View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jb31:
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
DPLS might have some strength today - see some geeen in premarket

It's got to break through .10

And...done!

I'm getting an itchy trigger finger...$28k I want to take off paper and put into my account.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Morning gents.  Been travelling for work and finally back home and able to pay more attention.  Not much in the last couple days to do buy buy though.  Rented a remote cabin in the ozark mountains next week and going to take some time to do some fishing, canoeing, and relaxing.  There will absolutely be some adult beverages.  Going to try to set up some limit buys and sells to see if I can automate for a few days.  Bought a little more DPLS in the .08s, so I am ready for that one to run please.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:21:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jb31] [#6]

I'm getting an itchy trigger finger...$28k I want to take off paper and put into my account.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

And...done!

I know, I held 100k shares from the last time we were at .08 and bought another 70k since.  I'm watching today to see if I should trim.  If I was paying more attention, I would have loaded up more when it really dipped.

Sounds like DPLS has worked out pretty for you so far.  Your first trade was a great call.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

That all sounds like good news except your dirty inkie status.
View Quote

Tried leashing the financial advisors together for that barely-under-control attack dog look. They were kind of with the program until I ran out of Cheerios, they both wanted belly rubs and my wife came in and told me to stop fooling around and get washed up for dinner. It's beginning to look like I'll remain permanently and tragically un-hip. Oddly, I'm okay with that. The sun is up this morning, and it feels like I have an entire life yet to play out.

Cue highly speculative soapbox...

Four full trading days going into the EC. I'm very interested in the underlying psychology that governs the trading until we get there. Longs are almost silo'd in, judging by the anemic volume, and aren't expecting any surprises...which I tend to think is pretty rational. The bigger question is how resilient are we to these continued short attacks to that point? We've had some pretty significant pops at the tail end of long volume/price droughts, but the old speculative model going into the ECs seems to carry less weight as we move forward.

Good time to review your core investment thesis, to see if your expectations and goals still align with the business model and what external factors can be assumed to be stable. I've done this over the last week, and haven't budged, despite some disappointment at what I think is the slowly diminishing probability of a full company sale or merger - but my ACB allows me the relative luxury of weathering a hard downturn.

I'm also buoyed by the, for lack of a better word, totality of those external cues and events. I dislike the veil of NDAs, I hugely distrust nearly every one of our potential bedfellows, and honestly hate the people who would destroy US initiatives for profit, but for the first time in decades I believe the fruit of Microvision's research is almost perfectly aligned with the dominant and leading edge of a technological tsunami.

The jury is still deliberating, and I don't expect a quick verdict, but everything Sumit and Co. are publicly laying into place indicates they're driving towards a clear goal...and the end-state is damned ambitious for a small(ish) company. No flowery PR, no semi-intentional leaks to the professional traders, no grandiose "forward looking" pronouncements from the CEO. Frustrating to retail investors, and I often have to go back to Buffett's wisdom about the market's role in transferring money from the impatient to the patient.

It's the risk - return element writ large...but backstopped by little to no debt, a modest float, a large war chest and an IP moat that, far from becoming weaker and more vulnerable, seems to swell with each succeeding LBS derived patent I see submitted now on an almost daily basis.

Why did Apple give notice of a $6.5B bond offering yesterday, when they have $300B+ in cash? Why did Microvision pursue the CEO of a highly specialized company that specializes in multi-sensor optic integration? I have absolutely no idea, but I'm not willing to get off the ride until I find out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#8]

It's the turd stock that just won't flush down the toilet. It keeps popping back up to the surface to smell up the bathroom.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I took a long break from looking at this every day, and put in some limit sells just in case it mooned while I wasn't paying attention.  I came to the conclusion that overall my investment plan with MVIS and SENS was fundamentally sound.  I didn't risk more than I could afford to do some high stakes gambling with (~15% of my total portfolio).  When it comes down to it, I believe in the future of lidar, and I feel that MVIS is positioned well to make some money off of it along with some of their other verticals, potentially.

I am not getting off of this ride, even if it drops to single digit share prices.  In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JThompson:
Its Page 900, has anyone become a millionaire yet?
View Quote

$60/share and I'm there!    
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

$60/share and I'm there!    
View Quote

$7,092.20 for me
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#12]

I know, I held 100k shares from the last time we were at .08 and bought another 70k since.  I'm watching today to see if I should trim.  If I was paying more attention, I would have loaded up more when it really dipped.

Sounds like DPLS has worked out pretty for you so far.  Your first trade was a great call.
View All Quotes

And...done!

I was patting myself on the back for that trade.  

As long as she continues to trend up on the daily, I'm going to keep holding.  I keep that chart open at all times and watch for any signs of weakness.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:33:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#13]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

$60/share and I'm there!    
View Quote
Not out of the question.  How does the market cap of MVIS compare to its competitors now?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Probably a coincidence,  but we were above $14 heading into close yesterday... and at least what I was seeing it was dragged below $14 right at the end.

I kinda get the feeling someone wants it below $14 today,  looks like they'll get it
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:57:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#15]
I'd like to buy another 50 shares but as soon as I do that the price will go down. Therefore, can someone take one for the team and buy some shares before me so I can buy the dip?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Yesterday I mentioned MVST
I bought some at $8.47
Currently at $9.22
Might be worth watching
High is $25.20
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#17]
MRIN just saying. I have no info.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:04:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#18]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
I'd like to buy another 50 shares but as soon as I do that the price will go down. Therefore, can someone take one for the team and buy some shares before me so I can buy the dip?
View Quote

Have you the ability to sell PUTS yet?  You could sell a contract that expires today at the end of the day for MVIS at $14 a share (a contract is 100 shares) and get a premium of currently 25 cents a share you get to keep no matter what.

If it closes below $14 you get the shares for $14.  If it closes above $14 you aren't on the hook to buy anything.  Either way you keep the $25 (.25x100) from the premium.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Have you the ability to sell PUTS yet?  You could sell a contract that expires today at the end of the day for MVIS at $14 a share (a contract is 100 shares) and get a premium of currently 25 cents a share you get to keep no matter what.

If it closes below $14 you get the shares for $14.  If it closes above $14 you aren't on the hook to buy anything.  Either way you keep the $25 (.25x100) from the premium.
View Quote

You just put my brain in a pretzel lol. I'm just a novice who will be happy making back a couple tens of thousand of dollars when all said and done. Simple is best for me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:23:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#20]

You just put my brain in a pretzel lol. I'm just a novice who will be happy making back a couple tens of thousand of dollars when all said and done. Simple is best for me.
View All Quotes

I completely understand where you're at.  I had pretzel brain on this subject before, but Cash-Secured Puts and Covered Calls are the easiest to understand.  This guy gives the basics.  When you have time over the weekend, watch a couple of his videos.  Added points he's current military.  USAF silo boy. I was Navy, but he's still cool in my book.

Selling Cash-Secured Puts
How to Sell Cash Secured Puts - Options Trading Strategy

Selling Covered Calls
How to Sell Covered Calls - Options Trading Explained

The next video gives the common words and their definitions.  What confused me at first is the buying and selling.  in standard PUTS and CALLS, you can either buy or sell a PUT, and you can either buy or sell a CALL.  I'd watch the first two videos first, but this one helps you understand it all a bit more.

The Basics of Trading Options
The Basics of Trading Options - VISUALLY EXPLAINED
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]

I completely understand where you're at.  I had pretzel brain on this subject before, but Cash-Secured Puts and Covered Calls are the easiest to understand.  This guy gives the basics.  When you have time over the weekend, watch a couple of his videos.  Added points he's current military.  USAF silo boy. I was Navy, but he's still cool in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndWEHAhCulM

Selling Covered Calls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?time_continue=92

The next video gives the common words and their definitions.  What confused me at first is the buying and selling.  in standard PUTS and CALLS, you can either buy or sell a PUT, and you can either buy or sell a CALL.  I'd watch the first two videos first, but this one helps you understand it all a bit more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOHgDol8fJA
View Quote

Issue with me is I don't have margin, and dont have the cash for secured puts. Calls I sell all day.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Tango:
MRIN just saying. I have no info.
View Quote

Earnings announcement today.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Issue with me is I don't have margin, and dont have the cash for secured puts. Calls I sell all day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

Selling Covered Calls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=watch?time_continue=92

I don't think you need margin for cash-secured or covered...unless you're using Vanguard and then when submitting the form for cash-secured PUTS, margin is included in that level (Level 3).  I'm the same with cash on hand.  I usually have all the cash tied up in stocks and nothing in my settlement fund.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#24]

I suspect it's oversold.

Again, I still remain very bullish on ME.  I mentioned this at one point but I have a friend that worked for Credit Suisse he was one of the leads on the SPAC deal.  His words verbatim were "I'm not allowed to own individual stocks but from a healthcare perspective, I would sink every dollar I could into ME and hold it there.  I think it has the most compelling story for future profit in the health care industry."  That deal got him a promotion and he's now moved to a private boutique where he advises on health care stocks to hedge funds.

I think it's important to separate that there are two distinct types of stocks in this thread.  There's the pump/quick buck stonks and the long-term value.  It's definitely in the latter category.  Again, as I advise, don't risk money you need right now.  The market can remain illogical far longer than you can remain solvent.
View Quote

I'm 49, my investments at this point are in my IRA. Strong incentive for diamond hands.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Selling Covered Calls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-pzG_Oyto

View Quote

Always down for learning more. Thx.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

And...done!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back to .099.  That .10 really has been a fight.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

And...done!

I honestly, thought it would stay above .10 today...there was a large sale right after she broke through .10 but she pushed over .1037 and then there was another sale that didn't drop the price too much.  I thought she had the staying power.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

You'd be kicking yourself if we were at 25 cashing in on profits
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:31:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotRyan] [#30]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:

I'd just buy back the calls and roll to later dates for more $$$

Me and many others have left a lot of money on the table just sitting on shares hoping the day would come. I'm doing my best to use my position to make it larger. Looking back at all the times I held thinking an announcement was days away...

I've gained around 3000 MVIS shares in the past 2 weeks selling calls.
View Quote

I really have to learn how to do this.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Me and many others have left a lot of money on the table just sitting on shares hoping the day would come. I'm doing my best to use my position to make it larger. Looking back at all the times I held thinking an announcement was days away...

View Quote

are you able to sell same-day calls or did you set these up previously? I can't on RH. Almost clicked it for 15.5 before I realized that's 8/6
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

View Quote

calls and puts are changing my life. Not yet moving lots of money, but looking at things completely differently from my previous "buy, hold forever" mantra. I have made I think almost $100 this week selling calls and puts on SENS, which is a $900 investment for me. Crazy potential to grow your position or lock in prices
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:21:56 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

And...done!

Largest order I've seen today just made her go boomski!!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

You do realize he's leveraging 30 some thousand shares to do this trick, right?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Total53:

You do realize he's leveraging 30 some thousand shares to do this trick, right?
View Quote

Have to start somewhere. I put $2,300 into my IRA in the past month and have largely seen red... it will of course turn around. Seems the people making money are doing it like he is.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#37]

Have to start somewhere. I put $2,300 into my IRA in the past month and have largely seen red... it will of course turn around. Seems the people making money are doing it like he is.
View Quote

Certainly putting your shares to work which in turn leads to more shares is a great idea.
Just be aware that the crazy spikes MVIS has every now and then can leave you selling a few hundred shares for $17 (obligated by the sold call contract) vice a few hundred shares available to sell on the market at $31.

I don't know what Ryan's working with but I'd guess that 30K shares are a fraction of what he holds
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Damnit, I should have rolled my $14 puts earlier today.  Now I've got to decide to do it now at lower profit or just let them exercise.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Certainly putting your shares to work which in turn leads to more shares is a great idea.
Just be aware that the crazy spikes MVIS has every now and then can leave you selling a few hundred shares for $17 (obligated by the sold call contract) vice a few hundred shares available to sell on the market at $31.

I don't know what Ryan's working with but I'd guess that 30K shares are a fraction of what he holds
View Quote

For those that aren't aware, this is the "danger"...but technically you aren't losing money if that happens.  Loss of real money only comes when trading options on shares with a strike below your cost basis on the shares you use as collateral if they're called away.  Just don't do that.

But, as Total53 said, there is still a hazard of losing out if there's a run-up.  That's why I'm only playing with 8%-10% of my 53K+ shares.

However, I've stated several pages back that I intend to increase that risk and move up in the percentage of my MVIS holdings that I used for covered calls.  

I'll be going to 20% but NOT UNTIL AFTER THE EARNINGS CALL!  The risk is that we get news directly before or the Friday after the EC, and if there's a pop I don't want to be caught with my pants down.  That's me speculating we receive good news and a pop.  I've mentioned why earlier in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:
Damnit, I should have rolled my $14 puts earlier today.  Now I've got to decide to do it now at lower profit or just let them exercise.
View Quote

Rolled the $14 puts I sold out to Aug 20 for $145 a contract.  Locked in a nice little profit doing so.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:
View Quote

I've 5 contracts @ $14 I'm letting exercise today.  The end of next week I believe it will be well worth it, and I can sell them for more than $14 easily via ITM calls further out (around 8/20 or so).
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#42]
DPLS closed above .10, I hope this will be good for Monday.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

And...done!

Yeah, good close.  I like the momentum.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#44]

I've 5 contracts @ $14 I'm letting exercise today.  The end of next week I believe it will be well worth it, and I can sell them for more than $14 easily via ITM calls further out (around 8/20 or so).
View Quote

What's the worst that can happen? you get another 500 shares for 14 minus the premium you received. Sounds like a decent deal to me
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RASuperlight:
View Quote

I had a sell order in for .1180, what I figured to be a good profit or a let it ride over the weekend deal.
Looks like we're going to let it ride
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#46]

What's the worst that can happen? you get another 500 shares for 14 minus the premium you received. Sounds like a decent deal to me
View Quote

Well yeah, but you need $7,000 cash to make that happen, less your premium.

Seems to be the only issue with puts and it’s Less dangerous if you have the cash
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I think I was trying to explain options to you over a year ago at Flyover.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Yeah, good close.  I like the momentum.

I had a sell order in for .1180, what I figured to be a good profit or a let it ride over the weekend deal.
Looks like we're going to let it ride

Fitting end to the week!

Strong buying momentum into the close.  I have to admit that a couple of times I saw big sales come through and I started getting nervous.

I think the strong momentum into the weekend bodes well.  Let's just hope JPow or the Clown In Chief don't say something stupid over the weekend...more stupid than usual.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:36:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jchewie1] [#49]
I bought August 20 covered calls back to close today.  One set the strike was too low, the other was too cheap not to.  Sold some more covered calls expiring a while out.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Tried leashing the financial advisors together for that barely-under-control attack dog look. They were kind of with the program until I ran out of Cheerios, they both wanted belly rubs and my wife came in and told me to stop fooling around and get washed up for dinner. It's beginning to look like I'll remain permanently and tragically un-hip. Oddly, I'm okay with that. The sun is up this morning, and it feels like I have an entire life yet to play out.

Four full trading days going into the EC. I'm very interested in the underlying psychology that governs the trading until we get there. Longs are almost silo'd in, judging by the anemic volume, and aren't expecting any surprises...which I tend to think is pretty rational. The bigger question is how resilient are we to these continued short attacks to that point? We've had some pretty significant pops at the tail end of long volume/price droughts, but the old speculative model going into the ECs seems to carry less weight as we move forward.

Good time to review your core investment thesis, to see if your expectations and goals still align with the business model and what external factors can be assumed to be stable. I've done this over the last week, and haven't budged, despite some disappointment at what I think is the slowly diminishing probability of a full company sale or merger - but my ACB allows me the relative luxury of weathering a hard downturn.

I'm also buoyed by the, for lack of a better word, totality of those external cues and events. I dislike the veil of NDAs, I hugely distrust nearly every one of our potential bedfellows, and honestly hate the people who would destroy US initiatives for profit, but for the first time in decades I believe the fruit of Microvision's research is almost perfectly aligned with the dominant and leading edge of a technological tsunami.

The jury is still deliberating, and I don't expect a quick verdict, but everything Sumit and Co. are publicly laying into place indicates they're driving towards a clear goal...and the end-state is damned ambitious for a small(ish) company. No flowery PR, no semi-intentional leaks to the professional traders, no grandiose "forward looking" pronouncements from the CEO. Frustrating to retail investors, and I often have to go back to Buffett's wisdom about the market's role in transferring money from the impatient to the patient.

It's the risk - return element writ large...but backstopped by little to no debt, a modest float, a large war chest and an IP moat that, far from becoming weaker and more vulnerable, seems to swell with each succeeding LBS derived patent I see submitted now on an almost daily basis.

Why did Apple give notice of a $6.5B bond offering yesterday, when they have $300B+ in cash? Why did Microvision pursue the CEO of a highly specialized company that specializes in multi-sensor optic integration? I have absolutely no idea, but I'm not willing to get off the ride until I find out.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Originally Posted By KaiK:

That all sounds like good news except your dirty inkie status.

In!
Page / 1686
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top