Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1687
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
So, what's the end game on BBIG?  I've only got 80 shares at the moment.  I've gained a 50% return, but wondering what you big ballers are looking for to sell?  Since I don't have enough shares to sell a call, I won't have that option to make a few extra bucks.

Is there a projected value for the stock you all are looking for, or is it more of a wait for it to shoot up like Gamestop and try to sell near the peak?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Any chance of DPLS dipping back into the .07s? I guess when it's only .03 cents away at this price it doesn't matter when you grab shares.
View Quote

That's what I'm waiting for.  I bought back in the last <$0.07 dip and sold a couple weeks ago when it was barcoding in the $0.14 area.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Any chance of DPLS dipping back into the .07s? I guess when it's only .03 cents away at this price it doesn't matter when you grab shares.
View Quote

There's always a chance, but I don't think so.  HARD bounce this morning after dipping into the .09xx.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
FOMO got me on BBIG
Bought $11 weeklies
Chart looked to good to pass up
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

Good news, time for it to get shorted back down to $3 on that good news.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:
s2tupid posted a video of Microvision live LIDAR display:

https://streamable.com/paywxe

He also got the competitors' examples:

Velodyne

Continental

Luminars

ETA: Density on the other two looks nowhere as good as MVIS

Good news, time for it to get shorted back down to $3 on that good news.

Which one, MVIS or the others?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I feel like we are going the moon. Really wish I could buy my calls back.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#8]
BBIG busted through $12

ETA: Whoa
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Take profits?  Stand fast?  What lessons have I learned about this?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 70satvert:
BBIG busted through $12
View Quote

Making a run for 13 now
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
View Quote

Diamond hands son.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jb31:

There's always a chance, but I don't think so.  HARD bounce this morning after dipping into the .09xx.
View Quote

Correct...there's heavy support at .09.

Bad news could make it dip but there's no technical analysis reason why it will dip below .09.

I suspect some of this is the doldrums of September.

If you're buying on fundamentals then .07 vs .11 doesn't matter.  It only mattered to me when I was day trading it.  I could take really large positions where a couple of cents made me a $1k.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Average cost of $9.09 on 76 shares of BBIG..... I'm riding it till $50 per share or $0.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:26:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 13MIKE:

Diamond hands son.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 13MIKE:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Diamond hands son.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Well $12.40 didn't last long...
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#17]

I only speak the reality of what happens any time good news comes out on MVIS since they have no idea how to hype up investors.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TW200:

Calling AC. We need a nut punch on alse 3.

I only speak the reality of what happens any time good news comes out on MVIS since they have no idea how to hype up investors.

I agree no punch is warranted at this time.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:30:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:

ETA: Density on the other ones looks nowhere as good as MVIS
View Quote

That's quite a difference... Show me the money!
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mrkma:
Well $12.40 didn't last long...
View Quote

Looks like profit taking.  I'm holding.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:
BBIG $15 by tomorrow? Too bad I can't buy anymore right now.
View Quote

Sold the last of my covered calls for $15 this friday $125/contract
Hopefully I'll buy them back and do it again tomorrow
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
View Quote

No ragrats! I sold 3 @  $2.00. Still going to be up on the shares when they execute. However....if it does start dipping enough a buy back is still a possibility.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Kicking myself for not buying my calls back yesterday.  66% of my shares are locked up right now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jb31:

Looks like profit taking.  I'm holding.
View Quote

So many shorts screwed. So many calls needing to be covered.  I
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:

Kicking myself for not buying my calls back yesterday.  66% of my shares are locked up right now.
View Quote

I'm trying trade 100 shares for 3 calls and it won't let me.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Proud owner of 87 DPLS shares, while I wait for another $200 to settle before buying more. It's annoying you cannot buy otcs without settled cash and it has to be a limit order.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1969GTX] [#26]
Oh look. ME is red again.

I'm holding Mavis and definately not adding to the pile of shares I have.

Rolled my AMC $ into BBIG today @ $10.50

Holding dpls as well. Hasn't done much in a while after I added shares.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

My ME, HCMC, INND, LTNC, and MINE say Diamond Hands are not always the best moves.... I'm a small fish but between them I've lost a brand new Glock 17.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:38:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#28]
Sold some losers, sold a covered call bought 100 more BBIG.

ETA: Sold my ME for a decent loss and my SENS for a tiny profit. Another decent dip and I’ll dump my MVIS at a loss, sell another covered call and buy another 100 shares.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Vinco Ventures pops to new high as merger details build on meme buzz

Vinco Ventures (BBIG +14.8%) raced to a new high of $12.21 early in today's session before settling back.
There was some fundamental news for meme traders to latch on to as the company provided a corporate update in a new investor presentation. In a nutshell, Vinco’s B.I.G. (Buy. Innovate. Grow.) strategy is to seek acquisition opportunities that are poised for scale and in line with the "Be Big" tactic. BBIG's annual proxy shows a capitalization table with 80,601,673 shares outstanding and $127M in cash vs. the $120M in debt related to the Lomo acquisition.

BBIG has been consistently on the list of most-discussed stocks on Reddit's WallStreetBets and Stocktwits. The relative strength index on BBIG is blazing hot at almost 80.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#30]

I'm so pissed I can't buy the dip.

I hope $10.55 is support. It was old resistance.
View Quote

Man what a ride, and just think we are just getting started!

I put some more buys in @$10.50 this morn and luckily they hit. And I officially sold all of my zom off and converted to bbig.
This thing is wild! Like bursting with energy! It’s coiled up like a pissed off cobra! Im telling you today is the day to buy in… im contemplating one last buy in.
Tomorrow will be like yesterday.
Friday will be insanity !
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:46:21 PM EDT
[#31]

ETA: Sold my ME for a decent loss and my SENS for a tiny profit. Another decent dip and I’ll dump my MVIS at a loss, sell another covered call and buy another 100 shares.
View Quote

I'm stuck with Mavis at least until Sept 17 when my call expires out of the money.

I'm down too much on ME to sell. I'm stuck with that piece of shit until it either goes up or disappears.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#32]

I didn't think they could sell them for a bit.
View Quote

Oct 1st would be the day… and at this volume theyd be swallowed in a day and spit out
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

I'm stuck with Mavis at least until Sept 17 when my call expires out of the money.

I'm down too much on ME to sell. I'm stuck with that piece of shit until it either goes up or disappears.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By myfakename:

My Sept 17th calls are at 60% at this rate they might be in the buy to close range by end of this week (75-80% and I'll probably buy to close).
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Welcome aboard.  The shorts are still short.  We are still up big on the week.  I was really hoping to stay above 11.  See what happens.  

TD playing games with my margin to get me to sell shares back.  Nice trick. That couldn't possibly have anything to do with all those fail to delivers.
View Quote

😲
Just imagine when our arfcom whales (amongst others) start exercising their options!
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

My ME, HCMC, INND, LTNC, and MINE say Diamond Hands are not always the best moves.... I'm a small fish but between them I've lost a brand new Glock 17.
View Quote

Haha, I’ve lost a nicely optioned full size SUV.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#36]

I think so.  $11 BBIG makes so many calls in the money for next. And it seems to be settling there today.
View Quote

So a buddy is telling me this stock is a dog, and the price spike is via manipulation and to get out. I have 50 shares at $8 and 45 at $11 for an average of $9.42. I have a sell order at $15 in case it has a stupid spike, and if it drops to $10 I'll dump out.

Is this a decent investment or just a quick flip as it bounces around?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#37]
A question if I may.

Given that the shorts have access to the same info as everyone else, and are likely more sophisticated traders than the average retail investor, why would they keep doubling down on their BBIG position rather than unwind at the first hint of becoming a squeeze target?

Especially in light of what happened with the likes of GME and AMC?

If anything, one would think once they became a target for a short squeeze, they would unwind their short positions and turn it into a pump and dump on the hype to recover whatever losses they incurred from the initial short trade.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:06:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Proud owner of 87 DPLS shares, while I wait for another $200 to settle before buying more. It's annoying you cannot buy otcs without settled cash and it has to be a limit order.
View Quote

That must be your broker. I don't have these issues
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:07:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#39]
Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:
A question if I may.

Given that the shorts have access to the same info as everyone else, and are likely more sophisticated traders than the average retail investor, why would they keep doubling down on their BBIG position rather than unwind at the first hint of becoming a squeeze target?

If anything, one would think once they became a target for a short squeeze, they would unwind their short positions and turn it into a pump and dump on the hype to recover whatever losses they incurred from the initial short trade.
View Quote

It's the mindset - for those of us who are long, we  buy a position expecting that to increase in value.  If the price goes below our buy in price, what are we thinking?  Some might execute a stop-loss and depart the position  but many who are dedicated would double down - correct?  Buy another tranche at the lower price to lower their average cost basis.  In other words unless the thesis has changed, we are still in it for the higher price.  A short might think similar, but shorting more to double down and move their cost basis down as long as their investment theses hasn't radically changed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

To be fair, ME is in a completely different realm than the other tickers you mentioned.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Technically HCMC is still working on the lawsuit there is still hope.
Out of the rest id consider keeping ME.. at some point it should recover… the others id strongly consider a point to get out of each.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:

That must be your broker. I don't have these issues
View Quote

Seems to be a Fidelity thing I guess.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

Man what a ride, and just think we are just getting started!

I put some more buys in @$10.50 this morn and luckily they hit. And I officially sold all of my zom off and converted to bbig.
This thing is wild! Like bursting with energy! It’s coiled up like a pissed off cobra! Im telling you today is the day to buy in… im contemplating one last buy in.
Tomorrow will be like yesterday.
Friday will be insanity !
View Quote

Looks like falling back to resistance now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

So a buddy is telling me this stock is a dog, and the price spike is via manipulation and to get out. I have 50 shares at $8 and 45 at $11 for an average of $9.42. I have a sell order at $15 in case it has a stupid spike, and if it drops to $10 I'll dump out.

Is this a decent investment or just a quick flip as it bounces around?
View Quote

It's  a short squeeze play. It is manipulation.  Who know what the stock will do in the long run.   Make some money walk away if you think it's right.  

I want to own it forever and sell calls on it after the squeeze is over.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:19:31 PM EDT
[#45]
A question if I may.

View Quote

It's really hard to unwind it now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:19:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTech-1] [#46]
A question if I may.

View Quote

I pretty much posted this yesterday in stocktwits and added that 2021 we will take down wall street. This is really bad for whatever hedge fund(s) get trapped
It’s crazy it’s really a them vs us movement and im sick and tired of them controlling this game at their whim. It’s our turn.

Eta: posts were flying in hundreds per minute… my post was getting shared and liked like crazy man.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#47]
300 shares and two covered calls now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#48]

It's  a short squeeze play. It is manipulation.  Who know what the stock will do in the long run.   Make some money walk away if you think it's right.  

I want to own it forever and sell calls on it after the squeeze is over.
View Quote

How low do you see it going? Back into the $1-$5 range?

I can dump out with a small profit now and buy back on a major dip. This is in my IRA, so not money I'm looking to withdraw for another 15-20 years. I need to make some good profits to recover from the financial devastation of cancer. I know that will entail risk, but I don't see me banking enough to retire well on without taking some risk. I'm just curious as to what you think the risk exposure is with this stock at the moment? In the end, it's not even $1,000 bucks invested, but it all adds up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:28:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: colt_thompson] [#49]
Bought some  $10 September 17 calls on the drop . Paid $220

And just bought back all my BBIG covered calls and puts

Hopefully power hour is strong
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh and one hedge fund might be getting revenge in another for GME and AMC.
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top