Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2021 1:04:38 PM EDT
seen these as ad on youtube. Gimmick ? Or do they work as described?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Work as described. They're awesome connectors, especially if you're dealing with different sizes/types of wire.

I've found the 3 positions are the most useful for everyday stuff.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
They have been much improved since I first used them.  I would say they are now a legit connection, and better than a wire nut for solid/stranded connections.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for replies, between house, outbuildings, trailer and barn, I'm always messing with speednuts.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Work as described. They're awesome connectors, especially if you're dealing with different sizes/types of wire.

I've found the 3 positions are the most useful for everyday stuff.
View Quote

+1 work good
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I just installed 17 led recessed lights. I was working over head in a ladder and after two lights with traditional nuts I was loosing patients. Decided to try the wagos and was done in now times. I used the push in type and it was a joke how fast the job went.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#7]
They are the best. Especially great for connecting solid/stranded wires, let alone if you need to connect 3 or more wires. Also great for tight areas and short wires. I keep 2, 3, and 5 place in stock.

They are far more secure and faster than wire nuts. UL rated to 480V IIRC. They also have an opening that can be used to probe/test without taking the connection apart.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Cool, just ordered their bulk pak w/ case. I may replace some existing speed nuts as I run across them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:05:33 AM EDT
[#9]
They're legit.  Make sure you don't get the bullshit fakes that are all over Amazon.  Ordered a set of wagos, was advertised as such, and some bullshit fake Chinese ones showed up.  Disputed it and Amazon told me to keep them.  I've used a few for various projects, and while they've worked, I don't really trust them to last.  The real ones will have the black text on them. 3's are my most used, followed by 5's.  2's come in handy for switches but if I run out I just use a wire nut.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered some to try out because of this thread.

Hope they work better than the push ports on the back of my outlet boxes on my garage built in 1975.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They're legit.  Make sure you don't get the bullshit fakes that are all over Amazon.  Ordered a set of wagos, was advertised as such, and some bullshit fake Chinese ones showed up.  Disputed it and Amazon told me to keep them.  I've used a few for various projects, and while they've worked, I don't really trust them to last.  The real ones will have the black text on them. 3's are my most used, followed by 5's.  2's come in handy for switches but if I run out I just use a wire nut.
View Quote

How can you tell fakes ?

These carry diff name *below*

The ones I ordered says Wago, not the NoCo name

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Wish they would have made the 41x series fit 12g.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How can you tell fakes ?

These carry diff name *below*

The ones I ordered says Wago, not the NoCo name

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35509/Screenshot_20210213-091206_Samsung_Inter-1822845.JPG
View Quote

I'll take a pic when I get home.  But yeah if they're not labeled with the WAGO brand they're fakes.  They look almost the same, except for the lack of labeling.  When you compare the fakes vs real the quality difference is apparent when you use them.  The fake ones don't hold the wires as well, and the levers on the fakes are "weirder" in use than the real ones.  Can't really describe it but it's very noticable...and that's to me, a non-sparky.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll take a pic when I get home.  But yeah if they're not WAGO brand they're fakes
View Quote

Ok, appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else will too
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#15]
These really shine when you have stranded wire connections, either on one end or both.

I’m also a fan of the 5 way wagos. They are great for multi gang light switch boxes. I use them on the neutrals in most multi gang boxes just to keep it tidy for later service. I’ll use them on hots too, but my example was to showcase a very logical point.

I’m a fan.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How can you tell fakes ?
View Quote

In the ad, beneath the banner title saying "WAGO", is the brand.

It is listed as Brand: WAGO (in your first screen shot and Brand: NoCo LLC (in your second screen shot).

Why Amazon allows unscrupulous sellers to falsely/deceptively advertise in the titles, is something over which someone should take Amazon to court.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In the ad, beneath the banner title saying "WAGO", is the brand.

It is listed as Brand: WAGO (in your first screen shot and Brand: NoCo LLC (in your second screen shot).

Why Amazon allows unscrupulous sellers to falsely/deceptively advertise in the titles, is something over which someone should take Amazon to court.
View Quote

Yea, reason I posted those two screen shots, luckily I ordered correct ones but will check packaging when it gets here
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

Fuago (like fire....in spanish) connector.

@die-tryin sorry took me a few days to find them.  My garage is a mess.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114426/PXL_20210217_035716386_jpg-1828856.JPG

Fuago (like fire....in spanish) connector.

@die-tryin sorry took me a few days to find them.  My garage is a mess.
View Quote

Are those the fakes?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Are those the fakes?
View Quote

Yeah, those aren't legit at all.

The real deal has "WAGO" on one of the tabs, and the strip length, ratings and UL logo on one side.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok, thanks for info. Hopefully helps ppl , including me, get the real deal stuff
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are those the fakes?
View Quote

Yup, sure are.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been looking to buy these but avoid Amazon because of the fakes.  Any better source?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been using them for years, makes rough in go faster and you can light up additional circuits if you need them down the line during a build.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Lowes and Home Depot carry a similar product by Ideal. Menards supposedly stocks Wago brand but I've  never checked.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Got them delivered today , looks like real deal

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Got them delivered today , looks like real deal

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/35509/20210302_154529_jpg-1848512.JPG
View Quote

I need one of those kits.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Thx for the info on the 221’s
I bought small boxes to try and my guys loved them for wiring in flat panel lights.
Recently they have been coming without tinned ends so they would not go in a regular wago
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#29]
As others have mentioned, they're great, especially for any connection that you might need to take apart easily or frequently.  We use them all over the place at work, they've almost completely replaced wire nuts for us since they're way faster to install and almost impossible to screw up.  The higher cost is more than offset by the labor savings and elimination of warranty claims due to to poorly installed wire nuts.  I also used them (until I ran out) when I installed the light fixtures in my house.  It was way easier than screwing around with wire nuts while standing on a ladder and holding a light fixture/ceiling fan.

Get the real deal.  At a previous employer we tested some of the lower cost knockoffs.  They're generally crap with way lower pull-out force.  It was a few years ago and I don't remember which ones we all tested, but we stayed with the Wagos despite the higher cost.  In most cases, with the real Wagos the wire will break before it pulls out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top