  The wizard will provide you with an "installation ID" which you provide to Microsoft, and in return you will get a confirmation ID which you enter.  To start the wizard, type in 'slui 4' into your search bar by the windows start icon, and select the run the command option.  Select your country, and the wizard will also give you the phone number to call.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info, calling geek squad today to see if my tower is ready for pickup.  When the windows error occurred I also lost my wireless card, comp wont recognize it and I lost ability to run anything as administrator.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info, calling geek squad today to see if my tower is ready for pickup.  When the windows error occurred I also lost my wireless card, comp wont recognize it and I lost ability to run anything as administrator.
View Quote

That's really strange, more than just a windows license issue. Hopefully they get it sorted and the bill isn't too bad.

I've been playing again, mostly on around midnight ET though.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the add.
Started playing when the lock down started.
CryToYourMom is the screen name.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Been thinking about getting back in.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 2:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I would like to join. Kinda casual but would love to play some squad battles. Only play RB, I've been grinding out all nations so ... yeah, I'm one of those guys . The highest planes I have are Sweden, Tier 4, but honestly will grind/play any if I have people to play with.

User name in-game is Sethelarian
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I would like to join. Kinda casual but would love to play some squad battles. Only play RB, I've been grinding out all nations so ... yeah, I'm one of those guys . The highest planes I have are Sweden, Tier 4, but honestly will grind/play any if I have people to play with.

User name in-game is Sethelarian
View Quote
Send in a request and any officers that see it should approve it
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#19]
OK I have joined the squadron. Pmshawn. Let's get some guys online this weekend and represent for ARF.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:46:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OK I have joined the squadron. Pmshawn. Let's get some guys online this weekend and represent for ARF.
View Quote

I can do any BR under 9, LMK.  CoxWinger
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Is WT playable on an i5 laptop with 8Gb ram?  Asking for a friend....
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 12:56:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Liked the idea of angle of hit, penetration ratings, and explosive values.

Played when it started, stopped when some lock down stuff happened.  

Guess I should see if I can recover my account, doubt this laptop could play it, though.

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I’ve been playing on an older i5 with 8gb of ram recently and have enjoyed it so much I’m shopping for a more modern laptop right now.  I REALLY wanted to play with joystick or my old Hotas but I’m so much more effective with mouse and keyboard that I put that shit right back in the closet. I usually can’t get online until after 8pm eastern but was on until almost 2am last night.  Thanks for the add to the squad.  

How do you find where others are flying and navigate to that arena?  I also need to read up on how inflight comms work as well.

Back in the day I was into Air Warrior 2 big time and had a lot of fun, call sign was P100 and squad was the SkyRaiders.  Hoping WT is just as much fun.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Alright leading the squadron w activity (pmshawn). You all should be ashamed of having lives.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:57:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Alright leading the squadron w activity (pmshawn). You all should be ashamed of having lives.
View Quote

Thanks for the squadron points, at this rate Ill have the BMP-2M in 35 or so months.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Do we have a discord, etc. to coordinate some squads?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do we have a discord, etc. to coordinate some squads?
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:33:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Thank God that event is over. The grind. Got the Mig21 though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Just bumping this again.  Seeing a lot of members on so hopefully we can get some more activity going.

Dig_Doug here
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Watching a movie, then ill be on.
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#31]
This was pretty funny, skip to 13:30

B-17 FLYING FORTRESS CLOSE AIR SUPPORT

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This was pretty funny, skip to 13:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh2PS2iEJPE
View Quote

At first I thought the guy in the tank must be playing on his phone or away from his pc but he moves and returns fire at the plane. How in the hell did he not notice the plane sitting right in front of him?

I played this some when it first came out. I'm gonna download it again right now, hopefully I still have my old account.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuckin seal clubbing experience at it's worst
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I’ve been playing on an older i5 with 8gb of ram recently and have enjoyed it so much I’m shopping for a more modern laptop right now.  I REALLY wanted to play with joystick or my old Hotas but I’m so much more effective with mouse and keyboard that I put that shit right back in the closet. I usually can’t get online until after 8pm eastern but was on until almost 2am last night.  Thanks for the add to the squad.  

How do you find where others are flying and navigate to that arena?  I also need to read up on how inflight comms work as well.

Back in the day I was into Air Warrior 2 big time and had a lot of fun, call sign was P100 and squad was the SkyRaiders.  Hoping WT is just as much fun.

Thanks
View Quote

On full sim/real mode?

There will be 'missions' that randomly happen such as "shoot down enemy bombers in sector xxx" or "defeat the ground forces in sector xxx."

Not sure how accurate my examples are as I haven't played sim mode since my dog destroyed my track-ir setup

Generally speaking if you are looking for a fight just hover to those areas and you'll find your fight.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#35]
I shall have the 7.3 tank (UK Cent) for level 75 in the never ending marathon when I log in this evening. How far are you?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#36]
6.7 tanks and 8.3 jets in American. Level 61.

Been playing since 2013 :/
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#37]
I meant level 75 for the event! (Battle Pass season 2)
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Add me, Trooper1911
Been playing a lot since Rona hit, almost spaded all US tanks, working on Germans and Swedes. Hate the game, but cant stop playing
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hate the game, but cant stop playing
View Quote

I understand this
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#40]
A solid fallback game for me when I'm between games. Mostly for tanks. 3.7 American and Russian.  6.3 for Germany. Have slightly higher tiers unlocked in each of those but I HATE them. Oh, and a whopping 2.7 in UK planes.

Always play arcade and I found the lower tiers to be much more fun than higher tiers. Maybe its different in RB but I was actually terrible the few times I tried it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A solid fallback game for me when I'm between games. Mostly for tanks. 3.7 American and Russian.  6.3 for Germany. Have slightly higher tiers unlocked in each of those but I HATE them. Oh, and a whopping 2.7 in UK planes.

Always play arcade and I found the lower tiers to be much more fun than higher tiers. Maybe its different in RB but I was actually terrible the few times I tried it.
View Quote

Realistic makes more sense at higher BRs, especially when ATGM's come into play.  I can park a bradley or BMP in a tree line and pick off tanks at will without having to worry about the entire map shooting at me; do that on arcade and youre instantly marked to everyone on the map the second you roll out from behind cover.  Currently 8.3 in US tanks / 4.0 US air; also have a couple high br Russian vehicles when I want to play with the big dogs (T-72AV, BMP-2M, Obj 279).  Working on aircraft from all countries (most still 3.0 and below), but mainly US.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#42]
just have the styker and that new light tank in the US tech tree to research
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I've actually been playing a lot of navy lately. I'm always in the gunners station. I always get killed by torpedo's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top