BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1687
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
ATOS and AMC both cruising still after hours.

If ATOS hits 5 this week it's heading down the road.
View Quote

What's ATOS's deal?

Even though all my money is tied up.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m in LKCO and OPK at the moment, along with AMC and a few others. They are doing ok.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

What's ATOS's deal?

View Quote

6 employees and they are valued that high? Somethingsfucky.gif
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:45:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IL2windhawk] [#4]
This is a great fucking read on the GME short squeeze situation.  It's a few days old... was written up over the weekend I think.  Sourced from WSB reddit user, so do your own DD.. but it's fascinating to say the least.  I really wish I had understood what was going on with this stock earlier last week.  Some of you guys have been preaching..!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rqTxYRG1aWyfh8J6QZg_zL6Z7QIKtXJj/view

ETA: Adding video that explains it well too.
Why mainstream media's slander of wallstreetbets pisses me off regarding GME.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LeadRX:

6 employees and they are valued that high? Somethingsfucky.gif
View Quote

Someone's getting  a raise.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By IL2windhawk:
This is a great fucking read on the GME short squeeze situation.  It's a few days old... was written up over the weekend I think.  Sourced from WSB reddit user, so do your own DD.. but it's fascinating to say the least.  I really wish I had understood what was going on with this stock earlier last week.  Some of you guys have been preaching..!

View Quote

I've been saying this for like 4 months.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

How'd you do today, did you ring the big bell?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

What stocks are you in as of late? Anything coming up on the horizon?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:56:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

How'd you do today, did you ring the big bell?
View Quote

Up like 11% on the day.  

Not bad.  But I didn't commit a bunch because I know the wheels are going to fall off the bus eventually.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:

View Quote

I mainly do options. AMC really looks ripe for a short squeeze. I really doubt it's going to go all GME.  But a huge amount of shorting. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]

I mainly do options. AMC really looks ripe for a short squeeze. I really doubt it's going to go all GME.  But a huge amount of shorting. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20210125-165045_TD_Ameritrade-1796631.JPG
View All Quotes

I mainly do options. AMC really looks ripe for a short squeeze. I really doubt it's going to go all GME.  But a huge amount of shorting. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20210125-165045_TD_Ameritrade-1796631.JPG

I have to find out what options means and does.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:01:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IL2windhawk] [#12]

View Quote

How many "in the money" call option contracts are open still, expiring Friday?   tens of thousands?  And as the price climbs it will just put more and more of the call option contracts in-the-money, necessitating moar buying to cover the calls!  It's beautiful...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:08:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#13]

What's ATOS's deal?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
ATOS and AMC both cruising still after hours.

If ATOS hits 5 this week it's heading down the road.

What's ATOS's deal?

Working on a Covid nasal spray treatment, and Fauci is speaking at their conference tomorrow.

I plan on either selling during the frenzy in the morning if it flies, or holding to see if their testing is anything substantial. If it's something that is going to head to market this year I'm holding what I have left.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Up like 11% on the day.  

Not bad.  But I didn't commit a bunch because I know the wheels are going to fall off the bus eventually.  

View Quote

ISZ made a comment the other day about watching the equivalent of a new Ferrari wash in and out on mildly significant swing days like MVIS has had lately (up $0.49 at the close). I laughed...we were eating lunch at the close today and my wife said, "well, that was dull".

I think I'm holding less than a third of what ISZ is, but I looked at her and said, "you do realize you made north of $XX,XXX on paper today, right?", to which she replied, "yea, but it's just as apt to reverse right back down tomorrow."

It's an odd state of mind. I'll be happy to see it close out and go away from stocks for a while.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:16:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#15]

ISZ made a comment the other day about watching the equivalent of a new Ferrari wash in and out on mildly significant swing days like MVIS has had lately (up $0.49 at the close). I laughed...we were eating lunch at the close today and my wife said, "well, that was dull".

I think I'm holding less than a third of what ISZ is, but I looked at her and said, "you do realize you made north of $XX,XXX on paper today, right?", to which she replied, "yea, but it's just as apt to reverse right back down tomorrow."

It's an odd state of mind. I'll be happy to see it close out and go away from stocks for a while.
View All Quotes

Up like 11% on the day.  

Before MVIS, I would have never understood that reasoning, or acceptance for "losing" that much.

I'm not in as deep as you guys are, but my unrealized gains on MVIS for today is $24,010.00 and I thought to myself, "Meh, I've seen better days".  I'm starting to know how the big dogs feel about money sometimes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn. TANH had a good jump today too.

I bought back in this afternoon, hopefully it stays above $2.

I'm guessing anything EV or clean energy will be solid once Biden start rolling out plans and speeches about them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Before MVIS, I would have never understood that reasoning, or acceptance for "losing" that much.

I'm not in as deep as you guys are, but my unrealized gains on MVIS for today is $24,010.00 and I thought to myself, "Meh, I've seen better days".  I'm starting to know how the big dogs feel about money sometimes.
View All Quotes

Up like 11% on the day.  

I know guys that won't spend more than a dollar for a cup of coffee, but won't hesitate a bit to take it on the chin when losing 10 grand from their portfolio. They know any other day it might have swung the other way.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#18]

How many "in the money" call option contracts are open still, expiring Friday?   tens of thousands?  And as the price climbs it will just put more and more of the call option contracts in-the-money, necessitating moar buying to cover the calls!  It's beautiful...
View Quote

Yes. I said that was going to happen 2 weeks ago.  I missed the big score by a week though.
I had bought a bunch of longshot calls the week before it exploded again.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder the future of BB, I am up 80% almost as of now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I hope it goes over $9 and ya'll make a lot more money. That's where my calls are.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#21]
There's quite a gaggle of TA guys right now claiming we're all about to get our wish...or at least part of it. They claim we're in some kind of pendant that almost always presages a serious move.

One of them says TA is, "only right 75% of the time". Righhttt. I did notice he was filming the vid in his apartment, not on the back of his yacht.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#22]
There's quite a gaggle of TA guys right now claiming we're all about to get our wish...or at least part of it. They claim we're in some kind of pendant that almost always presages a serious move.

One of them says TA is, "only right 75% of the time". Righhttt. I did notice he was filming the vid in his apartment, not on the back of his yacht.
View Quote

Well, us longs need to be frugal until our day comes.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Look @ me... We Broker Now!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

I think that book should be updated to "Where are the Robinhood Investors yachts?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#26]
The $150 strike calls for Friday are insane. But will probably hit.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:57:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Well, ain't that interesting. Pelosi's husband just bet $1M that Tesla will flourish during the Xiden administration.

Hmm, she wouldn't be passing information to her husband we're not privy to...would she?

Also bets Disney and Apple...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#29]
The $150 strike calls for Friday are insane. But will probably hit.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Screenshot_20210125-184319_thinkorswim_j-1796784.JPG
View Quote

Holy shit, best quote I've seen all week on WSB...

We can remain retarded for longer than they can stay solvent.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, ain't that interesting. Pelosi's husband just bet $1M that Tesla will flourish during the Xiden administration.

Hmm, she wouldn't be passing information to her husband we're not privy to...would she?

View Quote

I got one better...

her son was just made president of some green energy company in canada, they are up 20% today
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evo7011:

I got one better...

her son was just made president of some green energy company in canada, they are up 20% today
Ohhhhh $0.16 a share. To the moon boys!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crownvic96:

I got one better...

Might be worth to put some down.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I've considered it but Schwab won't let me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Vanguard has it listed

SXOOF
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:46:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Vanguard has it listed

SXOOF
View Quote

So are we doing this or what? I’m late to this thread but want to be in with the cool kids to ride one of these trains.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#36]

Vanguard has it listed

SXOOF
View Quote

hmmm, it works now on my end, just put an order in
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Nate19:

So are we doing this or what? I’m late to this thread but want to be in with the cool kids to ride one of these trains.
View Quote

My current goals are finding companies that are attached to the Biden Administration, and investing in those. Like green energy, solar, EV, UAV shit, maybe defense when the wars kick off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

How much we buying 1K shares?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:54:09 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Vanguard has it listed

SXOOF

Pump and ride for a bit before it dumps!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:

How much we buying 1K shares?
View Quote

so far, yes. probably up it to 5000 total shares eventually
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:07:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fives] [#41]
who are you all using as brokers? Im planning to put some money in and still reading up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#42]
SXOOF.   So in for 2500  

Whats the worst that can happen??  Did end up with a $50 foreign exchange fee.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Why can’t I buy any of these penny stocks on the mobile apps like RH, dough, or Webull?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:37:27 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Vanguard has it listed

SXOOF

Fuck it, I'm in
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By LeadRX:
Why can't I buy any of these penny stocks on the mobile apps like RH, dough, or Webull?
View Quote
I can't buy on Schwab either.  I'm guessing because I've been trading and my funds haven't been clear for three days?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:47:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By mks99:
SXOOF.   So in for 2500  

Whats the worst that can happen??  Did end up with a $50 foreign exchange fee.
View Quote

Who are you using? Still haven’t seen where I can find out if TD Ameritrade will charge these fees.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mks99] [#47]
Fidelity

ETA. Doesn’t seem to be filling till the open since its a foreign market
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:22:23 PM EDT
[#48]
etrade has been very easy for me. sometimes they'll charge 6.95 for certain stocks, but mostly commission free

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm curious to see what will happen with GME tomorrow and the coming few days.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
It's going to be a hell of a day
GME bounced off $136 pre market and BB hit $20
ZOM is back over a buck up 17%

The GME bump Friday was not the short squeeze. From what I've read it was a gamma squeeze
Every call Friday ended in the money

I think GME will run to $400 or so before imploding
Wall Street Bets has over 2 million subscribers now and it grows daily
Cramer, Yahoo Fiance and others mentioned WSB by name saying they are controlling the stock
It's gonna trip circuit breakers all day
View Quote

Do we still think GME is headed to $400 ?
Page / 1687
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top