Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1700
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:21:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
Just remember there's a good chance a lot of this upward trend is investors looking for great news, not just good news. Even with "good news" I'm expecting the stock to slide back some
View Quote

Thats certainly possible but not the historic norm of most stocks.(the overnight/EXT, might/should be telling)

I put in enough orders to cancel my stocks in the EXT.(on the upside)

I look to sell if trading is high above the close and Buy if trading below the Daily low.

TGTX Sells filled so far:

I've been running between 1700-1800 shares, currently 1725
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Sweet. I'll just use my imagination.
View Quote

I just spit out my water
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

I just spit out my water
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Sweet. I'll just use my imagination.

I just spit out my water

Ya forklifts with movia. Not much there to imagine.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 4Teen_R:
Apple cancels work on electric car

(Bloomberg) -- Apple Inc. is canceling a decadelong effort to build an electric car, according to people with knowledge of the matter, abandoning one of the most ambitious projects in the history of the company.

Apple made the disclosure internally Tuesday, surprising the nearly 2,000 employees working on the project, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the announcement wasn’t public.

The decision was shared by Chief Operating Officer Jeff Williams and Kevin Lynch, a vice president in charge of the effort, according to the people.

The two executives told staffers that the project will begin winding down and that many employees on the car team — known as the Special Projects Group, or SPG — will be shifted to the artificial intelligence division under executive John Giannandrea. Those employees will focus on generative AI projects, an increasingly key priority for the company.
View Quote

They found out a car is a hell of a lot more complicated than a cell phone.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:49:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmsnare] [#5]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

View Quote

And LAZR's CEO found out how complex COGS is per their EC.

Listening to LAZR EC, and CEO cuts off GS analyst well into their next question to say nothing of value.  MVIS may not say much very often, but seeing the contrast is pretty intriguing.

ETA: CEO just jumped in and cut off the call moderator too, several seconds into pivoting back to analysts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Even most of the bullish people on stocktwits is saying lazr EC was horrid
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

View Quote

Apple spends $16B every year on R&D the car made sense to them from a "we can do Level 4 ADAS because we are Apple and great at software".
Well guess what they can't do Level 4 and were going to have Level 2+ in an EV 4 years from now, except....
The profit margin wasn't where Apple expects it to be so they shit canned it.
Stock price immediately jumped up 2+% as investors knew they were chasing a unicorn.
2000 worker to be absorbed by their AI group or laid off.
Most vehicle type hardware engineers are SOL.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#8]
Even most of the bullish people on stocktwits is saying lazr EC was horrid
View Quote

There are 136 comments about it on R/MVIS. The one I liked best said (para) "Tom (the CFO) is going to stab Austin Russel in the neck with a pencil during one of these quarterlies when Austin interrupts him again and starts babbling."

Some serious ugliness, too.
- pretty candid confession that Luminar's much hyped "order book" was based in part on "non-binding verbal agreements and reasonable expression of commitment." Holy hell, how do they not get class-actioned for that kind of deception?
- a very oddly worded comment about "not seeking new customers, but concentrating on execution", which came across as front-running the loss of most, if not all, RFQs. Looks like all their eggs are in the Volvo XC-90 basket, and I just saw a picture...the hump is not good.
- Austin actually did say "The amount of stuff you actually have to put into or include in COGS, is confusing. It's way more stuff than I thought..."

They're also burning money, still. In fact one of their stretch goals seems to be getting the bonfire under control.

Anyway, to be honest I don't care about their burning ship, I just want Sumit and Anubhav to bring their best game tomorrow. Nobody is expecting miracles, but I have a bad feeling that call probably rattled a lot of investors in the sector as a whole.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Some company has to be left as the industry leader... might as well be MVIS.

Yes, fan boy here... this is one of my gambles not an investment.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:43:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#10]
TG Therapeutics reports Q4 results
Feb. 28, 2024 7:03 AM ETTG Therapeutics, Inc. (TGTX) StockBy: Manshi Mamtora, CFA

TG Therapeutics press release (NASDAQ:TGTX): Q4 GAAP EPS of -$0.09 beats by $0.02.
   Revenue of $43.97M
   Cash Position and Financial Guidance: Cash, cash equivalents and investment securities were $217.5 million as of December 31, 2023.

2024 Target BRIUMVI Guidance
       BRIUMVI U.S. net product revenue target of approximately $220 million to $260 million for the full year 2024
       Full year 2024 target operating expense of approximately $250 million

Approximately 3200 BRIUMVI prescriptions received by the TG Therapeutics hub since launch, from approximately 640 healthcare providers at approximately 400 centers
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By oldno7:

Thats certainly possible but not the historic norm of most stocks.(the overnight/EXT, might/should be telling)

I look to sell if trading is high above the close and Buy if trading below the Daily low.

https://i.gyazo.com/9c887c1c95ea1d751ddd05337fe18d7e.png

View All Quotes
Just remember there's a good chance a lot of this upward trend is investors looking for great news, not just good news. Even with "good news" I'm expecting the stock to slide back some

https://i.gyazo.com/9c887c1c95ea1d751ddd05337fe18d7e.png

She's up 46 cents - 14.37
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:09:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#12]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

She's up 46 cents - 14.37
View Quote

Had Sells in @ $14.5x-$1489(filled)

Had Buys @ $13.34, $13.29(filled)

I should have stacked more Buys.

Will be Buying more on solid Buy signals.

Sounds like decent and growing revenue.

Might not be enough to vault into the $30's But it seems $20's may be possible(been there on less)

edit--folks must have liked the Call.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Innoviz up 20% this morning off a good year end report, Luminar down 11%, for reasons already posted .
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, TGTX coming to life.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Holding 1765 shares and enjoying the ride, thus far.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Must have been a good conference call, started up right as it ended
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Should be good for a little beer and fuel.(been up around $8000 in 15 minutes)
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

I was able to grab some premarket in the $13's.  Maybe flip those, but I don't mind being in this for the longer term
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Managed 275% on that TGTX calls on the big spike after open. Glad I got out for that. The volume for those calls were very low and the price fell right after it filled.

It may go more, but profit is profit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#20]

I was able to grab some premarket in the $13's.  Maybe flip those, but I don't mind being in this for the longer term
View Quote

Took a little proft-$18.60-$18.87 because I like putting money in my acct.

Still running with 1735 shares and I agree, looking longer term, maybe clear into next week
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:11:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Still running with 1735 shares and I agree, looking longer term, maybe clear into next week
View All Quotes

Nice job guys
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like my TGTX puts are safe

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#23]
The Bosch/MVIS connection in play?

Industrial conglomerate Bosch is partnering with Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) to expand generative artificial intelligence to make autonomous driving safer and more intuitive.
   Bosch will contribute its understanding of vehicles and vehicle components to Microsoft’s (MSFT) expertise in generative AI to develop autonomous driving systems that can not only detect objects in the road but determine if a situation could be potentially dangerous and lead to an accident.

The generative AI collaboration expands on an existing relationship between Germany’s Bosch and Microsoft (MSFT) to develop a universal software platform for connecting vehicles to the cloud. The platform is based on Microsoft Azure and incorporates Bosch’s software modules to enable vehicle data to be developed and downloaded to the vehicle’s control units and computers.
   Bosch is already working on more than 120 specific applications using AI models such as chatbots that can interact with customers and technicians.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By NIevo:
Looks like my TGTX puts are safe

View Quote

I sold more of the $12 puts for this week after I posted Monday once they got north of $0.60. Closed them all at the open for <$0.10.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#25]
What would Vegas think?  

MVIS over/under -0.09

Maybe there’s money to be made on side bets.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Industrial conglomerate Bosch is partnering with Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) to expand generative artificial intelligence to make autonomous driving safer and more intuitive.
   Bosch will contribute its understanding of vehicles and vehicle components to Microsoft’s (MSFT) expertise in generative AI to develop autonomous driving systems that can not only detect objects in the road but determine if a situation could be potentially dangerous and lead to an accident.

The generative AI collaboration expands on an existing relationship between Germany’s Bosch and Microsoft (MSFT) to develop a universal software platform for connecting vehicles to the cloud. The platform is based on Microsoft Azure and incorporates Bosch’s software modules to enable vehicle data to be developed and downloaded to the vehicle’s control units and computers.
   Bosch is already working on more than 120 specific applications using AI models such as chatbots that can interact with customers and technicians.
View Quote

Could Bosch be the German link?  Could MVIS and MSFT have a larger relationship than we think!?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:

Could Bosch be the German link?  Could MVIS and MSFT have a larger relationship than we think!?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mpnelson81:

StopIcanonlygetsoerrect.gif

If that is happening, I would hope Summit stands his ground and tells MSFT that it isn't coming cheap this time...
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#28]
So the MVIS earnings call is at the same time as close of the market today?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:
View All Quotes

The Company will subsequently hold a conference call and webcast, consisting of prepared remarks by management, a slide presentation, and a question-and-answer session at 1:30 PM PT/4:30 PM ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2024 to discuss the financial results and provide a business update. Analysts and investors may pose questions for management during the live webcast on February 28, 2024, and may submit questions HERE in advance of the conference call.

These things always happen during my drive home, I'll have to check in later for the remarks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I'm more concerned with cash burn than earnings.
They used about $20 million last quarter and had around $80 left
Sumit pushed back earnings from $12 million beginning of 23 to half that based on the economy/buyers
If a deal doesn't happen in the first half of '24 they'll be out of money and need to issue more stock in the $2 range
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

I'm more concerned with cash burn than earnings.
They used about $20 million last quarter and had around $80 left
Sumit pushed back earnings from $12 million beginning of 23 to half that based on the economy/buyers
If a deal doesn't happen in the first half of '24 they'll be out of money and need to issue more stock in the $2 range
View Quote

Oh snap. Thank you for layman’s terms.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:11:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know if it's through official chains or "leaked", but right around close the figures will be out even before the meeting
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Got a little bit - TGTX in at 13.49 and out at 17.69.  I was stupid and held out too long.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#35]
Microvision GAAP EPS of -$0.10, revenue of $5.1M
Feb. 28, 2024 4:05 PM ETMicroVision, Inc. (MVIS) StockBy: Manshi Mamtora, CFA

Microvision press release (NASDAQ:MVIS): Q4 GAAP EPS of -$0.10.
   Revenue of $5.1M, compared to 0 last year same quarter.
   Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2023 was a $13.6 million loss, compared to a $9.7 million loss for the fourth quarter of 2022.
   Cash used in operations in the fourth quarter of 2023 was $16.6 million, compared to cash used in operations in the fourth quarter of 2022 of $8.4 million.
   The Company ended the fourth quarter of 2023 with $73.8 million in cash and cash equivalents including investment securities, compared to $82.7 million at December 31, 2022.

Oh, and this;

Net loss for the fourth quarter of 2023 was $19.7 million, or $0.10 per share, which includes $4.6 million of non-cash, share-based compensation expense, compared to a net loss of $13.5 million, or $0.08 per share, which includes $3.5 million of non-cash, share-based compensation expense, for the fourth quarter of 2022.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh boy.  Who called it in a previous post?

From MVIS earnings...
"Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2023 was $5.1 million, compared to zero for the fourth quarter of 2022 primarily driven by revenue related to our contract with Microsoft. As stated in prior quarters, no new cash was received in connection with this contract; the revenue was recognized against cash that had been received in an earlier period."
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#37]
SNOW.....ooof.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#38]
And this tidbit:

"We are very pleased with what our global team accomplished in 2023. We are now actively engaged in nine automotive RFQs, including some of the largest global OEMs, with a key focus on passenger vehicles with our MAVIN and MOVIA products," said Sumit Sharma, MicroVision's Chief Executive Officer. "The maturity of our products and our several decades of operating history continue to be a clear differentiator for MicroVision and position us well in the marketplace to win."
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:17:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldno7] [#39]
MVIS

So burned through almost double the cash from prior year and still no real income.

Missed earnings est. as well

Everything else is just words and hopium.

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I like hopium, but I’m not gambling the farm.

I’m not even gambling the donkey
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:

View Quote

I hear ya, I play MVIS almost daily, rarely hold more than 2, Theres much better companies to make money with, if thats the goal.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#42]

I hear ya, I play MVIS almost daily, rarely hold more than 2, Theres much better companies to make money with, if thats the goal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:

I thought the goal was moon lambo jkg
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Closing in on a quarter mil after hours volume and it's not tanked.... at least so far the response hasn't been terrible
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:

I thought the goal was moon lambo jkg
View Quote

The goal is ALWAYS moon lambo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Summit is convinced they have the best product, only problem is no one is going to be buying in volume until at least 2026 or 2027 and MVIS doesn't have the cash to last that long. Get ready for more dilution.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By snakes19:
Summit is convinced they have the best product, only problem is no one is going to be buying in volume until at least 2026 or 2027 and MVIS doesn't have the cash to last that long. Get ready for more dilution.
View Quote

John Delorean was convinced he had the best product as well.(And might have)

It's not easy to market the unknown.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Well they just said Microsoft is dead. Hooray
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Closing in on a quarter mil after hours volume and it's not tanked.... at least so far the response hasn't been terrible
View Quote

Up 4.65% AH as I type this. Lol
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:11:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#49]
If there is one thing you can take to the bank, Sumit doesn't lie. He doesn't even exaggerate, and I continue to be amazed at how well he predicted the evolution of the industry over the last two years.

I took a lot of notes.
- MVIS competing for nine current RFQs, no low volume/NRE; all OEMs are either NA or EU, several are largest in the industry
- EVs and surplus inventory are forcing EOMs to retrench, however, nothing is slowing lidar sensor adoption
- Multiple lidar SPACs have, or are, failing; all of the rotating mirror/non-solid state tech is being abandoned
- OEMs are walking away from their early lidar agreements and commitments; companies did not live up to their expectations
- Microvision products meet or exceed all OEM specifications, NOW; too late for "we are developing...", cannot meet manufacturing timelines
- L4 is being abandoned for the time being; reset concentration is on L2+ and L3, driver assist and safety
- Embedded software is the key to margin success; competitors were caught flat-footed, and NRE/small contract wins are not sustainable; MVIS Perception Software is here, NOW
- $16.6M cash burn Q4/23; $93M in cash and cash equivalent now, estimated 2024 cash burn $65M to $70M...runway through 1Q25
- $3M in existing product backlog, principally Movia
- Highway pilot and drive by wire shelved for the time being: no industry appetite for new, R&D intensive tech

Here are the two to really pay attention to.
- All nine RFQs have to be decided in 2024; pushing decision further out will not meet manufacturing timelines
- ***Sumit reaffirmed MVIS will win an RFQ nomination in 1Q/2024...there are 32 days left in this quarter.***

On Microsoft, Anubhav said something incredibly cryptic: "Contract expired. We have no visibility into future revenue". Damned if that doesn't sound like the DoD has slammed the door closed on disclosure. What happens next is anyone's guess.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:
Well they just said Microsoft is dead. Hooray
View Quote

Riiight.

Tell ya what, I'll give you $0.50 for every one of your dead shares. I'm only doing that because I sense your disappointment
Page / 1700
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top