BCM
User Panel

Page / 1686
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
This is gainz in a bidet admin
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the spin doctors call it a negatively ascending positive trend line.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By evo7011:

fuck no, got burned many times on that one. stay away from pharma!

or roll the dice, your money!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
SRNE anyone?

I've traded that a bit over the last year for some modest gains and ended up getting stuck with a small number of shares.  I picked up a few more today for no good reason, here is some news:

After a ~9.9% rise in value yesterday, Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRNE) has added another ~8.9% so far today, and an analyst from H.C. Wainwright estimates a price target of ~$30 for the stock, implying a ~275.0% upside to yesterday’s close.
The analyst Ram Selvaraju projects $321M in total for Sorrento’s investments in Celularity, a clinical-stage cell therapeutics company, and NantKwest (NASDAQ:NK), which recently climbed in value in response to impressive mid-stage trial data in advanced pancreatic cancer.
Once merged with GX Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:GXGX) to go public, the stake at Celularity will be worth $200M Ram estimates, adding another $121M for the investment in NantKwest based on its current share price.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

I've traded that a bit over the last year for some modest gains and ended up getting stuck with a small number of shares.  I picked up a few more today for no good reason, here is some news:

After a ~9.9% rise in value yesterday, Sorrento Therapeutics (NASDAQ:SRNE) has added another ~8.9% so far today, and an analyst from H.C. Wainwright estimates a price target of ~$30 for the stock, implying a ~275.0% upside to yesterday’s close.
The analyst Ram Selvaraju projects $321M in total for Sorrento’s investments in Celularity, a clinical-stage cell therapeutics company, and NantKwest (NASDAQ:NK), which recently climbed in value in response to impressive mid-stage trial data in advanced pancreatic cancer.
Once merged with GX Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:GXGX) to go public, the stake at Celularity will be worth $200M Ram estimates, adding another $121M for the investment in NantKwest based on its current share price.
View Quote

Well, that sounds good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:33:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aiba7x] [#5]
Originally Posted By staringback05:
This is gainz in a bidet admin
View Quote

they don't appreciate that kinda talk in Reddit  trust me

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:38:28 PM EDT
[#6]

OK, so I've got a question, we have all been doing pretty good it seams on a few of these trades, I know I have had some with the information gained from all of you.

My question is, who is looking into what Stocks will do well and continue to bring us "Profits"  (said in my best Ferengi voice) when the printer eventually stops running?

Who knows what this next stimulus will look lik,e but sure the Dems have something big in the works. Already seeing articles saying the Biden years will transform the American economy.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TrippEd36:

Already seeing articles saying the Biden years will transform the American economy.

View Quote

If they mean transform as in how a toilet transforms fecal matter when you hit the lever and the water swirls
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]
JFC, there was a single 229,000 share purchase 30 seconds before the market closed, and several others that would round it up to right at 300K. Barely nudged the share price.

Almost 22M shares traded today, a full dollar swing and they closed it one penny up. That should tell you all you ever need to know about MMs and hedge funds.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#9]
so.....you guys remember the dot-com crash? over-speculated, not-quite-mature ideas.

what would a bio-tech crash look like?

is the run-up similar? percentage of market? behavior?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]
One penny up is still green for the day.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By security6:

I bought a few hoping for it.  There was a WSJ article yesterday on it and how a group on Reddit was using GME to stick it to big money shorters.  I had high hopes.  Down 10%ish and trying to decide if I pull the plug.
View Quote

Oh well. Lost a few hundred instead of making thousands.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Took some profits on BNGO. Left some shares in. Chat rooms are supposedly going to try and gap it up as close to $10 as they can before after hours is over.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Yeah that company is scam for sure.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I just started a new “fun” account on Ally a few weeks ago. I started it with just a few shares here and there with companies I’m interested in. S&W, ammo, outdoors stuff etc... Now I find this thread and shit just got even more fun! I’m new to investing on my own. Other then my 401k I have that’s managed for me this is all new to me. I’m learning! Thanks fellas
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Big gains can be had. ZOM was only $0.07 a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:54:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrippEd36] [#16]
AITX is up 111% in the last week, they announced the first order of their automated surveillance tower. Its all the way to .05!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
AITX is up 111% in the last week, they announced the first order of their automated surveillance tower. Its all the way to .05!
View Quote

Maybe Palantir will buy them out.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Maybe Palantir will buy them out.
View Quote

That would be fantastic as long as its for around a .25 SP....
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:39:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m1awolf] [#19]
Originally Posted By ebbtide:
I just started a new “fun” account on Ally a few weeks ago. I started it with just a few shares here and there with companies I’m interested in. S&W, ammo, outdoors stuff etc... Now I find this thread and shit just got even more fun! I’m new to investing on my own. Other then my 401k I have that’s managed for me this is all new to me. I’m learning! Thanks fellas
View Quote

@ebbtide

Start learning charts and how to read them,I am just starting as well. Make up a chart with your stock that includes RSI and MACD indicators,that is a good start for us newbies in timing entry and exit basics. Watch as many Youtube vids as you can on investing and charts. TD Ameritrade also has tutorials,I think you can open an account without a deposit or linking your bank and have full access to their educational stuff.  They also have the think or swim platform that lets you trade "paper money" instead off real cash while learning to set up charts ect. Kinda like a flight sim for stocks so if you crash you don't lose everything...lol
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:01:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grimjaw5] [#20]
First off I have made some good money in my self directed IRA account over the last year.  In fact I sold all of strong dividend stocks and bought a larger block of MVIS.  I sold that block last week for a nice profit and currently I am at 100% cash in my account.  I have been looking for a good stock or fund to move into, but there a few things giving me pause.

I have been seeing some crazy Pump&Dumps by the 'RobinHood' mob this year.  These are companies sometimes with little or no real worth.  Other times like TSLA, it is just completely crazy valuations.

Now we have the unknown of Biden and Covid combined.  On the other side of the coin is the FED pumping up stocks like there was no tomorrow.  Maybe there isn't.  I just keep coming back to this old quote.

Oh, well I do not know if I really have a point other than, be sure you can afford to be left holding the bag if things go south.

Edit - and yes, FJK.  He was a piece of crap, but that does not make him wrong.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:32:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#21]
Originally Posted By Grimjaw5:
First off I have made some good money in my self directed IRA account over the last year.  In fact I sold all of strong dividend stocks and bought a larger block of MVIS.  I sold that block last week for a nice profit and currently I am at 100% cash in my account.  I have been looking for a good stock or fund to move into, but there a few things giving me pause.

I have been seeing some crazy Pump&Dumps by the 'RobinHood' mob this year.  These are companies sometimes with little or no real worth.  Other times like TSLA, it is just completely crazy valuations.

Now we have the unknown of Biden and Covid combined.  On the other side of the coin is the FED pumping up stocks like there was no tomorrow.  Maybe there isn't.  I just keep coming back to this old quote.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-zlmot2pfgkE%2FVHvkxQFzglI%2FAAAAAAAADvk%2FynZsiOfHB-I%2Fs1600%2FJoeKennedyQuote.jpg

Oh, well I do not know if I really have a point other than, be sure you can afford to be left holding the bag if things go south.

View Quote

You pretty much hit it. When I decided to try investing outside mutual funds 25 or so years ago I told $10K and threw it at five or so companies that looked to have potential. The market was just starting an upside roar, and I didn't realize I could have done just as well pinning the financial page up on the wall and throwing darts (do some reading on the "random walk" hypothesis if you don't believe it). Made $17K in about six months...and I was convinced I was the next Buffett.

Six months later I took all that money and went after my next wave of high-flyers . Wall Street got it all back, with interest paid in full.

Booms supposedly run in ten year cycles. I think I read we're closing in on 19 years on this bull rally. Be careful here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:05:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

You pretty much hit it. When I decided to try investing outside mutual funds 25 or so years ago I told $10K and threw it at five or so companies that looked to have potential. The market was just starting an upside roar, and I didn't realize I could have done just as well pinning the financial page up on the wall and throwing darts (do some reading on the "random walk" hypothesis if you don't believe it). Made $17K in about six months...and I was convinced I was the next Buffett.

Six months later I took all that money and went after my next wave of high-flyers . Wall Street got it all back, with interest paid in full.

Booms supposedly run in ten year cycles. I think I read we're closing in on 19 years on this bull rally. Be careful here.
View Quote

Its true but look how much more information is available at our fingertips. There was never a Reddit dedicated to penny stocks or a 200+ page on a rifle forum dedicated to spreading news and helping one another. The information age makes navigating these waters a bit easier. But you're still right hope I never get left holding the bag, then again I just mess with penny stocks so if it happens so be it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Grimjaw5:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F2.bp.blogspot.com%2F-zlmot2pfgkE%2FVHvkxQFzglI%2FAAAAAAAADvk%2FynZsiOfHB-I%2Fs1600%2FJoeKennedyQuote.jpg

View Quote

So, how long are you keeping the cash in hand vs throw it into more stocks?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

Its true but look how much more information is available at our fingertips. There was never a Reddit dedicated to penny stocks or a 200+ page on a rifle forum dedicated to spreading news and helping one another. The information age makes navigating these waters a bit easier. But you're still right hope I never get left holding the bag, then again I just mess with penny stocks so if it happens so be it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

As much as I love reddit, I hate it as well.

Trying to sort through the bullshit vs truth is wading through quicksand with weights around your ankles.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TrippEd36] [#25]
@Osprey61

Have you read much of Ben or Peters Blogs?

S2upid and a few others have some interesting comments.

Also seams MVIS is hiring...

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#26]
@Osprey61

Have you read much of Ben or Peters Blogs?

S2upid and a few others have some interesting comments.

Also seams MVIS is hiring...

View Quote

I follow both of them very carefully. I started to link Peter's last blog here, but his valuation was so sky-high I was concerned a lot of people would pile in at this price, and we have some tricky shoals yet to maneuver until April. The 4Q and annual, in particular, are red meat for a hard correction if Sharma doesn't have tangible news. If I'm not mistaken, Ben is a former MVIS employee (might want to tell Ice Station Zebra that, he likes those guys ), and tends to be a little more tech-oriented and level-headed. There's a third blogger, btw, whose name escapes me right now...but the man is manic depressive. One day he believes the company is worth $100M, the next he's calling for the arrest of the entire BoD and the CEO/CFO. Armant, I believe. He posts under a variety of nom d'plumes.

The production manager job frankly has me concerned. One of my biggest objections to all the initial proposals was giving Sharma too much rope (and I spell rope m-o-n-e-y) and unchecked authority to take this any direction he sees fit. The man is first and foremost an engineer - not a businessman - and I continue to watch carefully to see how often he dons his lab coat and scurries back to play with all the neat toys MVIS can afford now.

They can't help it, some of them are just wired that way. There were engineers at Boeing so far out on the spectrum I don't know how they navigated life day to day. If interpersonal relations come that hard to you, how do you lead?

Anyway, one of the smarter Reddit guys made a good point. He believes MVIS is laying in the key personnel necessary to sell a turn-key operation to the acquirer. Auto makers don't want to go into the LIDAR R/D business, they want to buy finished components to integrate into their automobiles. That includes the SME guys with established contacts in the micro-electronics production world.

Really hope he's right. If it starts to look like we're headed back to business-as-usual without a massive contract, odds are I'm out. Just been down that road too many times in the past, and it starts to look like Einstein's definition of insanity.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#27]

I follow both of them very carefully. I started to link Peter's last blog here, but his valuation was so sky-high I was concerned a lot of people would pile in at this price, and we have some tricky shoals yet to maneuver until April. The 4Q and annual, in particular, are red meat for a hard correction if Sharma doesn't have tangible news. If I'm not mistaken, Ben is a former MVIS employee (might want to tell Ice Station Zebra that, he likes those guys ), and tends to be a little more tech-oriented and level-headed. There's a third blogger, btw, whose name escapes me right now...but the man is manic depressive. One day he believes the company is worth $100M, the next he's calling for the arrest of the entire BoD and the CEO/CFO. Armant, I believe. He posts under a variety of nom d'plumes.

The production manager job frankly has me concerned. One of my biggest objections to all the initial proposals was giving Sharma too much rope (and I spell rope m-o-n-e-y) and unchecked authority to take this any direction he sees fit. The man is first and foremost an engineer - not a businessman - and I continue to watch carefully to see how often he dons his lab coat and scurries back to play with all the neat toys MVIS can afford now.

They can't help it, some of them are just wired that way. There were engineers at Boeing so far out on the spectrum I don't know how they navigated life day to day. If interpersonal relations come that hard to you, how do you lead?

Anyway, one of the smarter Reddit guys made a good point. He believes MVIS is laying in the key personnel necessary to sell a turn-key operation to the acquirer. Auto makers don't want to go into the LIDAR R/D business, they want to buy finished components to integrate into their automobiles. That includes the SME guys with established contacts in the micro-electronics production world.

Really hope he's right. If it starts to look like we're headed back to business-as-usual without a massive contract, odds are I'm out. Just been down that road too many times in the past, and it starts to look like Einstein's definition of insanity.

View Quote

Thank you for your insite, I agree, his valuation was way high to me and I've already got a higher idea than most in my head..lol
Ben seams very level headed in his ideas.

As far as the job posting, that is kind of what I was thinking, that hopefully he was moving for a turnkey production stance with any potential buyers.  Kind of the whole, if you want us pay up, if not, no matter we are gearing to produce products and sell to your competitors.  
I believe if that's the case then it does give a better position to negotiate from, but if its more the 2nd then that changes things.

If they do go the 2nd route what do you see the share price settling out around?

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#28]
No idea who this guy is or if he’s full of shit or not.

MVIS IS GETTING READY TO TEST $10! // MVIS Stock Analysis (Technical Analysis)
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:12:56 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Sharma pivoted hard to Lidar as soon as he took the helm.  He knows where the money is and the only reason the stock price is where it is now is because of the tight rope he has walked with investors.  You can't wish a product to market.  He cleaned house to focus on Lidar and is bringing to market a product with an incredibly small team.   There aren't many 35 employee companies worth almost a billion.  

Prototype kits are going to be needed in the hundreds or thousands for industry to start to develop and prototype these systems.  Of course they will need to manage production.  They probably laid off their last team a year ago when they offloaded production to another vendor.   If he didn't have a plan for production he would be setting himself up for a firesale.

Are there engineers out there that struggle with the big picture and managing cost/schedule? Yes and many of them still do fantastic work in their bounded individual tasks.  Do they sometimes end up in management? Sometimes particular those companies that were spin offs from universities like MVIS.  Is Sharma someone that understands the business constraints and uses good judgment?  I am very confident of this or I wouldn't be holding.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Thank you for your insite, I agree, his valuation was way high to me and I've already got a higher idea than most in my head..lol
Ben seams very level headed in his ideas.

As far as the job posting, that is kind of what I was thinking, that hopefully he was moving for a turnkey production stance with any potential buyers.  Kind of the whole, if you want us pay up, if not, no matter we are gearing to produce products and sell to your competitors.  
I believe if that's the case then it does give a better position to negotiate from, but if its more the 2nd then that changes things.

If they do go the 2nd route what do you see the share price settling out around?

View Quote

It's a hard call, because at that point you're back to trying to value an active business (vs what I tend to think of as a potential lottery ticket). MVIS' active business history has been a litany of missteps, bad launches and promotion failures. Much of it was attributable to green lasers and high production costs for the light engine, and I'd guess another significant chunk was a write-off to some very uncharitable tech firms who had/have a vested interest in crushing paradigm-challenging upstarts...

...but, the guys talking one-on-one to Sharma say he's as sharp as they come. If he successfully brings a miniaturized, solid state, affordable LIDAR unit to market that already ticks all four of the manufacturer's requirements, it could be game on. LAZR closed at $30 Friday, but has been as high as $40 this year - with inferior tech, no revenue and some "exploratory" agreements. Should the interactive speaker customer come back to the table as well, I could see $40 easily...but that peak still looks as difficult to scale as Mt Doom from where I sit right now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By stillerfan:

Sharma pivoted hard to Lidar as soon as he took the helm.  He knows where the money is and the only reason the stock price is where it is now is because of the tight rope he has walked with investors.  You can't wish a product to market.  He cleaned house to focus on Lidar and is bringing to market a product with an incredibly small team.   There aren't many 35 employee companies worth almost a billion.  

Prototype kits are going to be needed in the hundreds or thousands for industry to start to develop and prototype these systems.  Of course they will need to manage production.  They probably laid off their last team a year ago when they offloaded production to another vendor.   If he didn't have a plan for production he would be setting himself up for a firesale.

Are there engineers out there that struggle with the big picture and managing cost/schedule? Yes and many of them still do fantastic work in their bounded individual tasks.  Do they sometimes end up in management? Sometimes particular those companies that were spin offs from universities like MVIS.  Is Sharma someone that understands the business constraints and uses good judgment?  I am very confident of this or I wouldn't be holding.  
View Quote

Feels like I offended you, that wasn't my intent. Believe me, I wouldn't be holding 72K shares right now if I didn't agree.

See my comments on Sharma one post above. People much smarter than me say the guy is a razor, and I've been talking to some of them for years and trust their judgement.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cardboardkiller:
No idea who this guy is or if he’s full of shit or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEjvyUYQ98M
View Quote

Pretty good summation, but damn...snorts, hard swallows and nose wipes. That guy really ought to lay off the Bolivian bam-bam before he starts filming videos.

Being funny, but if he's naturally that wired it must be exhausting spending time around him.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#33]

It's a hard call, because at that point you're back to trying to value an active business (vs what I tend to think of as a potential lottery ticket). MVIS' active business history has been a litany of missteps, bad launches and promotion failures. Much of it was attributable to green lasers and high production costs for the light engine, and I'd guess another significant chunk was a write-off to some very uncharitable tech firms who had/have a vested interest in crushing paradigm-challenging upstarts...

...but, the guys talking one-on-one to Sharma say he's as sharp as they come. If he successfully brings a miniaturized, solid state, affordable LIDAR unit to market that already ticks all four of the manufacturer's requirements, it could be game on. LAZR closed at $30 Friday, but has been as high as $40 this year - with inferior tech, no revenue and some "exploratory" agreements. Should the interactive speaker customer come back to the table as well, I could see $40 easily...but that peak still looks as difficult to scale as Mt Doom from where I sit right now.
View Quote

That is why i feel this company is worth more, not what he projects but when you tie the LIDAR system and if the buyer has designs on being able to use the NED that I think has a lot of value and commercial viability on its own.
1 thing is for sure, time will tell us the answer to both of our questions, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Again thank you Osprey61 for all information.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Feels like I offended you, that wasn't my intent. Believe me, I wouldn't be holding 72K shares right now if I didn't agree.

See my comments on Sharma one post above. People much smarter than me say the guy is a razor, and I've been talking to some of them for years and trust their judgement.
View Quote

Not offended at all.  I owe you a lot for pointing me in the direction of this stock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By stillerfan:

View Quote

Please consider that one reason for the pivot is that consumer lidar, wearable HMD, and projection channels were mature and products were ready for commercialization.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#36]
So what are everyones thoughts about how the market behave next week with all the things going on along with the FJB inauguration?

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:21:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
So what are everyones thoughts about how the market behave next week with all the things going on along with the FJB inauguration?

View Quote

FJB's "lets tax shit" to pay for his covid bailout, and bernie being chair for senate budget committee will likely have some negative impact; corporate taxes and capital gains have been listed as things they want to raise taxes on.
(yes, a commie running the budget committee, what can go wrong?)
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:31:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EOTWAWKI] [#38]

View Quote

I would say it’s closer to a 10 year rally at best, or does 07-11 not count because overall upward momentum?

The reality is the market does what the money men want it to. The only reason it appears to have a cycle is because that’s the way they want it to look.

Edit: 2011, not 2010
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Couple interesting posts on R/MVIS
One talked about how many shares are locked up in various ETFs which is good
The other was looking at charts saying that a breakout is coming soon (3-8 days according to the post)
with a 36% increase in price, claiming $10 will become the new consolidation point.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 97tjgunner:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/zomedica-ceo-issues-shareholder-letter-111500276.html

ZOM should be to the moon hopefully
View Quote

Oh yeah!  

"cancels $1.59 limit sell"
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#42]
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/zomedica-ceo-issues-shareholder-letter-111500276.html

View Quote
So what's the potential upside to ZOM over the next 6months-1yr?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:51:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#43]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
Couple interesting posts on R/MVIS
One talked about how many shares are locked up in various ETFs which is good
The other was looking at charts saying that a breakout is coming soon (3-8 days according to the post)
with a 36% increase in price, claiming $10 will become the new consolidation point.
View Quote

I don't put a lot of faith in TA, but there are at least four chartists online whose prognostications are all pretty much in synch.

They're all getting there using different configurations of chicken bones and moon stones, but the consensus is a spike to $13, with an eventual pullback and consolidation at about $10, as you noted. It takes two or three weeks to play out, but for that money I have time.

This guy says if we touch $6.15 on a pullback (which he believes is possible) it puts a handle on the cup and he's loading the boat. There's definitely a lot of confidence - to the point I've cancelled a sell I had in at $7.50 just to watch the fun.

It's long, but his delivery is fairly entertaining. Title is "Microvision - MVIS Chart Analysis & Mid-Term Price Forecast - $10 this week!"

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By m6z:

Oh yeah!  

"cancels $1.59 limit sell"
View Quote

I cancelled mine as well after that news.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#45]

I don't put a lot of faith in TA, but there are at least four chartists online whose prognostications are all pretty much in synch.

They're all getting there using different configurations of chicken bones and moon stones, but the consensus is a spike to $13, with an eventual pullback and consolidation at about $10, as you noted. It takes two or three weeks to play out, but for that money I have time.

This guy says if we touch $6.15 on a pullback (which he believes is possible) it puts a handle on the cup and he's loading the boat. There's definitely a lot of confidence - to the point I've cancelled a sell I had in at $7.50 just to watch the fun.

It's long, but his delivery is fairly entertaining. Title is "Microvision - MVIS Chart Analysis & Mid-Term Price Forecast - $10 this week!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeNZ3Xhhwyo
View Quote

Yup, that's the one
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
So what's the potential upside to ZOM over the next 6months-1yr?
View Quote

Absent a complete market collapse on civil war news, I personally think we will see a secure $1+ foothold established next week for ZOM.  After the pop on Monday, price settled at ~0.89, then it went crazy again on Tuesday, but ultimately ZOM closed Friday at 0.97, so... about 10% higher than the 0.89 support established.   Seems to be on a gradual climb since Wednesday.   The added $40M in cash is exciting news.

Balance sheet looks strong, especially after adding $40M to current assets.
ZOM November 10-Q

Long term, I think we approach $2 as March nears.   Crazy thing about this stock's price action is that the climb to $2 could happen all in one day.  I expect a "sell the news" dip to happen as product start shipping in March, but ultimately I think the company could keep growing for a while afterwards if the first product lives up the hype.  Looks like it's well managed from everything I have read.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

So I guess that's a "no" on hoping for a dip into the low 80s tomorrow to add to my position?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Crap.  I should have bought more shares.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:28:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#49]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Crap.  I should have bought more shares.
View Quote

Only one downside caught my eye..."op-ex through the end of calendar year 2023, we hope to be cash flow positive by that point" (paraphrasing). That's a pretty long ramp up (not like MVIS has room to talk )

I'm going to look much closer later this afternoon, if it doesn't take off tomorrow might dip a toe in the ZOM water...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Man the premiums on MVIS puts sure seem high.  Thinking about selling some..
Page / 1686
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top