BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1687
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Wife and I were arguing about discussing that this morning. It's going to come down to MSFT's permissible receipt of revenue to payment of royalty lag. We should show H2, and possibly some IVAS payments against the advance, but if MSFT can stall on the larger delivery revenue...well, you know.

Both sides know where the matter stands, and that's the pointy end of the stick. MSFT can't break MVIS at this point before the contract expires, and that's where we hold the high ground.
View Quote

Is the price "suppression" (because with all the metrics hit by MVIS over the last few quarters - that's how it it appears) be influenced by MSFT need to renegotiate the royalty payments? Or is it driven by a desire for more complete control (acquisition) of the technology used?

I could see MVIS dropping a bit from the mid 4's to the mid 3's but no real reason it should be in the mid 2's as their balance sheet still shows a cash cushion (still with the absence of real revenue). Their acquisition of parts of IBEO seems to solidify their business plan (which seem to be missing in recent hit pieces).
I am aware that the market can/is manipulated for the benefit of "others", could this be in play (suppressing the stock price) so the employee stock options/benefits are delayed so some talent can be pirated by others in the business?

I am in for the long haul either way.

Link Posted: 1/6/2023 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The GP of UAN put out a new investor's presentation. It cites Q4 22 UAN and NH3 prices of approximately  $500 and $1100/ton. If the newly turned around plants ran with a high level of consistency, I would not rule out a $13 distribution last of Feb/first of March.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By rustyboy:
The GP of UAN put out a new investor's presentation. It cites Q4 22 UAN and NH3 prices of approximately  $500 and $1100/ton. If the newly turned around plants ran with a high level of consistency, I would not rule out a $13 distribution last of Feb/first of March.
View Quote

Tried to pick up more of this on yesterday's dip but missed.  I guess the X-date is about 10 Feb.  Always good to hear your thoughts on this one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Hypothetical...BBBY's bankruptcy would give them some protection from creditors, allow them to consolidate stores, fire any number of staff and potentially transition to an internet-only retailer.

There's also a lot of chatter on the usual suspects about "Gamestopping this bitch". The short interest numbers (which I NEVER believe, but...) are just over 57%.

Several pundits say their turnaround plan was too little, too late, and this patient is going to die on the table.

Would a thousand shares being throwing money into a roaring furnace? Speculation is the Chapter 11 filing is coming as early as this weekend.
View Quote

Chapter 11 seems to also allow them to "cancel" outstanding shares and become a private company, ala my GTT burn, so be careful.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Hypothetical...BBBY's bankruptcy would give them some protection from creditors, allow them to consolidate stores, fire any number of staff and potentially transition to an internet-only retailer.

There's also a lot of chatter on the usual suspects about "Gamestopping this bitch". The short interest numbers (which I NEVER believe, but...) are just over 57%.

Several pundits say their turnaround plan was too little, too late, and this patient is going to die on the table.

Would a thousand shares being throwing money into a roaring furnace? Speculation is the Chapter 11 filing is coming as early as this weekend.
View Quote

I bit the bullet and dumped 7K shares I had for a fat loss.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
One of the many IVAS articles that mentions 1.2 details

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/01/05/army-green-lights-an-advanced-version-of-its-mixed-reality-goggle/

A key number; "The Army anticipates procuring up to 121,500 units for close-combat forces over the coming years."
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 6:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#7]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

By the way, please do not proceed with anything based on what I am doing or saying.   I spend quite a bit of time determining whether putting money toward some of that stuff makes any sense for my specific situation and I realize there is a high risk some of those could be busts and I monitor the situations continuously to decide whether there should be a next move and what that should be - there is not a high probability that would work for anyone else's situation and/or risk tolerance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

By the way, please do not proceed with anything based on what I am doing or saying.   I spend quite a bit of time determining whether putting money toward some of that stuff makes any sense for my specific situation and I realize there is a high risk some of those could be busts and I monitor the situations continuously to decide whether there should be a next move and what that should be - there is not a high probability that would work for anyone else's situation and/or risk tolerance.

Originally Posted By jpcdmd:

I bit the bullet and dumped 7K shares I had for a fat loss.

Ugh
Still sitting on a few hundred shares
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Tried to pick up more of this on yesterday's dip but missed.  I guess the X-date is about 10 Feb.  Always good to hear your thoughts on this one.
View Quote

I believe Feb options will expire before they announce. Selling Feb puts.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 7:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#9]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

One of the many IVAS articles that mentions 1.2 details

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/01/05/army-green-lights-an-advanced-version-of-its-mixed-reality-goggle/

A key number; "The Army anticipates procuring up to 121,500 units for close-combat forces over the coming years."
View Quote

NVRMD, my math really does suck.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 7:46:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM-ARM-DPMS-guns] [#10]
Is NVRMD one of the USAF acronyms?
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
View Quote

I dont know but I bought shares in it
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 8:28:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: goodasgone81] [#12]
MicroVision CES 2023 Booth Presentation

Mvis booth presentation

I don't know the current status if mvis has officially without a doubt said thier tech is in ivas but that vid the guy has a slide saying mvis has worked with Microsoft and the department of defense
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Serious question for those who have been doing this a while. It's a known fact that the markets have always gone up and down, so what's the longest downturn you have rode out since you've been investing?

I started my portfolios during the highs of 2021, and then promptly got kicked in the dick in 2022. I've ate some losses, and others I've just kept and tried to "buy the dips". I understand the concept of lowering my cost basis to be in an even better position to have some gains when it bounces back.

For those who read the tea leaves, I mean, understand the charts and graphs, where are we heading? It seems like everyday there is a jobs report, or earnings report, or J Powell says something stupid, or Yellin says something stupid. And everyday, the markets react to that. Usually negatively.  
What do the long term guys think? What are the pro's thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 9:04:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tango:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tango:
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Link Posted: 1/6/2023 9:12:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#15]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsjIjU3Cfvw

Mvis booth presentation

I don't know the current status if mvis has officially without a doubt said thier tech is in ivas but that vid the guy has a slide saying mvis has worked with Microsoft and the department of defense
View Quote

MVIS had military contracts in 98'. One could assume they are talking about that, but I personally think they're talking about IVAS. Now the army is saying they want IVAS helmet mounted VS goggle mounted, which I don't think changes any of the core components of IVAS, moreso just the way its mounted so the form factor. They also want better software stability and better low light performance. I don't see how any of these three things can mean changing out the MVIS engine in time for 2025, but who knows. Sumit did declare us a Lidar only company. We will know by the end of this year when their contract runs out. Concensus is without a shadow of a doubt we are on IVAS. Hopefully we at least get the courtesy of a reach around from MS this time. I don't think Sumit will allow us to get take to the cleaners again
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Interdasting, there are a couple of serious wear points on the front left case of that Mavin. Base on my aircraft experience with fitting components into unreasonably small spaces, it's been shoe-horned into various configurations a couple of times. That isn't normal "handling" wear.

T_Delo wrote this about the component below it. He must have had a hard night, I've read it three times and still don't understand half of it, and not because of the technical complexity. This is some authentic frontier gibberish. If someone who actually understands what an ASIC is, and what it does, would like to explain I'd be grateful. I thought our ASIC was internal?

"That sensor at the bottom is an IbeoNEXT, smaller than a credit card in length by height, the size of which can be used to estimate the side of the smaller footprint Mavin shown there which I assume is an ASIC housing variant."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Oh shiiiiiit

source: [https://stocktwits.com/Jwinks\_/message/504896505]
>$MVIS ASIC form factor prototype. This is empty just a example. Confirmed to require little to no heat sinks depending on where placed in car

https://i.ibb.co/61Kq09m/RDT-20230106-1358324406864290218379735.jpg

Interdasting, there are a couple of serious wear points on the front left case of that Mavin. Base on my aircraft experience with fitting components into unreasonably small spaces, it's been shoe-horned into various configurations a couple of times. That isn't normal "handling" wear.

T_Delo wrote this about the component below it. He must have had a hard night, I've read it three times and still don't understand half of it, and not because of the technical complexity. This is some authentic frontier gibberish. If someone who actually understands what an ASIC is, and what it does, would like to explain I'd be grateful. I thought our ASIC was internal?

"That sensor at the bottom is an IbeoNEXT, smaller than a credit card in length by height, the size of which can be used to estimate the side of the smaller footprint Mavin shown there which I assume is an ASIC housing variant."

ASIC - application specific integrated circuit. It's a computer chip designed to specialize in one specific thing at the expense of everything else. Because it does just that one software suite, it can do it extremely fast.
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 10:36:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#17]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Serious question for those who have been doing this a while. It's a known fact that the markets have always gone up and down, so what's the longest downturn you have rode out since you've been investing?

I started my portfolios during the highs of 2021, and then promptly got kicked in the dick in 2022. I've ate some losses, and others I've just kept and tried to "buy the dips". I understand the concept of lowering my cost basis to be in an even better position to have some gains when it bounces back.

For those who read the tea leaves, I mean, understand the charts and graphs, where are we heading? It seems like everyday there is a jobs report, or earnings report, or J Powell says something stupid, or Yellin says something stupid. And everyday, the markets react to that. Usually negatively.  
View Quote

“Are we trading on fundamentals?” is the first question I’d ask myself because if the answer is no, it’s just irrational bullshit, pump and dumps, P/Es adopting “new normal” etc and no one can provide and answer
My investing adventure timeline (outside my 401k) is extremely similar to yours so i feel your pain

ETA: I’m also not buying intel and Pfizer and Costco. Mine are more akin to gambling lol
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:40:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:

View Quote

I started in 2022 on a brokerage with extra OT cash. Nothing crazy, just a few hundred more outside of my tax advantaged accounts every month.

I saw the market down 10% and started my etf positions. Then I bought some travel stocks that fell 25% and thought they couldn't drop further. Then some E-car stocks after liberal states went full tard on laws requiring them.

Now I just go with the Buffet approach. Higher capped stocks with a history of dividends that are positioned well and are a bargain.

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#19]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsjIjU3Cfvw

Mvis booth presentation

View Quote

The fact that MVIS is in IVAS is pretty well established conceptually...MSFT just can't get there (latency, FOV, clarity) without using LBS, but the MVIS spokesman drop enough hints to make it pretty clear.

He says, and this is a true and direct quote "...we also deliver core technologies to the US Department of Defense..." at 8:15.

He does NOT say, "...we have delivered core technologies...", in the past tense, which would be true and accurate if they weren't currently a supplier.

Pretty good presentation, overall. Interesting to me when he's comparing Lidar's evolution to seat belts and air bags. It isn't going to be about the convenience of self-driving cars, it's going to be the safety aspect that sells first. And you heard it here first

I chickened out of BBBY, by the way, so you guys are clear to make bank off the restructure. I have this weird feeling it's going to happen, but I don't have enough confidence in my "feeling" to stake real money on it.

For the time being I'm going to accumulate more NVRMD That was funny...
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Reviewed my 2023 Stock Traders Almanac this morning (been sitting on my desk for a few weeks cause I've been traveling and lazy). Statistically this should be a decent year across the market providing Murphy and Clownworld don't fuck us.

I wanna keep dumping money into SENS but I already have 30k shares. I'm also looking at JOBY (electric VSTOL) or VOLTA (EV charging/media) but I need to do more research to see if I wanna speculate on them. Virgin Galactic (SPCE) is another one I may relook at again. I made a pretty decent profit on them before they imploded last year. They are totally in the toilet and I'm having a hard time seeing them going down even further. I may put a couple grand into Tandem diabetes (TNDM) too. I am currently using their pump paired to a dexcom G6 and it's the best pump/cgm combo on the market right now. They're close to a 52 week low so definitely a good time to buy in for a long term hold.

If I was smart I'd throw my money into VTI. F, GM, AMZN, and GOOGL are on my radar too if I want to be less dumb with my money.

On a crypto side note my JASMY is still flat. I wish my damn ETH2 I have tied up on coinbase would unfuck itself too. I was hoping I could have been able to punch out of that for either another crypto speculation or move it back over to stock speculations but crypto in general has been a total fucking shitshow.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#22]

What's the hope here.... mavin sits on top? It's integrated into it?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:

I started in 2022 on a brokerage with extra OT cash. Nothing crazy, just a few hundred more outside of my tax advantaged accounts every month.

I saw the market down 10% and started my etf positions. Then I bought some travel stocks that fell 25% and thought they couldn't drop further. Then some E-car stocks after liberal states went full tard on laws requiring them.

Now I just go with the Buffet approach. Higher capped stocks with a history of dividends that are positioned well and are a bargain.

View Quote
I've been trying to buy some more of my mutuals and etfs that are packed with blue chip stocks. Since they are way down. And also some MVIS and AT&T. Because $T still has good dividends for a beginner like me. I also have a REIT that pays decent divs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 8:39:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#25]

View All Quotes

Well the hope is ZF buys MVIS for about 45 billion cause that will make me a millionaire with enough left over to pay taxes and stay a millionaire.

The reality is its likely nothing. I think it is called dot connecting. ZF group is one of the biggest Tier1s in the world. They have a big stake in IBEO who MVIS is in the process of acquiring. Looking at their Wiki page, ZF is not afraid to spend money to acquire companies. It's interesting just seeing the notches in their product and Mavin. I mean how many pieces of technology do you see notched out like that?
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Well the hope is ZF buys MVIS for about 45 billion cause that will make me a millionaire with enough left over to pay taxes and stay a millionaire.

The reality is its likely nothing. I think it is called dot connecting. ZF group is one of the biggest Tier1s in the world. They have a big stake in IBEO who MVIS is in the process of acquiring. Looking at their Wiki page, ZF is not afraid to spend money to acquire companies. It's interesting just seeing the notches in their product and Mavin. I mean how many pieces of technology do you see notched out like that?
View All Quotes

Nice to dream.... the notches don't match up to me,  so I was hoping I just wasn't seeing it and they actually matched up perfectly
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 11:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m1awolf] [#27]

Nice to dream.... the notches don't match up to me,  so I was hoping I just wasn't seeing it and they actually matched up perfectly
View All Quotes

No way they are going to bolt those two together and put them in the headliner . It makes sense to put mavin dr in the mirror pod in the headliner like many OEMS are already doing with lane assist cameras,and the AI/ASIC module will be located under the dash or in a kick panel somewhere.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:04:04 AM EDT
[#28]
@Osprey61 What do you think just one deal announcement would do to the price in this climate?  Everything seems grim
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Firebug93:
@Osprey61 What do you think just one deal announcement would do to the price in this climate?  Everything seems grim
View Quote

Even in this climate I would expect a rise,how much and how long it lasts is the question. It is completely dependent on the type of deal,who the deal is with and how much the deal is worth. Toss in the unknown potential for a short squeeze and who knows where it ends up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:36:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fantomas] [#30]
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Thanks for that - intense and thought provoking.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#32]
The MVIS guys at CES allowed one of us to open the case and put his credit card (ironic, eh?) on top of the new prototype Mavin DR. I was pretty amazed...especially after watching the Ibeo test bed with three sensors mounted in the (rock zone) bumper of their vehicle.

Attachment Attached File

The R/MVIS cultists immediately sprang into action, and used some measurement software to come to a consensus measurement of 5.3" length, by 4.3" width, by 1.73" height. In light of the fact that it matches, or exceeds, the entire FOV and the dynamic ranging covers the near/mid/distant coverage of those three independent sensors in the IBEO test bed is just stunning.

This made me laugh...
“How did you get such great resolution, range, and latency?”

“Easy, I just put Sumit’s LIDAR inside my LIDAR.” — MobileEye Rep

But what I really keyed on in that high resolution photo is the wear on that case. That thing has been repeatedly fitted, and I'd guess in every conceivable configuration. Volvo may try selling a taxicab hump, but the high end OEMs aren't buying it. They want seamless integration, and I think we're just about there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#33]

This made me laugh...

View Quote

Was this conversation supposed to be read in the voices of Joker and the Door Gunner on FMJ? Because I did.

Get some!
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

Even in this climate I would expect a rise,how much and how long it lasts is the question. It is completely dependent on the type of deal,who the deal is with and how much the deal is worth. Toss in the unknown potential for a short squeeze and who knows where it ends up.
View Quote

This. The ugly reality is the mostly SPAC-funded lidar sector is, in the main, running aground on the rocky shores of under-performance, exorbitant cash burn and slower-than-expected adoption. That may well play to our strength. A deal announcement with a major could easily spark both a squeeze and a rush to reallocate capital, at least until the reality of the very long automotive component integration process really hits home. And that's if we're able to remain independent long enough to ink the paperwork. Right now we're an increasingly shiny minnow in a pond full of hungry bass, and there's some real danger at this badly depressed share price.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Was this conversation supposed to be read in the voices of Joker and the Door Gunner on FMJ? Because I did.

Get some!
View Quote

You talk the talk but do you walk the walk?

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:13:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m1awolf] [#36]

This. The ugly reality is the mostly SPAC-funded lidar sector is, in the main, running aground on the rocky shores of under-performance, exorbitant cash burn and slower-than-expected adoption. That may well play to our strength. A deal announcement with a major could easily spark both a squeeze and a rush to reallocate capital, at least until the reality of the very long automotive component integration process really hits home. And that's if we're able to remain independent long enough to ink the paperwork. Right now we're an increasingly shiny minnow in a pond full of hungry bass, and there's some real danger at this badly depressed share price.
View All Quotes

This is probably my biggest concern. One of those bass (MSFT) could have be responsible for the continued shorting and decline in share price while simultaneously buying enough shares for a hostile takeover at this reduced share price,leaving a large portion of retail (myself included) holding the bag. I could be completely off the mark on how that may play out but until this gets over $7.42 I am underwater 100%.

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]

This is probably my biggest concern. One of those bass (MSFT) could have be responsible for the continued shorting and decline in share price while simultaneously buying enough shares for a hostile takeover at this reduced share price,leaving a large portion of retail (myself included) holding the bag.

View Quote

Certainly a possibility, however, they can't do both simultaneously.
The buying required to mount a take over has NOT occurred, even in the dark pools.
Plus I think enough of MVIS is institutional owned that MSFT will/would have pressure the buy side enough to be more than noticeable.
Then we could sic the toothless SEC on them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:15:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#38]

This is probably my biggest concern. One of those bass (MSFT) could have be responsible for the continued shorting and decline in share price while simultaneously buying enough shares for a hostile takeover at this reduced share price,leaving a large portion of retail (myself included) holding the bag. I could be completely off the mark on how that may play out but until this gets over $7.42 I am underwater 100%.

View Quote

Damn. Haven't heard anyone mention a hostile takeover in a year to year and  a half now. I dont even think that's a possibility at this point. MSFT contract expiring at the end of this year. IVAS, HL3, I can't imagine that vertical is worth anything less than 2-3 billion. I don't think Sumit is going to lay on his back and let Microsoft pet the companies belly this time, either.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#39]
Originally Posted By Total53:

https://media.giphy.com/media/lsVjoTBa8nkyI/giphy.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Total53:

https://media.giphy.com/media/lsVjoTBa8nkyI/giphy.gif

Wrong scene.

How can you shoot women and children
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Wrong scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1YCl-RP1jY
View Quote

Well I was quoting my favorite scene...
You talk the talk ; do you walk the walk ?
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Is this just rehashing old complaints about early versions of IVAS?  This article makes it sound like the soldiers testing the system hate it. Is there anything from soldiers saying they like it?  Maybe this is just a handful of guys?
https://futurism.com/the-byte/army-ordering-microsoft-ar-redesign

Referenced article from October:
https://futurism.com/the-byte/microsoft-headset-disaster-military-test
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 5:49:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#42]
Originally Posted By armstrong001:
Is this just rehashing old complaints about early versions of IVAS?  This article makes it sound like the soldiers testing the system hate it. Is there anything from soldiers saying they like it?  Maybe this is just a handful of guys?
https://futurism.com/the-byte/army-ordering-microsoft-ar-redesign

Referenced article from October:
https://futurism.com/the-byte/microsoft-headset-disaster-military-test
View Quote

Yea, it's a hit piece based on bits and pieces from early testing. Saying that, even the early IVAS went through three or four STPs (soldier touch points...real world evaluation and feedback from the end users) with very little real negative feedback. That's the only reference I've ever seen to the "glowing green targets" bit. It's not even a consideration in the Army's most recent task order to MSFT for upgrade, which is almost all software and form factor (lighter weight, and ski goggle to helmet mount).

I'd have to go back and find the reference, but there was (is?) a small but vocal group of Microsoft employees who raised hell about the company producing "a weapon of war". Not kidding. Some of them went beyond merely voicing their opposition, and began actively trying to undermine the program. I don't remember what came out of it, but the "anon" Microsoft source is almost certainly one of them.

Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#43]
What’s a decent UAN buy price? $102?
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Ocugen (NASDAQ:OCGN) added ~15% pre-market, after announcing that a U.S. trial for the COVID-19 vaccine candidate the company develops with India’s Bharat Biotech reached both co-primary endpoints in a Phase 2/3 clinical trial.

The randomized study involving 419 U.S. adults was designed to evaluate the effect of two doses of COVAXIN or placebo given 28 days apart.

According to the topline data, COVAXIN reached the co-primary immunogenicity endpoints in the study, exceeding the non-inferiority limits for antibody generation and seroconversion rates.

In terms of safety, there were no vaccine-related serious adverse events, thrombotic events, or cases of myocarditis or pericarditis.

The company noted that COVAXIN, an inactivated form of COVID-19 vaccine, offers a broader immune response compared to currently approved COVID shots in the U.S.

Ocugen (OCGN) added that topline data from this immuno-bridging and broadening study would support the company’s plans for COVAXIN in the U.S.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 8:07:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#45]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
What’s a decent UAN buy price? $102?
View Quote

I think that's  good price - I am trying to pick up more in that area, I think it was under $100 for a bit recently.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#46]
AMYT finally getting bought out. Nice to finally be able to get out of that. Frees up about 100k.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Ocugen (NASDAQ:OCGN) added ~15% pre-market, after announcing that a U.S. trial for the COVID-19 vaccine candidate the company develops with India’s Bharat Biotech reached both co-primary endpoints in a Phase 2/3 clinical trial.

The randomized study involving 419 U.S. adults was designed to evaluate the effect of two doses of COVAXIN or placebo given 28 days apart.

According to the topline data, COVAXIN reached the co-primary immunogenicity endpoints in the study, exceeding the non-inferiority limits for antibody generation and seroconversion rates.

In terms of safety, there were no vaccine-related serious adverse events, thrombotic events, or cases of myocarditis or pericarditis.

The company noted that COVAXIN, an inactivated form of COVID-19 vaccine, offers a broader immune response compared to currently approved COVID shots in the U.S.

Ocugen (OCGN) added that topline data from this immuno-bridging and broadening study would support the company’s plans for COVAXIN in the U.S.
View Quote

Seems like 419 people is a low number compared to the other larger pharmas
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:

Agreed.  There were more personnel than that on the Starship Enterprise
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#49]
TGTX on a bit of a run today.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:05:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#50]
Wow, I had to go in and verify all of these, but it's true. A couple are up a few cents today, but this is getting ugly for the SPACs. I have a feeling when the dominoes start to fall it's going to be quick.

"Who is going down next?

AEye trading at 55 cents Velodyne trading at 79 cents Ouster trading at 95 cents Cepton trading at $1.24 Aeva trading at $1.27"

I happened on that comment looking for a CES wrap-up written by an attendee named Speeeeedislife. For those that accuse all these discussions of being badly silo'd, this guy is a very straight shooter. I'm not sure I agree with his valuation comments but it's well worth reading for a solid appreciation of where all the players stand right now. His money comments are based almost solely on share price as a function of market cap (I think), which keeps them very low. No animal spirits, no squeeze, no consideration of the effects of consolidation, or money redistribution into speculative investments.

He has a good grasp of the technical fundamentals, and who has what going one...spoiler alert, almost all of the players with one or two exceptions are fighting near-fatal flaws if they can't get them resolved. 1550 nanometer lasers ($$$), mechanical spinning mirrors, size, low frequency, no software...the list goes on and on. He tends to believe Cepton is our biggest competitor from a technical standpoint, with one or two others running a distant third. He also notes there are several Asian companies in production, making good-enough (cheap) sensors for their native market. Probably lucrative, but not a threat.

That's actually okay. Sumit has said several times this isn't a zero-sum game...the odds are high that two or three companies will probably divided the available market when all is said and done. We remain odds-on favorite to be one of them, and probably at the higher end of the OEM segment.

Well worth reading, even if the tech part is a little slow going.

Serious discussion of where we stand
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top