Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1687
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I must have missed the memo.

When did Buy Innovate Grow change to Engage Endorse Entertain?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh snap!  
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

dragging facebook down 7% as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
I will own 1371....
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I was checking out the flow and noticed they had a 3.9 P/C ratio, right about then the alert popped on my phone about guidance lol.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I will own 1371.... beyond our Lady mvis, it looks like sens has a reoccurring appearance and bbig as well. Zom mentioned once in awhile but that's all that's coming to mind

There's a lot that's come and gone,  one sticks out most to me is the teenager that had invested everything into innd and if I recall could have made a nice profit but held
View Quote

I don't remember his name, but I do remember I did almost four hours of DD into INND one Saturday morning and tried hard to convince him to pull D rings. Wonder why he disappeared? That was the one and only stock he had any interest in. Paid pumper, maybe? The youthful enthusiasm angle was entertaining.

eesmith you're an unexpected visitor, welcome!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:14:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eesmith] [#8]
Originally Posted By JamPo:

Is this suggesting a 3145 s&p?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamPo:

Is this suggesting a 3145 s&p?
That's just where my cursor was. I fired up a dormant ToS account to take a look at things in the market and draw scribbles and lines again, those are fib levels drawn from the March 2020 crash. Friday low was a ping of the 38.2 retrace level, between that and market makers rebalancing gamma it may help explain what we saw into the close and today.

I agree with Old7 that this is probably just the first leg of a bear market.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

I don't remember his name, but I do remember I did almost four hours of DD into INND one Saturday morning and tried hard to convince him to pull D rings. Wonder why he disappeared? That was the one and only stock he had any interest in. Paid pumper, maybe? The youthful enthusiasm angle was entertaining.

View All Quotes
I will own 1371.... beyond our Lady mvis, it looks like sens has a reoccurring appearance and bbig as well. Zom mentioned once in awhile but that's all that's coming to mind

There's a lot that's come and gone,  one sticks out most to me is the teenager that had invested everything into innd and if I recall could have made a nice profit but held

From what I recall I think he was just an inexperienced trader (not that I'm any different just have age on my side) that drank his Kool aid and thought his penny stock was going to the moon, I never looked into innd but it seems like their ceo was good with the hype train there for a bit.

Hope the kid didn't lose money that he couldn't lose, assuming he didn't it hopefully was a good learning experience for him
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

CamelPatriot

He was gung ho on some hearing aids. I can't fault him so much now though. I'm still holding plenty of LTCG MVIS which means it's down ~90% from a year ago.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:38:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#11]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

CamelPatriot

He was gung ho on some hearing aids. I can't fault him so much now though. I'm still holding plenty of LTCG MVIS which means it's down ~90% from a year ago.
View Quote

Imagine you had a sell order for ten cents last February and didn't sell at 9.8 cents.
I know Camel was talking about ten cents, but I don't know if he ever booked an order.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Want-a-pure-throw-of-the-dice-on-the-NASDAQ-Battle-for-9-00-/5-2314966/?page=281

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Want-a-throw-of-the-dice-on-NASDAQ-Crocodile-licks-the-moon-/5-2314966/?page=310#i90997439

CrownVic was diamond handing it on February 8 too, it wasn't just the 17 year old.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Want-a-throw-of-the-dice-on-NASDAQ-Crocodile-licks-the-moon-/5-2314966/?page=313#i90999713

Oh, CV dumped the same day he proclaimed diamond status. Good dump.
It's fun reading about this stuff, never saw it before, the last thing I have time to do in February is read Arfcom.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Want-a-throw-of-the-dice-on-NASDAQ-Crocodile-licks-the-moon-/5-2314966/?page=314#i91000214

Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahh simpler times when you could make money on just about any stock as long as you didn't get too greedy
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:05:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nolan7120] [#13]

View Quote

CamelPatriot was his name. Hasn't posted since 6/24/21.
Edit: Beat
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:15:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:

CamelPatriot was his name. Hasn't posted since 6/24/21.
Edit: Beat
View Quote

Yes, seemed like a good dude but he was emotionally attached to that stock.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:17:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#15]
Originally Posted By nmwis70:

Yes, seemed like a good dude but he was emotionally attached to that stock.
View Quote

I think the same could be said about many posters here, and MVIS. Myself included. I think if most of us could, we would go back and sell it all at $28.

Hopefully round 2 is now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to the MVIS thread, EE Smith!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:42:36 AM EDT
[#17]
And the one shining jewel in a pre-market sea of red is...post earnings BBIG.

And gold, silver, Euros. Hey, weren't Euros $1.05? How'd they get to $1.07? LGB!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:53:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#18]
Global content driven ecosystem!

Vinco Ventures’ (NASDAQ:BBIG) revenue growth and acquisition integration overshadowed continued losses on Monday.

The Pennsylvania-based digital media, advertising and content technologies holding company reported Q1 GAAP EPS of -$3.05 for the first quarter, a significantly lighter loss sequentially, alongside revenue of $11.53 million. The latter figure represented a 348.6% increase from the prior year.

“Vinco continues to execute our plan to grow into a global content driven ecosystem focused on our core pillars: enrich our communities as we engage, endorse and entertain," CEO Lisa King said. “During the first quarter of 2022, we completed our acquisition of AdRizer, which represents one of the core pillars of our strategy to monetize traffic throughout the digital media spectrum and across the Vinco ecosystem.”

She added that recent moves to promote its Lomotif app have paid dividends in gaining users, with livestreams of Shaq’s Fun House and the Okeechobee Music Festival being highlights of the quarter.

Shares rose about 2% in pre-market trading on the results.

Elsewhere, management updated the spin-off of Cryptyde, noting that investors who hold Vinco (BBIG) through May 27 will receive one share of the new company for every 10 shares of Vinco Ventures.

To be sure, there was no Q&A session on the company’s earnings call and management was not scrutinized for continued losses, an unpopular trend in the current market environment.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Global content driven ecosystem!

Vinco Ventures' (NASDAQ:BBIG) revenue growth and acquisition integration overshadowed continued losses on Monday.

The Pennsylvania-based digital media, advertising and content technologies holding company reported Q1 GAAP EPS of -$3.05 for the first quarter, a significantly lighter loss sequentially, alongside revenue of $11.53 million. The latter figure represented a 348.6% increase from the prior year.

"Vinco continues to execute our plan to grow into a global content driven ecosystem focused on our core pillars: enrich our communities as we engage, endorse and entertain," CEO Lisa King said. "During the first quarter of 2022, we completed our acquisition of AdRizer, which represents one of the core pillars of our strategy to monetize traffic throughout the digital media spectrum and across the Vinco ecosystem."

She added that recent moves to promote its Lomotif app have paid dividends in gaining users, with livestreams of Shaq's Fun House and the Okeechobee Music Festival being highlights of the quarter.

Shares rose about 2% in pre-market trading on the results.

Elsewhere, management updated the spin-off of Cryptyde, noting that investors who hold Vinco (BBIG) through May 27 will receive one share of the new company for every 10 shares of Vinco Ventures.

To be sure, there was no Q&A session on the company's earnings call and management was not scrutinized for continued losses, an unpopular trend in the current market environment.
View Quote
Well shit!  They live streamed the okechobee music festival, I'm all in on this one.  They're going places
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#20]
DEXCOM news  (SENS related)

insulet (NASDAQ:PODD) rose 11% on a report that Dexcom Inc. (NASDAQ:DXCM) is in discussions to purchase the maker of pumps that deliver insulin for diabetics. Dexcom fell 8.9%.
Talks are active and a deal could be finalized in the coming weeks, according to a Bloomberg report.

Insulet (PODD) has a market cap of $13.8 billion, while Dexcom (DXCM), which sells glucose-monitoring systems used by diabetics, is valued at $31.5 billion.
The report coms after Insulet (PODD) announced earlier this month that Shacey Petrovic will step down from her role as president and CEO for personal reasons effective Jun. 1.

Dexcom (DXCM) and Insulet (PODD) already have a commercial relationship that was announced in February 2020.
Dexcom's (DXCM) continuous glucose monitoring system competes with Abbott's (ABT) Libre device and Senseonics (SENS). Insulet's (PODD) insulin pump competes with Tandem Diabetes (TNDM) and Medtronic (MDT).
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#21]

Dexcom (DXCM) and Insulet (PODD) already have a commercial relationship that was announced in February 2020.
Dexcom's (DXCM) continuous glucose monitoring system competes with Abbott's (ABT) Libre device and Senseonics (SENS). Insulet's (PODD) insulin pump competes with Tandem Diabetes (TNDM) and Medtronic (MDT).
View Quote

So the way to sell monitors is to buy a pump company and package monitors with the pumps?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:27:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Where is our brother who was providing DD on UAN?    It seems to be sitting at a good buy price.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

So the way to sell monitors is to buy a pump company and package monitors with the pumps?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Well, let's see;

Commenting on the reports that the medical device company DexCom (NASDAQ:DXCM) is in talks to acquire the insulin pump maker Insulet (NASDAQ:PODD), a group of analysts at Bank of America argues that a deal between the two diabetes players is unlikely.

The Bloomberg report about discussions between the firms sent Insulet (PODD) shares sharply higher, while DexCom (DXCM) fell in the post-market Monday. However, none of the companies commented on the news.

Maintaining the Overweight rating and $600 per share target on DexCom (DXCM), BofA analysts led by Travis Steed question why the company would risk executing such a massive and costly deal that would potentially dilute its equity.

The analysts note that only about 8 million patients make up the insulin delivery market in the U.S., compared to DexCom’s (DXCM) potential market opportunity of more than 100 million patients.

Therefore, they argue that the transaction could signal a distraction from DexCom’s (DXCM) long-term market opportunities outside insulin patients, which according to them, “are becoming more important over the next 5 years.” A deal would indicate that the company was less bullish on the long-term prospects, the team added.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
[/b]

I think the same could be said about many posters here, and MVIS. Myself included. I think if most of us could, we would go back and sell it all at $28.

View Quote

the problem with this thread, is anytime anyone ever said anything which wasn't "it's going to eleventybillion dollars" some masturbating monkey came in and tried to denigrate them with insults so they gave up giving insightful criticism and let the circle jerk continue.

it's not that people didn't try, it is that people didn't want to hear anything other than

"your so super smart for holding and not selling"

people were more concerned with being "right" and having their ego's stroked than they were with making money

and this is what you get

Best advice I was ever given was to look at EVERY investment as being the WORST decision you ever made until proven otherwise.

Here.  Exact opposite.

No matter what, nobody wanted to have nothing other than sunshine up their rumps.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:44:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#25]
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:

the problem with this thread, is anytime anyone ever said anything which wasn't "it's going to eleventybillion dollars" some masturbating monkey came in and tried to denigrate them with insults so they gave up giving insightful criticism and let the circle jerk continue.

it's not that people didn't try, it is that people didn't want to hear anything other than

people were more concerned with being "right" and having their ego's stroked than they were with making money

and this is what you get

Best advice I was ever given was to look at EVERY investment as being the WORST decision you ever made until proven otherwise.

Here.  Exact opposite.

No matter what, nobody wanted to have nothing other than sunshine up their rumps.
View All Quotes
[/b]

and this is what you get

Here.  Exact opposite.

One of the  symptoms of monkeypox is changes in the brain which causes the infected to act out in an irrational  manner after losing most of their money on amateur stock picks.  Have you been tested?  If not you should at least ease off the buttsecks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#26]

One of the  symptoms of monkeypox is changes in the brain which causes the infected to act out in an irrational  manner after losing most of their money on amateur stock picks.  Have you been tested?  If not you should at least ease off the buttsecks.
View All Quotes
[/b]

and this is what you get

Here.  Exact opposite.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Hes absolutely right. Plenty of people were denigrated for expressing even minor disappointment with the direction taken by mvis.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#28]

and this is what you get

Here.  Exact opposite.

View Quote

Responded to this drivel once already. Your revisionist history is inaccurate. Perhaps you are confusing this thread with Reddit or Stocktwits. Either way, your screen name is appropriate in light of your inability to recall accurately what you read in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

Hes absolutely right. Plenty of people were denigrated for expressing even minor disappointment with the direction taken by mvis.
View Quote

I don't remember being denigrated.  But every time I bet against MVIS I lost money.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#30]
As these EVs are now being pushed so hard.....i think a play will be the companies that deal with recycling or refurbing the batteries of all these cars

And who would that be?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By staringback05:
As these EVs are now being pushed so hard.....i think a play will be the companies that deal with recycling or refurbing the batteries of all these cars

And who would that be?
View Quote

Redwood Materials
Li-Cycle (LICY)
American Battery Technology Company (ABML)
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#32]
How low will she go?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

A serious reply would be;  it's not at all a difference of opinion that is frowned upon - that is actually appreciated by most.  It's the manner in which one presents such opinions that is at issue here.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By staringback05:

And who would that be?
View Quote

BRB, gotta go look at Sexy oof.  That was the first bag I thought of when I saw that headline this morning.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By eesmith:
That's just where my cursor was. I fired up a dormant ToS account to take a look at things in the market and draw scribbles and lines again, those are fib levels drawn from the March 2020 crash. Friday low was a ping of the 38.2 retrace level, between that and market makers rebalancing gamma it may help explain what we saw into the close and today.

I agree with Old7 that this is probably just the first leg of a bear market.
View Quote

Oddly enough if the fed expects another 10-17% fall that puts us in the 32xx range on the low side which isn’t far off. May be an omen…
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#36]

insulet (NASDAQ:PODD) rose 11% on a report that Dexcom Inc. (NASDAQ:DXCM) is in discussions to purchase the maker of pumps that deliver insulin for diabetics. Dexcom fell 8.9%.
Talks are active and a deal could be finalized in the coming weeks, according to a Bloomberg report.

Insulet (PODD) has a market cap of $13.8 billion, while Dexcom (DXCM), which sells glucose-monitoring systems used by diabetics, is valued at $31.5 billion.
The report coms after Insulet (PODD) announced earlier this month that Shacey Petrovic will step down from her role as president and CEO for personal reasons effective Jun. 1.

View Quote

I've been buying SENS here and there. Sitting on about 600 shares. When it hits $2/share again I'll have about doubled my money. I think that's a realistic number as it was averaging $4/share last year before this market BS.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

I've been buying SENS here and there. Sitting on about 600 shares. When it hits $2/share again I'll have about doubled my money. I think that's a realistic number as it was averaging $4/share last year before this market BS.
View All Quotes

If you have patience to hold for a longer term, this will pay off nicely - just my opinion of course.  That industry is huge, worldwide and one can imagine a number of scenarios where SENS' tech has great value going forward.   Also it's nice to be holding something that creates $600 in potential profit for you each time the share price rises one dollar.  I am holding in the thousands and each price move is magnified accordingly.   Harder to do that with a  100 dollar stock (at least for me it is)
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I don't fault him too much that's the one trade in recorded history I got in at almost rock bottom and sold at the absolute peak and made like 8 grand but yeah the CEO reminds of the DPLS guy
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#39]

and this is what you get

Here.  Exact opposite.

View Quote

Username checks out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:24:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: merick] [#40]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I don't remember being denigrated.  But every time I bet against MVIS I lost money.
View All Quotes

I don't remember not being denigrated. Went long mvis once (early) and lost.

That big a move up or down would have destroyed my life, so I'm satisfied to watch this one from the sidelines.  Things are pretty civil here, start asking questions in a crypto threat if you want to see jimmies rustle.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By merick:

I don't remember not being denigrated. Went long mvis once and lost.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By merick:

I don't remember not being denigrated. Went long mvis once and lost.

Do it again!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:33:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#42]
Originally Posted By mnd:

Redwood Materials
Li-Cycle (LICY)
American Battery Technology Company (ABML)
View Quote

Looks like redwood isn't traded publicly?
ABML is an otc. I learned my lesson with DPLS.

Seems like LICY is the only one worth anything right now. Trending close to its 52 wk low.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 10:42:02 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

It'll hit $2 again, eventually, but I wouldn't use the $4 price from last year as a comparison or price target going forward. Everything was inflated last year due to money printer going brrrrrrr.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Do it again!
View Quote

I can assure you and anyone else long at all, you absolutely do not want me to buy in again.

George W. Bush "Fool me once, shame on, shame on you."
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:36:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rustyboy] [#45]
Where is our brother who was providing DD on UAN?    It seems to be sitting at a good buy price.
View Quote

Here! There is literally no negative news in the fert space. Retail anhydrous and UAN32 continue to soar at record highs. The price of N isn't moving much in any direction and looks like a stable plateau. Q1 got the kitchen sink treatment, earning $9ish per share with 6.5 going to pay off debt stub at 9.25%. Next debt payment is due 2028, so that's off the table/out of their system. Planting had been slow but is catching up, some prevent plant may happen in ND with too late of a start for corn, but corn and wheat continue to bounce around all time highs, meaning every farmer will try to maximize yield per acre, which means tons of nitrogen. $15+ distribution coming for Q2 end of July/first of Aug. Maybe $25 combined Q3/Q4, hard to know that far out what pricing looks like.

The price action has been terrible and testing, but when the bottom is found, look out. I wouldn't be surprised to see an insider purchase soon.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By rustyboy:

Here! There is literally no negative news in the fert space. Retail anhydrous and UAN32 continue to soar at record highs. The price of N isn't moving much in any direction and looks like a stable plateau. Q1 got the kitchen sink treatment, earning $9ish per share with 6.5 going to pay off debt stub at 9.25%. Next debt payment is due 2028, so that's off the table/out of their system. Planting had been slow but is catching up, some prevent plant may happen in ND with too late of a start for corn, but corn and wheat continue to bounce around all time highs, meaning every farmer will try to maximize yield per acre, which means tons of nitrogen. $15+ distribution coming for Q2 end of July/first of Aug. Maybe $25 combined Q3/Q4, hard to know that far out what pricing looks like.

The price action has been terrible and testing, but when the bottom is found, look out. I wouldn't be surprised to see an insider purchase soon.
View Quote

I've also started a model on MOS. They provide monthly sales volume and revenue numbers for off reporting months. Should be able to guess pretty accurately what Q2 earnings will be. Not done yet with April's numbers coming out yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#47]

I've also started a model on MOS. They provide monthly sales volume and revenue numbers for off reporting months. Should be able to guess pretty accurately what Q2 earnings will be. Not done yet with April's numbers coming out yesterday.
View All Quotes

That is outstanding - I am of the same mind and am proceeding to build a bigger position with UAN.  I'm getting spread pretty thin so in this space will stick with that one name.    The market is just strange these days, hard to distinguish between a general market trend, daily reactions to gloom and doom, and legitimate, price-moving news pertaining to an individual investment that should be considered.  Best to stick with the big picture and tune out the noise.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#48]
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:52:43 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

I was about to @ you on Mosaic. Numbers came out yesterday and revenue looked strong but sales volume was down
I'm rolling out my June calls and buying more shares
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#50]
New 8k filing for mvis. References change of power.

https://ir.microvision.com/sec-filings/all-sec-filings/content/0001193125-22-158306/0001193125-22-158306.pdf
View Quote

Busy reading through this...it's not crystal clear. Either retention and protection of valued employees in the event of "change of control", or another bump for the CEO and general counsel under the same circumstance (as they become redundant). Interdasting, no doubt.

Why now, so close on the heels of the compensation package? Hopefully cmsnare or one of our corporate guys will have a smarter take on this. Definitely reads like they think takeover or buyout is not off the table.
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top