Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1686
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
Theta gang like a motherfucker up in here.

Hmm....I have 200 shares of AMC.  Might have to look into this.  But all my stuff these days is in my Fidelity IRA....not sure if they'd allow me to do options in that.  Hmm....
View Quote

They will.  You need to apply for options trading permissions..  Some discussion several pages back on various requirements and levels.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

100% VTSAX in my Roth IRA. But I have 20-25  years before I retire. I assume I'll likely see at least two bear markets til then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

I'll quote you because your voice carries more weight but gents please be careful.  The market cannot sustain the pace it's on right now.  It was already over cooked before covid and the stimulus is only making it worse.

I think we are relatively safe under JPow because nobody wants to be the chairman that has to reign in an out of control economy.  If he gets replaced in Feb 2022 (look for Biden to nominate someone else but keep in mind he was appointed by Obama) then all bets are off.  I don't know if we are 6 months or 2 years away from a correction but the longer it takes the worse it's going to be.

I've said it before but I have zero market index funds in any of my portfolios right now.

You need to be focused on absolute returns not relative returns.

100% VTSAX in my Roth IRA. But I have 20-25  years before I retire. I assume I'll likely see at least two bear markets til then.
Throw some VYM to get dividends in there during bears
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 3:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SparticleBrane] [#3]
Dear god I need to join Theta Gang. I'm leaving so much money on the table by just buying and holding.

Seriously.  Selling covered calls is "Heads I win, tails you lose."  Yeah if the stock skyrockets you 'lose' out on a lot of potential profit, but you still make a profit as long as your strike price is above your purchase price.  And if the stock doesn't hit your strike price, you still make the premium.

Damn.  Kicking myself right about now for not seeing this.

The only way you really 'lose' is if the stock absolutely skyrockets....you still make a profit (assuming your strike price is above your purchase price) but you don't make nearly as much as if you just held the underlying without selling covered calls on it.

Of course if the underlying bottoms out you definitely 'lose' theoretical money (assuming you don't sell) and you're in the red, but you can keep selling covered calls on it perpetually...
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 4:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#4]
Originally Posted By jchewie1:

I read the announcement as same car, same hardware, same sensors.  This is primarily a PR event for autonomous driving in a mass public setting, along with a software development exercise.
View Quote

Well... fuck me. https://www.indyautonomouschallenge.com/ I guess the most we can hope for is a sector boost, unless they all crash.

Attachment Attached File

There's 30 minute video on there, watching it now.

ETA2: Watching the simulated racing part now... This may kill lidar.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 6:13:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#5]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Well... fuck me. https://www.indyautonomouschallenge.com/ I guess the most we can hope for is a sector boost, unless they all crash.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/Capture2_JPG-2034919.JPG

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jchewie1:

I read the announcement as same car, same hardware, same sensors.  This is primarily a PR event for autonomous driving in a mass public setting, along with a software development exercise.

I’m confused, why the “well, fuck me” bit?  It’s not specifying any specific manufacturer’s LiDAR.  

However, the lower portion of the upper cowling DOES closely resemble a sideways-facing Luminar Hydra, and 20hz is in line with the Hydra’s capability.  The Hydra is typically a test module that’s compatible with custom programming, so that plays into the requirements of the challenge, too...a competing team’s own software suite.

Also, your comment “this may kill LiDAR”.  How so?

EDIT:
Possible Luminar sponsorship.  Most likely Hydra-equipped.  This isn’t a problem.  As stated above the Hydra is a testing module.
Attachment Attached File

EDIT AGAIN:  looking at your screen shot you posted, I see Luminar now.  Don’t sweat it though.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

My guy, you can't come here and drop a nuclear bomb without saying why?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:21:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#7]

My guy, you can't come here and drop a nuclear bomb without saying why?
View Quote

I'm just being overdramatic.

Watch the video of the simulation and see how many crashes there are. I'm still unclear about how it's an autonomous race, but each team has input to the cars.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 7:35:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#8]
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:

I'll Check it out thx.

Originally Posted By Osprey61:

I think I have a blank space on my calendar Wednesday if you want to catch a coffee

If I wasn't 2000+ miles away id take you up on that offer
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Theta gang like a motherfucker up in here.

Hmm....I have 200 shares of AMC.  Might have to look into this.  But all my stuff these days is in my Fidelity IRA....not sure if they'd allow me to do options in that.  Hmm....
View Quote

They do allow options in your IRA’s.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:06:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#11]

We are.  I’ve been preaching the same thing.  I was quoting as you’re more like Paul and I’m Timothy.  Your voice carries more weight and I’m in agreement.

I’m also like you in that when I put a time in something I’m wrong.  I think we get out of 2021 alive.

Also like you, there’s too much in play for me to say much beyond that.  My fear is that the dims are going to do everything to try and keep the economy hot.  They can’t afford to have the economy turn on them.  If they continue to try and keep it running the melt down only gets delayed and gets worse.
View All Quotes

Internet disconnect...aren't we saying the same thing? That's at least what I intended, but I have to reread almost everything I say now two or three times. Better living through chemistry, as I think Dupont famously once said. I'm reading a potentially very close hard shock, possibly as soon as September. Do you have some measure of faith we stand a decent chance of coming out of 2021 intact? This is highly germane to my current plans and expectations.

I have an excellent track record of being right six months early...very similar to Cathy Woods observation that being early in the tech cycle is absolutely congruent with being wrong.

We are.  I’ve been preaching the same thing.  I was quoting as you’re more like Paul and I’m Timothy.  Your voice carries more weight and I’m in agreement.

I’m also like you in that when I put a time in something I’m wrong.  I think we get out of 2021 alive.

Also like you, there’s too much in play for me to say much beyond that.  My fear is that the dims are going to do everything to try and keep the economy hot.  They can’t afford to have the economy turn on them.  If they continue to try and keep it running the melt down only gets delayed and gets worse.

Attachment Attached File

Seriously though, thanks to both of you for sharing your wisdom. On behalf of the unwashed masses, it really helps to frame my thinking for all of this
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:32:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Dear god I need to join Theta Gang. I'm leaving so much money on the table by just buying and holding.

Seriously.  Selling covered calls is "Heads I win, tails you lose."  Yeah if the stock skyrockets you 'lose' out on a lot of potential profit, but you still make a profit as long as your strike price is above your purchase price.  And if the stock doesn't hit your strike price, you still make the premium.

The only way you really 'lose' is if the stock absolutely skyrockets....you still make a profit (assuming your strike price is above your purchase price) but you don't make nearly as much as if you just held the underlying without selling covered calls on it.

Of course if the underlying bottoms out you definitely 'lose' theoretical money (assuming you don't sell) and you're in the red, but you can keep selling covered calls on it perpetually...
View Quote

Even this may not be necessary. I bought WISH at 13.46, but have sold calls on it to lower my cost to 9.98. I can turn a profit even on a $10 call now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:43:15 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Internet disconnect...aren't we saying the same thing? That's at least what I intended, but I have to reread almost everything I say now two or three times. Better living through chemistry, as I think Dupont famously once said. I'm reading a potentially very close hard shock, possibly as soon as September. Do you have some measure of faith we stand a decent chance of coming out of 2021 intact? This is highly germane to my current plans and expectations.

I have an excellent track record of being right six months early...very similar to Cathy Woods observation that being early in the tech cycle is absolutely congruent with being wrong.

I think biden will do anything he can to look better than Trump, and having a hot economy is one measure, but I don't have confidence he will keep it going very long.

But where is a safe place to stash funds?  real estate is ballooning, gold is responding poorly to inflation, inflation will eat up cash, even ammo is too high to invest in still.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 3:04:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

I think biden will do anything he can to look better than Trump, and having a hot economy is one measure, but I don't have confidence he will keep it going very long.

But where is a safe place to stash funds?  real estate is ballooning, gold is responding poorly to inflation, inflation will eat up cash,
even ammo is too high to invest in still.
View All Quotes

But where is a safe place to stash funds?  real estate is ballooning, gold is responding poorly to inflation, inflation will eat up cash,

That is the big problem.

Even less options if you don't really have enough to buy quality real estate.

I mean 100k or even 200k isn't going to get anything in many places, but its still a lot of money that you would want to protect from being eaten by inflation.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
The bolded part is where this strategy can eventually fall down. The fact that it has become popular during ~12 years of almost unending bull market isn't a co-incidence as it assumes the stock will always bounce back.

Let's say you'd bought 100 shares of MVIS on 6/30/2021 at $18 with the idea of writing calls against them. Bad timing as it fell under $16 three days later and hasn't recovered since. Nonetheless you've managed to write weekly calls sufficient to reduce your cost basis to $16 per share. Well, it's now fallen far enough that the weekly $16 calls, your breakeven point, are only fetching $0.25 per share. Minus commissions, but we'll ignore those for now. What if the stock goes down to $12 next week?  Those weekly $16 calls might only be bid at $0.10 per share. If it drops to $10 the week after? There might not be a bid on the weekly calls with a strike that would get you to breakeven if called away. So you'd have to look further out on the calendar which means locking your capital up for longer just to break even. Or selling at a loss.

Now ask yourself how you would have made out if you'd started this strategy in February 2002, as MVIS had fallen more than 80% from a high of $548 in March 2000 to the $100 level where it had found support for several months. Bargain right? It was in the $20s a mere 5 months later. Ooops. Highly unlikely that you'd be able to write calls that would guarantee anything other than a huge loss. Maybe you'd have been prescient enough to take your lumps and get out 2 years later when it bounced back to $84. Or maybe you'd have "diamond handed" it all the way down to $0.15 eighteen years of loss later. One thing is for sure and that's that you wouldn't have been able to write calls at your $100 breakeven point for almost 2 decades.

Not trying to be a dick, just pointing out that there really isn't any such thing as a free lunch in the markets, and you absolutely can get burned with this strategy if the stock has a steep and protracted decline.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Besides MVIS, what stocks named in this thread are trading HIGHER then when they were first mentioned?
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Any? Or have they all been P&D?
Lotta bag holders here.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:29:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Besides MVIS, what stocks named in this thread are trading HIGHER then when they were first mentioned?
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.
View Quote

OLN has been berry berry nice since I bought it based on a mention here
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:06:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#19]
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.
View Quote

Zom is an interesting play. Price is coming back down to earth. A vet posted a video of their Truforma product in action and it was pretty cool to see. The video is on the Reddit Zomedica page and the Zomedica book face page. Yes it was pumped initially because of Carol Basketcase giving it PR.

But people fucking LOVE their animals. They are part of the family. People will do, and pay anything, to keep their animals healthy. I know from $30,000+ keeping this old lady alive. She's my almost 12 year old Labrador. For that reason alone I cannot imagine there isnt some value in the product.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.
View Quote

I'm down slightly on SXOOF and taking a bath on ABML, but I knew better going in and threw very small money at them, mostly out of morbid curiosity. Oddly, I still believe both have potential somewhere out on the horizon, and will probably ignore them rather than realizing that small loss. I'm stupid that way. I still hold a very modest, but larger, position in NVIDIA, because I did do a good bit of research into their business model. I think the unbridled enthusiasm has passed, and the share may actually retrench to some significant degree, though. Could have (and I guess still could) taken a nothing-to-sneeze-at profit, but I'm willing to endure some shade to see if they can make good on their potential.

The odds remain so heavily stacked against finding that needle-in-a-haystack penny stock it's almost laughable. To my mind Mavis is neither a penny or a meme stock, it was one of the tech stock darlings that fell almost into insolvency, but rose again through a series of circumstances that would stretch the credulity of a Hollywood movie script.

It boils down to that risk - return model. Sumit is moving aggressively, of that there's little doubt. If the wheels come off the base value of the company remains, which heavily insulates my personal risk. If he actually succeeds in monetizing the disparate elements of the business (i.e., sale or contract of the AR-related verticals, exploitation of the sensor concentration) the upside appears to be very lucrative.

Lot of LTLs have pointed out recently the display side of Microvision has virtually (sorry, unintentional) disappeared, despite the enormous attention (and investment) it's receiving from the tech leviathans. That coincidentally happens to dovetail very neatly with the absolute black hole demanded by those corps of their junior partners and/or targets. I'd betting that shoe drops with almost no warning, and not terribly far down the line.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#21]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.

OLIN bros represent!   I have very high hopes for this one.  They just released a blockbuster of an earnings report.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#22]
SENS needs to kick it in gear.    This is a huge lucrative market

DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) reached an all-time high on Friday after the company’s Q2 2021 results exceeded analyst expectations.
The maker of continuous glucose monitoring systems attributed the outperformance to the strength in salesforce and direct-to-consumer marketing in the U.S.
Meanwhile, the international business growth accelerated thanks to the impact of the pandemic in the prior-year quarter.

While Dexcom recorded its best one-day gain in more than 20 months following a guidance raise for 2021, the analysts at Baird recommended investors to buy the stock despite the strength.
“End markets seem near fully recovered, DXCM's competitive positioning has improved, investments are paying off,” analysts Jeff D. Johnson and Dane Reinhardt argued as they raised the price target to $520 from $460 to imply a premium of ~14% to pre-earnings close.
Listing several catalysts in the company’s near and medium-term timeframe, they reiterated the outperform rating with a bullish view on the growth outlook for several years.
The duo expects the company, as highlighted by the management in the earnings call, to launch its next-gen G7 CGM system in late 2021.

In addition, they also have an upbeat view on the upcoming commercial rollouts of Automated Insulin Delivery systems with Dexcom’s glucose monitoring systems such as Omnipod 5 from Insulet (NASDAQ:PODD), which according to management, has a “strong pent-up demand.”

DexCom has added nearly 20% over the past 12 months, with a concurrent rise in bullish recommendations from Wall Street analysts
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#23]
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.
View Quote

I don't know who 1st mentioned DPLS, maybe apex?
All I know is it was $.02xx when I 1st looked and I wish I had bought in then
Started buying during that initial run, in at .06 out at .10, back in at .09 out at .15, back in at .07.
Dark Pulse may not be THAT penny stock that runs to $10 but neither is INND
However, it sure is fun and some of us are making profit
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Total53:

Started buying during that initial run, in at .06 out at .10, back in at .09 out at .15, back in at .07.
View All Quotes
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.

Hell I made a profit off BBRW.

The rest of these lottery tickets I have less than $100 each in. I doubt I'll see them green in the next 2 years.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#25]
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.
View Quote

SXOOF - Pelosi connections

SENS - has potential

ZOM - maybe that was a pump, but people do love their pets, who knows what their future holds

DPLS - I think this was a pump. The CEO is blasting on Twitter 24/7....just like INND. Not to mention there is 1 billion shares, and last checked, under 1000 share holders. Several Discord rooms are pumping that stock and making money. I have no idea if the company has potential but look at their board of directors and all the connections they have. They look great on paper, but I don't own any.

CWSFF - Take a look at this one. Canadian company that is in the process of turning trash into fuel.

I am personally looking for the next MVIS, if it exists, but after MVIS I plan to start piling into dividend stocks as well as energy.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:00:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#26]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

SENS - has potential

ZOM - maybe that was a pump, but people do love their pets, who knows what their future holds

DPLS - I think this was a pump. The CEO is blasting on Twitter 24/7....just like INND. Not to mention there is 1 billion shares, and last checked, under 1000 share holders. Several Discord rooms are pumping that stock and making money. I have no idea if the company has potential but look at their board of directors and all the connections they have. They look great on paper, but I don't own any.

CWSFF - Take a look at this one. Canadian company that is in the process of turning trash into fuel.

I am personally looking for the next MVIS, if it exists, but after MVIS I plan to start piling into dividend stocks as well as energy.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evo7011:
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.

SENS - has potential

I'm considering infrastructure stocks but everything on my list is overpriced.  If biden passes the 1.2 trillion bill that money has to end up somewhere.  I think I'll get smaller amounts of as many of these as I can and play it that way - spread it around so to speak.   I have a watchlist for these but nothing in my price range at the moment
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

The rest of these lottery tickets I have less than $100 each in. I doubt I'll see them green in the next 2 years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 58Teague:
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.

I've made a few bucks too. It just seems like a lot of these get a good P&D, then trade sideways for months.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
SENS needs to kick it in gear.    This is a huge lucrative market

DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) reached an all-time high on Friday after the company’s Q2 2021 results exceeded analyst expectations.
The maker of continuous glucose monitoring systems attributed the outperformance to the strength in salesforce and direct-to-consumer marketing in the U.S.
Meanwhile, the international business growth accelerated thanks to the impact of the pandemic in the prior-year quarter.

While Dexcom recorded its best one-day gain in more than 20 months following a guidance raise for 2021, the analysts at Baird recommended investors to buy the stock despite the strength.
“End markets seem near fully recovered, DXCM's competitive positioning has improved, investments are paying off,” analysts Jeff D. Johnson and Dane Reinhardt argued as they raised the price target to $520 from $460 to imply a premium of ~14% to pre-earnings close.
Listing several catalysts in the company’s near and medium-term timeframe, they reiterated the outperform rating with a bullish view on the growth outlook for several years.
The duo expects the company, as highlighted by the management in the earnings call, to launch its next-gen G7 CGM system in late 2021.

In addition, they also have an upbeat view on the upcoming commercial rollouts of Automated Insulin Delivery systems with Dexcom’s glucose monitoring systems such as Omnipod 5 from Insulet (NASDAQ:PODD), which according to management, has a “strong pent-up demand.”

DexCom has added nearly 20% over the past 12 months, with a concurrent rise in bullish recommendations from Wall Street analysts
View Quote

Huge market for their product.  Just need the FDA approval and the sales team to get selling.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

That is the big problem.

I mean 100k or even 200k isn't going to get anything in many places, but its still a lot of money that you would want to protect from being eaten by inflation.

View All Quotes

We are.  I've been preaching the same thing.  I was quoting as you're more like Paul and I'm Timothy.  Your voice carries more weight and I'm in agreement.

I'm also like you in that when I put a time in something I'm wrong.  I think we get out of 2021 alive.

Also like you, there's too much in play for me to say much beyond that.  My fear is that the dims are going to do everything to try and keep the economy hot.  They can't afford to have the economy turn on them.  If they continue to try and keep it running the melt down only gets delayed and gets worse.

That is the big problem.

1 or 200k would make an outstanding down payment on a few rental
properties
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:03:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sixgunsblazing] [#30]

View All Quotes
SXOOF?
SENS?
ZOM?
DPLS?

Lotta bag holders here.

I just missed my DPS buy at .033, and never got in.  Oh well
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 9:39:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
properties
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:

We are.  I've been preaching the same thing.  I was quoting as you're more like Paul and I'm Timothy.  Your voice carries more weight and I'm in agreement.

I'm also like you in that when I put a time in something I'm wrong.  I think we get out of 2021 alive.

Also like you, there's too much in play for me to say much beyond that.  My fear is that the dims are going to do everything to try and keep the economy hot.  They can't afford to have the economy turn on them.  If they continue to try and keep it running the melt down only gets delayed and gets worse.

That is the big problem.

properties

True.

The thing is, I wouldn’t want to be in the rental game any time soon.  We already see what the socialists have done to landlords, and the majority of the dems are okay with extending the eviction moratorium.

If I were to get into that game, I’d sure as hell have a lot of stipulations on the lease agreement, but a lease doesn’t trump eviction laws and they’re obviously changed at whim via a stroke of the pen as we’ve seen.

I’m really surprised no property owners have gone killdozer on deadbeat tenants.  People making more during COVID due to government handouts, and still refusing to pay rent...I couldn’t handle that.  My property and a dirtbag has more rights?  Not in my playbook.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Tomorrow tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 12:49:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#33]
Originally Posted By wilmermj:
Tomorrow tomorrow
View Quote

Yes, looking forward to all of this week.

I want to see how much of a fool I am for predicting MVIS releases a positive PR piece this week and/or we get awesome earnings call numbers on the 4th.

I think we’re going to see a pretty good pop before/by EOD Friday.

This is just me speculating, don’t place your bets based on me.

I’m being very careful with MVIS 8/6 and 8/20 Covered CALLS (nothing below $21 strike this week), and very bullish with all my selling of Cash-Secured PUTS from 8/6 and out.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:22:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

Today's gonna be a good day, Tater.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:17:25 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I knew it!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 7:43:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#38]

I remember the last MVIS Earnings Report and investor Conference Call being a bit of a let down.
Maybe we should set some realistic expectations

• Any information on the $140m ATM would be good.

• A-Sample update like units shipped for testing or some acknowledgement that the sensor is being tested by a 3rd party,

• Royalty update from the "2017 Customer" where we all know this is MSFT and H2.

• Any update on a possible partnership or vertical buyout.

• What to expect at the event in Germany.

If we get a couple of these cleared up the pps would certainly benefit

View Quote

Posted this back on page 891, all still relevant and would add Dr. Luce/Optoflux discussion.

Also, Joanna Makris has an InvstorPlace article that I didn't see posted, linked thru Yahoo.

Serious Questions for Summit Sharma
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#39]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
I feel something too
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Posted this back on page 891, all still relevant and would add Dr. Luce/Optoflux discussion.

Also, Joanna Makris has an InvstorPlace article that I didn't see posted, linked thru Yahoo.

View Quote

Great positive article!"
Quote from article:
"MicroVision could be more than a simple squeeze. That’s because the company may be the “next big thing” in Augmented Reality (AR) and lidar. With MVIS scheduled to report Q2 earnings on Aug. 4, investors are on the edge of their seats."
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TW200:

Great positive article!"
Quote from article:
"MicroVision could be more than a simple squeeze. That’s because the company may be the “next big thing” in Augmented Reality (AR) and lidar. With MVIS scheduled to report Q2 earnings on Aug. 4, investors are on the edge of their seats."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TW200:

Great positive article!"
Quote from article:

All the questions posed are extremely reasonably and ones that I would love answered, unfortunately most of the answers are probably locked behind NDAs or are not the answers we are hoping for.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:20:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

True.

The thing is, I wouldn’t want to be in the rental game any time soon.  We already see what the socialists have done to landlords, and the majority of the dems are okay with extending the eviction moratorium.

If I were to get into that game, I’d sure as hell have a lot of stipulations on the lease agreement, but a lease doesn’t trump eviction laws and they’re obviously changed at whim via a stroke of the pen as we’ve seen.

I’m really surprised no property owners have gone killdozer on deadbeat tenants.  People making more during COVID due to government handouts, and still refusing to pay rent...I couldn’t handle that.  My property and a dirtbag has more rights?  Not in my playbook.
View Quote

Felis, I worked with a Boeing manager who had refined the landlord game almost to an art. I'm not condoning anything he was (is) doing, because at least one element fell way into my personal moral (and possibly legal) grey area, but he'd been in the game for a long time, in a Socialist state, and was profiting heavily.

He had either eight or ten, smallish, either detached or semi-detached properties. Unless he took a hard look at you and decided you were worth the risk (and from what he told me, after being burned a couple of times that was a rare privilege), he heavily discouraged free and clear tenants who were "struggling".

His specialty was Section 8 rental, because the tenant didn't pay him, the state and/or government did...like clockwork. The money never passed through the tenants hands, so he knew he was going to see those checks. He also knew those tenants were going to do "X" amount of damage and wear to his units, and had that figured into his business cost. He also had a near total loss expenditure on a once or twice a year rotating basis in his cost, though I think he told me the state usually compensated to some degree if the unit was considered uninhabitable. Don't think they made him whole, but he got something... Amazingly, of that few units, he said it was a rare year when someone didn't decide to try and destroy their unit on the way out.

Here's the grey part. When they called into the agency (ALL his business was done at arms length, ZERO personal connection with the tenants...as far as they knew) for maintenance, guess who the man in the boiler suit with the tool box was that showed up? Yep. He got an inside, natural condition look at every unit on a pretty regular basis. I told him I though he was violating their privacy, he told me he didn't care.

Every time someone moved out, he had a regular crew who came in and did a garage removal, physical repair and scrub/disinfect. He said it was almost never good...garbage, human waste, drug para, stench, the whole human misery tableau.

He'd also been doing it for years, and was not only making money, he owned most of these little houses. Probably worth millions now.

I have a hard aversion to the whole proposition, but I understand the demand and the economics. If anything I've written here doesn't pass the sniff test, keep in mind this was all third hand and I had no personal observation. He was also...eccentric. Great guy, kept a real, (unused) ornate wild west antique coffin in his living room.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Net Savings Link  ($NSAV). They were trading around .02-.03, up as high as .05. I've made a few pennies on this stock, but I think it's ready for bigger money. Currently up 40% as of Friday's close to .0977.
   They have a crypto exchange coming out in August. That is driving their price right now, I'm sure.  
   Buy the rumor, sell the news, right?
  Anyway, if anyone looks into them and sees any red flags that I don't recognize, let me know. Otherwise, I think this will be a good 90 day hold. I originally bought in at .02 and sold at .05. But I'm a newb who gets excited to see profit. Lol.

ETA: Their crypto exchange will be only the 2nd publicly traded US exchange after Coinbase. Currently valued at $2Bn.
View Quote

It's blowing up this morning!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#45]
TGT

oh no baby what is you doing
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Sometimes I hate Fidelity and their settled funds bullshit.
Missed out on getting in $NSAV under .10.. it's already .13
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By chibajoe:

View All Quotes
Net Savings Link  ($NSAV). They were trading around .02-.03, up as high as .05. I've made a few pennies on this stock, but I think it's ready for bigger money. Currently up 40% as of Friday's close to .0977.
   They have a crypto exchange coming out in August. That is driving their price right now, I'm sure.  
   Buy the rumor, sell the news, right?
  Anyway, if anyone looks into them and sees any red flags that I don't recognize, let me know. Otherwise, I think this will be a good 90 day hold. I originally bought in at .02 and sold at .05. But I'm a newb who gets excited to see profit. Lol.

ETA: Their crypto exchange will be only the 2nd publicly traded US exchange after Coinbase. Currently valued at $2Bn.

I KNOW!!! Fucking Fidelity!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Damn it, DPLS!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I guess I missed the boat. Didn't know about it until it was over .14
Page / 1686
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top