Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2020 11:55:08 AM EDT
Not sure if this is the best place to get info.This was in my shop been in family for awhile. Think the bag is for a garand  dated 1942, can anyone confirm this, and a ball park value ? The ones I have seen that are original  are all over the place. Great condition other than where a GI wrote his name on it. The other was 4 pieces of WW2 cutlery,  1 US royal butter knife, 2 field mess kit knives, and nazi steel fork with hole drilled in it (trophy  marking?) is the a value point on any of these.Ill post as many pics as I can. Any info or value point would be appreciated Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Bag for a British Enfield.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bag for a British Enfield.
View Quote
Wow...spot on. No wonder I couldn't find anything that looked like this one under garand. And idea what original go for? Did a quick search and only found reproductions
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That bag is cool!
View Quote
About to post it soon once I determine a fair price, still researching it now
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Superb cutlery!

That is a British case, the Arrows are their tell like our Arsenal Bombs and Ordnance Escutcheons
We have NOS 1943 dated sledgehammer with arrow, and numerous other items

NOS Sten sling taken from the beginning of a 72 yard roll 3/4 inch wide

Link Posted: 3/8/2020 2:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

British also had in wide production* single-rifle wood boxes for Lee-Enfield
Capt. Tom gave me a couple of them from a cache of 8 or 10 he obtained

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-9snzJ2b/0/9eafc333/O/i-9snzJ2b.jpghttps://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-8mVw8Fg/0/5c663b3b/O/i-8mVw8Fg.jpg
View Quote
Nice kit - but *BOLLOX

Those wooden chests were primarily for the No.4(T) Sniper Rifle ONLY - not on widespread issue for the No.4 rifle
A similar chest was used for the Bren LMG

Canvas Lee Enfield covers WERE very common - used from WW1 onwards
Prices will vary depending on dates and condition. Until VERY recently they were around £25-£30 here, then the supply dried up.
While common to see for sale they were not too commonly purchased to use as gun-slips as better commercial designs were on the market for around that price or less.
Not seen any repro's, but then again I don't look at sites like IMA

Prefer to use the US made canvas & leather cases for my Springfield...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top