BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am guessing you don't have a daughter hooked on heroin or have had your house burglarized recently.
View Quote

Funny how these things still happen in areas where drugs are prohibited.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I swear, our State.

We need to pass a Bill that in order to hold any State, City, County Gov. Office, you need to pass an IQ Test and must be above 135. Beavis and Buttheads everywhere, especially the voters.
View Quote

By your standard there would not be much voting going on.....Washington State average IQ is 101.9......Same as Virginia.  

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/average-iq-by-state
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Is anyone surprised? I mean Seattle recently announced they are offering free kits to insert heroin up the street scum asses to reduce wear and tear on their veins. Still praying for that Cascadia Subduction event...

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Should be no such thing as “felony drug possession” to begin with.
View Quote

Very few things should qualify as a crime to merely possess.  

I have a hard time listing many items in which the mere possession of them inherently harms/harmed someone and/or damages their property.

Stolen property
Radioactive material
Other noxious hazmats
Kiddie pr0n
?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is a good decision.  

Strict liability possession crimes are ridiculous, and felony strict liability is an anathema to the US Constitution.

When it comes to drug possession crimes, the mens rea is knowingly in forty-eight states.  Well, forty-nine now.
View Quote

<<<<

This right here.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh man, I agree with trout dude. Cats living with dogs etc.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
We moved out of that state last year, and not soon enough.

It's a beautiful place to live, but the people ruined it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:41:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"These aren't my pants" are now a legal defense.

Welcome to the clown show
View Quote

Holy crap dude, I haven't seen you in a minute.

Hope life is treating you well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Bingo.

Fuck people who want to use government power to criminalize the ownership of things - whether guns, drugs, books or whatever Big Brother decides you shouldn’t be allowed to own.
View Quote

Couldn't agree more.

About time that state got something right.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:01:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree. Now are they going to transfer all of the spending on incarceration, parole, probate, and court costs to treatment?

Nope, they are going to spend it on under the table Green New deal bullshit
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

My issue is our Supreme Court doesn't seem to give two shits about things that are actually protected by our state constitution but will arbitrarily use mental gymnastics to provide protections for things that are politically popular.  You think it's a coincidence that the law has been on the books for over 50 years and it is just now being ruled "unconstitutional", at the same time the left is trying to push through decriminalization?  Regardless of your feelings on the issue at hand the bigger concern should be the blatant disparity in the courts "interpretations" of the constitution depending on the political climate.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:04:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Holy crap dude, I haven't seen you in a minute.

Hope life is treating you well.
View Quote

Doing well and am now your neighbor again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:38:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
1. GD: "fucking liberals are letting thugs out of prison who are committing more crime, and not prosecuting criminals! They're destroying our country! Communist scum is causing the decline of western civilization!"

2. {Court issues rulings decriminalizing deviant behavior and restricting police ability to investigate and solve crimes}

3. GD: Hooray! Fewer laws and less police power = freedom! Hooray!

4. {Crime increases and societal decline accelerates}

5. Go to line 1 above
View Quote
Fuck yeah! Let's drink some bourbon and laugh at the dopers!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#14]
So, how long before some WA politicians start running drug smuggling rings?

Remember the anti gun CA politician(s??) that were running the gun smuggling ring.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No one ever knows they have meth in their pocket... The meth fairy puts it there.
View Quote

meh, we saw a deputy do it a couple of times back when I was doing some work for a multi county grand jury

"the deputy was interviewing the suspect when the suspect reached for a cigarette pack in his shirt pocket and a packet containing a white powder substance fell out of his shirt pocket at the deputy's feet..."

and

"the deputy asked the driver for their license and proof of insurance. When the driver removed her insurance papers from the glove compartment a packet of methamphetamine fell on the car floor in front of the deputy"

another one of Oklahoma's famous little small town corrupt boss hog fiefdoms
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#16]
replace "felony possession of drugs" with "felony possession of guns"

Prohibition does not work. At all. for anything. People want it, people will get it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#17]
ETA for the virtues of reading. Not quite what OP titled but close
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#18]
So the felons get their guns back?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am guessing you don't have a daughter hooked on heroin or have had your house burglarized recently.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is a good decision.  

I'm guessing you don't understand the actual import of the decision.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No one ever knows they have meth in their pocket... The meth fairy puts it there.
View Quote

Sister in law was busted for meth a few months back. She said that she had forgotten there was a bag in her console and gave permision to have her car searched.
You have to be pretty messed up to forget you have meth anywhere.

two days later she was saying the officer planted it. LOL

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#21]
It's not exactly what the ruling does.
Read the original thread and read the actual opinion document.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#22]
My guess is that this ruling is coordinated with other WA bs like needle exchanges and safe injection sites to make the homeless zombie drug hoard a protected class and grow their ranks. And the intent of all these things is to wear down the public and convince them the only way to get zombies off every sidewalk and out of every public doorway is to pass a universal basic income and the income tax it would require.

My trip to see a Dr this morning included a trip past this lovely squatters row. It goes on around a corner and is at least a half mile long. Quite a lovely thing to have right next to your hospital don't you think?

This State sucks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#23]
So all non-violent crimes shouldn't be felonies?  This is where it's headed...
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Soon drugs (not mentioned in the constitution) will be wide open legal and guns ( Constitutionally permitted to keep and bear) will be severely restricted and prohibited.

It will be Interesting to see libertarian reactions then.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It wasn't my intent to drill that third hole, someone else did and gave it to me.

Who? No idea.
View Quote

Or.....

That .250" hole was already there when I bought it.
I just drilled holes around it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Strict liability is stupid in most cases. Intent was always a factor in most laws until the "tough on crime" crowd came along.  Police and Prosecutors like strict liability because it makes their job easier
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good, Drugs should be legal. The war on drugs has taken more of our freedoms than anything else.
View Quote

Agree.  And Civil Forfeiture that seems to be the first objective should also be shit canned and fixed retroactively.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Most drugs should be legalized.

However there should be bans or tough regulations on drugs like meth that are both highly addictive and which users become a danger to the public.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

However there should be bans or tough regulations on drugs like meth that are highly addictive and which users become a danger to the public.
View Quote

You mean like alcohol? Hawaii....
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Holy shit. You haven't posted in 87 months and when you do it's a dupe
View Quote

Good to see you posting OP.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My guess is that this ruling is coordinated with other WA bs like needle exchanges and safe injection sites to make the homeless zombie drug hoard a protected class and grow their ranks. And the intent of all these things is to wear down the public and convince them the only way to get zombies off every sidewalk and out of every public doorway is to pass a universal basic income and the income tax it would require.

My trip to see a Dr this morning included a trip past this lovely squatters row. It goes on around a corner and is at least a half mile long. Quite a lovely thing to have right next to your hospital don't you think?
https://i.postimg.cc/fbZn5GBv/20210226-095254.jpg
This State sucks.
View Quote

That area has changed... a lot
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes it is.

You live your life (or overdose and die, as the case may be) as you see fit, just don't let your actions impede on my ability to live mine.

Added Bonus: Billions saved in the failed war on drugs, abolish a federal agency (DEA), space in overcrowded jails for actual criminals, and Mexican cartels lose incentive to bring their shit across the border.
View Quote

You act like dopers don't pump out kids by the wheelbarrow full.
Born addicted, screwed up and in the system for most of their lives.
Wanna be a doper? Get fixed and have at it

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:36:07 PM EDT
[#35]
This has also been applied to stolen vehicles.  Unless someone sees the person steal the vehicle or they admit to stealing, simple possession is lawful.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:46:31 PM EDT
[#36]
If it’s legal it means it’s cheap.  If it’s cheap it means you don’t have to break into someone’s house to finance your problem.  If you don’t commit crimes recovering from your bad decision and addiction becomes more realistic and easier.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If it's legal it means it's cheap.  If it's cheap it means you don't have to break into someone's house to finance your problem.  If you don't commit crimes recovering from your bad decision and addiction becomes more realistic and easier.  

View Quote
Lol. Show me a
heroin addict or meth head who can earn a paycheck.   Doesn't matter how cheap their dope is, they can't earn any kind of sustainable wage legally.  They will be panhandling, SSDI or on the dole somehow.  So unless you're all in paying for their dope, the thieving  and ID theft will continue
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:26:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Lol. Show me a
heroin addict or meth head who can earn a paycheck.   Doesn't matter how cheap their dope is, they can't earn any kind of sustainable wage legally.  They will be panhandling, SSDI or on the dole somehow.  So unless you're all in paying for their dope, the thieving  and ID theft will continue
View Quote

I roofed with plenty of both.  You just wouldn't see them a few days after payday.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I hear ya. Read Idaho (where I would go) was getting Californicated...argh!!!
View Quote

Sadly, yep...   only good thing about it is my house has tripled in paper-funny-money worth in the last 5 years.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Bingo.

Fuck people who want to use government power to criminalize the ownership of things - whether guns, drugs, books or whatever Big Brother decides you shouldn’t be allowed to own.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.

Agreed.

Also, the Constitution doesn't grant the Congress the authority to regulate substances.

All drug laws are unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

To some extent, I might be okay with that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Soon drugs (not mentioned in the constitution) will be wide open legal and guns ( Constitutionally permitted to keep and bear) will be severely restricted and prohibited.

View Quote

It being mentioned in the constitution is irrelevant. See the 9th Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:34:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/154605/Drake_25022021230328_jpg-1841689.JPG

My issue is our Supreme Court doesn't seem to give two shits about things that are actually protected by our state constitution but will arbitrarily use mental gymnastics to provide protections for things that are politically popular.  You think it's a coincidence that the law has been on the books for over 50 years and it is just now being ruled "unconstitutional", at the same time the left is trying to push through decriminalization?  Regardless of your feelings on the issue at hand the bigger concern should be the blatant disparity in the courts "interpretations" of the constitution depending on the political climate.
View Quote

Yes, it's easy to see what's going on. The contradiction is plainly obvious.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:34:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There were many times that following an arrest and finding dope in someone's pocket, the arrested person would say something like "What is that, where did that come from?  I don't now whose pants these are, I just put them on after the party last night, it isn't my dope".    

However in all the years of taking people to jail,  I never once heard anyone say anything similar when I pulled a large wad of cash out of their pocket.  The dope was never theirs, but the money was always theirs..funny how that worked.
View Quote

I actually did believe someone one time who claimed the "not my dope" defense and I believed him. Dude had warrants, and an anonymous caller ratted him out. Guy came walking out the front door right as I walked up, and the foot chase was on. Caught him, hooked him, searched him, found dope in amongst the cash in his pocket. Mirandized, and asked what the dope was, and the look on his face was epic. He truly thought I was fucking with him until I showed him the baggie, and then the reaction was even more interesting to behold.

Apparently someone really wanted him in prison. He only alluded to it, but it seemed the caller who dimed him out also put a baggie of dope in between a couple of bucks, waited until I was approaching, then handed him the money and asked him to go buy them a drink from the corner store, knowing he would get caught and get arrested with drugs on his person.

The perp actually asked me to tow his own vehicle just so it wouldn't be taken while he was in prison..and moments after he asked, more druggies appeared and asked me if I could ask dude for them, how best they should hotwire his vehicle to take off with it...

It was one of those days when you feel a certain degree of sympathy for how fucked your suspect's circumstances really are...lol.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:04:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

However there should be bans or tough regulations on drugs like meth that are highly addictive and which users become a danger to the public.

Alcohol can be addicting to some people, but meth takes it to a whole new level.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:21:29 AM EDT
[#46]
I wouldn't have to much of a problem with is IF they enforced all the laws that are broken to feed their addiction. Car theft, shoplifting and burglaries are sky high around here and they all get cut loose or if they have a long rap sheet they'll get a slap on the wrist. There's zero consequences these days. Zero incentive to reach out for help.

Another factor in all this is the "everyone gets a trophy generation". To us their life looks like a living hell, for them they're doing exactly what they want to do when they want to do it. Rules of the street are the only ones they have to worry about, once the streets get to tough in one area they head to the next town.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:49:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol.  No it's not.  Degenerate behavior will be protected because muh racism.  Actual rights will not.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:51:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

What makes you think they won't like that?  Most of the "libertarians" I have met are in it mainly for the drugs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#49]
The war on drugs has eroded more rights in this country than almost any other policy ever enacted.

End the war on drugs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Good, Drugs should be legal. The war on drugs has taken more of our freedoms than anything else.
View Quote

Truth.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top