Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/24/2021 8:32:08 AM EDT
The answer should be painfully obvious.
The GOP, just like the DNC, survives to be elected. Nothing more.
They get elected by voters.
Voters are increasingly liberal, with every passing year.

Actual conservatives take note...we are in the extreme minority...and its probably not going to swing back the other way in our lifetime. Voting GOP is not going to restore the American that we grew up in. Frankly, I don't know that anything can. Most of the folks I encounter these days who are under the age of 50 are simply far more liberal than in previous generations. They don't identify with nationalism, rugged individualism, and they aren't motivated by self reliance. They have voted a system into being that caters to them. The GOP is clamoring (ineffectively) to remain relevant, and they are trying to appease liberals in exchange for votes. Ironic that these same tactics of appeasement have been criticized for decades when it was Democrats sending funding to enemy states in exchange for public statements of compliance.

Bottom line...the GOP is dead. They cannot compete with the DNC...not at this particular game. The DNC has mastered the art of pandering, deception, and appeasement. The GOP isn't going to emerge as the party of the people. I do believe that in time, the pendulum will shift to the right again...but probably not for a long time.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#1]

What took you so long to figure this out? This has been common knowledge for decades for some of us.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The GOP is largely bought and paid for.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Soros money lives matter.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#5]
74 million (that we know of) say otherwise.

The GOP is dead. Anyone who supports them is voting for a D. They're virtually identical and don't give a shit about you or I.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
For those who step out of the echo chamber they will realize this shocking revelation.

The problem for the RNC is they are the followers not the leaders in this case. They are walking a fine line between trying to not pi$$ off their established base while at the same time trying to move further left to appeal to younger on-the-fence voters. Funny thing is most people tend to become somewhat more conservative, to a varying degree, as they get older. Just the nature of the game. Watching in played by the Republicans for decades here in New York, the big problem was they would take huge stabs the 2A community in an attempt to appeal to the Progressives. They also tended to support the tax and fee increases desired by the Democrats as well. There were only a few "cultural" issues that they would try and stand up for.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe study more on what controlled opposition means.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://media0.giphy.com/media/l0MYGb1LuZ3n7dRnO/giphy.gif

What took you so long to figure this out? This has been common knowledge for decades for some of us.
View Quote
Havent read many of my posts here i take it
Ive been saying this same thing since Reagan.
I find it stunning....literally stunning...that folks here are trying to strategize and vote their way out of this.
After reading the Tulsi Gabbard thread i was motivated to post this.
When gun owners on this board are seriously talking about switching parties to join the dems....because they listened to some podcast...its pretty obvious that the fight cant be won. At least not in the way we have historically fought.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Glad to see you came out of that coma, OP.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#10]
GOP lacks these:

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Politics are a game to the libtards I know. A meaningless game to complement a life devoid of meaning.

That said, lots of people are waking up to this.

I don't think the population is shifting to the left as much as the media would have you believe.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#12]
It's been one party for a long time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
For those who step out of the echo chamber they will realize this shocking revelation.

The problem for the RNC is they are the followers not the leaders in this case. They are walking a fine line between trying to not pi$$ off their established base while at the same time trying to move further left to appeal to younger on-the-fence voters. Funny thing is most people tend to become somewhat more conservative, to a varying degree, as they get older. Just the nature of the game. Watching in played by the Republicans for decades here in New York, the big problem was they would take huge stabs the 2A community in an attempt to appeal to the Progressives. They also tended to support the tax and fee increases desired by the Democrats as well. There were only a few "cultural" issues that they would try and stand up for.
View Quote
I don't think the GOP is walking a fine line...I would liken it to stumbling haphazardly across a vast mine field. There are some party loyalists who will keep voting R, believing that its still the right thing to do, and that even the worst republican is better than the best Democrat.  Sad, but very true, and evidenced on this board daily. Many actual conservatives have washed their hands of the GOP...but with nowhere to turn. The left was never going to stand with the GOP. Its been a textbook lesson in political suicide.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I disagree OP, we are not the "extreme minority", no fucking way did the drooler in chief get more votes than Trump.
Our problem is two fold, we are a silent majority and we have no leadership.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:00:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I disagree OP, we are not the "extreme minority", no fucking way did the drooler in chief get more votes than Trump.
View Quote
I would really like to believe that you are right...and I hope that you are.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Honestly the overton window has shifted so far left there is only one way back, maybe two, and they aren't pleasant.

Either there is a civil war that outs those who are pushing this country left, or there is a cultural revolution and a right wing dictator takes power like Pinochet or Franco.

Voting isn't going to matter because culture drives voting patterns and the culture is controlled by Hollywood. The same Hollywood that is producing tranny ritz cracker ads.

Furthermore, if we want a reasonable hope for future generations we need to take back the education systems as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:04:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I think true actual real non-corrupt voting may actually help the pendulum swing back to more conservatism. Most people want to 'identify' with the winning 'team'. Fraudulent polls and corrupt elections have drawn the followers into the liberal/progressive camp.

Unfortunately I think society crashing and burning is the only way to get the pendulum to start swinging back to conservatism.

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Conservatives are a minority.
Extreme liberals are also a minority
The vast middle field of uncommitted voters can swing either way,but as a culture our country tilts to the left. Add in a divisive president who many people already disliked, and any fraud to hand victory to his opponent does not have to be particularly extensive
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:09:27 AM EDT
[#19]
The GOP of the 1970s was more cuckish than today’s party.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#20]
The illusion of choice. Like the illusion of fair elections. It keeps the big dogs on the porch.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#21]
The majority of American voters are low information voters with the attention span of a fucking gnat.
They vote for a candidate based strictly on what letter they have next to their name or a 30 second sound
bite they hear on TV.

Some of the most important elections, as far what is going effect their day to day lives
are the local elections yet they do zero research to know what they are voting for. Hell I bet most people
can't name the mayor of their city let alone the name of a single city council member, county commissioner,
schoolboard member or judge.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Actual conservatives take note...we are in the extreme minority...and its probably not going to swing back the other way in our lifetime. Voting GOP is not going to restore the American that we grew up in. Frankly, I don't know that anything can. Most of the folks I encounter these days who are under the age of 50 are simply far more liberal than in previous generations. They don't identify with nationalism, rugged individualism, and they aren't motivated by self reliance. They have voted a system into being that caters to them. The GOP is clamoring (ineffectively) to remain relevant, and they are trying to appease liberals in exchange for votes. Ironic that these same tactics of appeasement have been criticized for decades when it was Democrats sending funding to enemy states in exchange for public statements of compliance.

Bottom line...the GOP is dead. They cannot compete with the DNC...not at this particular game. The DNC has mastered the art of pandering, deception, and appeasement. The GOP isn't going to emerge as the party of the people. I do believe that in time, the pendulum will shift to the right again...but probably not for a long time.

View Quote

Yeah, this year all of this sunk home for me for the first time.  I actually consider myself a centrist, since there are things I agree with that are embraced by both the right and left but am finding that I am increasingly in the minority on that.

The center has all but disappeared.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#23]
If your right, why can’t the democrats find a palatable candidate? And why do they have to cheat to win?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#24]

“They get elected by voters.”

You sure about that?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:20:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Sorry OP but Boomers are still the largest percentage of votes by age so we can still blame them.

Seriously though the fact that Biden cheated and won isn't the issue. It's that a dementia-addled, tottering fool was close enough that stealing was possible is the real death knell for us as a country.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If your right, why can't the democrats find a palatable candidate? And why do they have to cheat to win?
View Quote
Because the Democrats built a coalition made up of liberals, antifa, BLM, gays, trannies, minorities, Muslims, millennial soy boys, feminazis, union workers, and blue dog Democrats living in the past. They then promise utopia and free shit.

Given enough time they'll eat their own. However, they also know how to push forward with their plans given the chance. The GOP on the other hand does Jack shit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Given time this administration will expose they have a failed system of government. We need to hammer them in the midterms and hammer them again in 4 years. I just hope we have some nails worth a shit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Sadly, OPNI.

I don't know about the last line though unless it's after a nuclear exchange or something.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't agree that Conservatives are an extreme minority.  Or even a minority.  Though I would agree that we're typically QUIETER, and far more law abiding by nature.

That is changing.  And, the vote totals are deceptive.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#30]
I would venture a guess that many people are old enough to have finished school before the big changes. Kids are taught a certain viewpoint, and it doesn’t include doing anything for yourself. No school kid is taught to stand for our sovereignty. The events of the last few years are evidence of the cognitive rot infecting our society. We have taught kids to parrot a response, then the media provides the “proper” responses. Talk to almost any kid educated in the public schools, the evidence is clear.

Change cannot come quickly. It will take vast changes to education, a return to moral expectations, cessation of hand outs, and a reduction in the influence of media into our lives.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Good times make weak men (and women...gotta be equal now. Don't ban me Amazon. Please.)
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#32]
No Shit Sherlock, the GOP is for Big Government too, just like the Dems.

We probably would have this issue if Senators and House Members had term limits. All these 40+ year leeches have driven this country into a major debt that can not be paid off.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Until the Old Guard is replaced in the Republican party, it will same shit, different day. They give lip service to get elected, then won't play by the same rules as Democrats. That's why we continually get fucked by the R party.
There do seem to be a few getting to D.C. that are upsetting the apple cart. Hopefully we can get more.

And get the fuck rid of Pelosi, Schumer, Feinstein and their ilk.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I would venture a guess that many people are old enough to have finished school before the big changes. Kids are taught a certain viewpoint, and it doesn’t include doing anything for yourself. No school kid is taught to stand for our sovereignty. The events of the last few years are evidence of the cognitive rot infecting our society. We have taught kids to parrot a response, then the media provides the “proper” responses. Talk to almost any kid educated in the public schools, the evidence is clear.

Change cannot come quickly. It will take vast changes to education, a return to moral expectations, cessation of hand outs, and a reduction in the influence of media into our lives.
View Quote

Start by destroying the teacher’s unions. Unfortunately it’s a pipe dream.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Until the Old Guard is replaced in the Republican party, it will same shit, different day. They give lip service to get elected, then won't play by the same rules as Democrats. That's why we continually get fucked by the R party.
There do seem to be a few getting to D.C. that are upsetting the apple cart. Hopefully we can get more.

And get the fuck rid of Pelosi, Schumer, Feinstein and their ilk.
View Quote

Whos up and coming besides the CO woman whos worth a damn? John McCain in a pirate costume? GTFOOH.

The GOP is dead and for damn good reason. We don't need a 'new GOP', we need a whole new party.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Because they are being paid to.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Overton Window.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#38]
The real reason is conservative =/= right.  A conservative is a person that tries to slow the progress of left, but completely rejects right wing ideas.  Stop voting for conservatives, and start voting for right wingers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Votes are the currency of politics.

Politicians do what they think they need to do to get yours. Nobody actually has your interests at heart.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:41:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#41]

The ENTIRE effing government is bought and paid for!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mr. Global wants folks stacked up in the urbanized enclaves. Urban living lends to soft living, lends to liberal leaning mindset. GTFO of the urban shitholes to liberate your mind and body. Get er done!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Whos up and coming besides the CO woman whos worth a damn? John McCain in a pirate costume? GTFOOH.

The GOP is dead and for damn good reason. We don't need a 'new GOP', we need a whole new party.
View Quote

Hell, nominate me for ‘24. I’m the perfect candidate to run against whomever.

Some conservative values, some liberal values, no religion to speak of, but you do you as long as it doesn’t get in the way of everyone else, strong on defense, weak on drugs(legalize them all), strong on border security while making it easier for legal immigration to occur, guns-guns-guns for everyone, because the last thing a free people should do is disarm for their or anybody else’s government, and there’s a poorly-maintained mass grave full of my ancestors in South Dakota that bears testament to that fact.

I don’t drink(like Trump), my hair is real(ahem...), I’m one of the most minor of minorities, and have a strong work ethic borne out of necessity.

Now all I need are a few billion dollars for a campaign war chest and I’m on my to the White House.... or the Big House, depending on how it goes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Davy Crockett quit congress in disgust over it's corruption.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Honestly the overton window has shifted so far left there is only one way back, maybe two, and they aren't pleasant.

Either there is a civil war that outs those who are pushing this country left, or there is a cultural revolution and a right wing dictator takes power like Pinochet or Franco.

Voting isn't going to matter because culture drives voting patterns and the culture is controlled by Hollywood. The same Hollywood that is producing tranny ritz cracker ads.

Furthermore, if we want a reasonable hope for future generations we need to take back the education systems as well.
View Quote

This

My mother bought into the whole thing with Trump using military to stay in office, but she didn't understand that once you do that you are no longer a president but a dictator. I think that could have worked for awhile but absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#46]
OP should google "Median Voter Theorem".
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#47]
The real question people should be asking is why voters keep shifting left?

I don't think pushing for election integrity and moderating the GOP is going to help much. You have to look for the sources and proactively sort them out rather than trying to react to what your opponent is doing
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#48]
I bet this feels a lot like '64-'68. Resulting in a Nixon or '76-'80..Resulting in a Reagan.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:02:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are over thinking it.
Gop voters don’t care what the politician does, only that they are not quite as bad as their worst fears of the other guy. So Gop politicians have no reason not to drift further and further left every election. “What are you going to do vote for a communist”
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#50]
The voters move further left because of education and the media.  Our failures are not taking those institutions back.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top