Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2018 9:26:01 AM EDT
I (try to) make YouTube videos of sailboat trips taken with my wife here in Florida. I had just gotten proficient with YouTube's built in program when they discontinued it. Tried a couple others, most recently Windows Movie Maker 10. Still looking for something better, something easy to learn, because I SUCK at computer stuff.

Honestly, using iMovie right on my phone is easiest, but then I can't splice in any goPro footage, or anything shot on my wife's phone.

Any suggestions??
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Bite the bullet and find a 12 Y/O kid. Get them to teach you editing on a desk top. Nobody wants to watch crappy videos; everyone wants to watch good videos!
That being said, I use Magix Movie Maker. Yes there is a learning curve, but it is still pretty easy and I am basically an Analog man in a Digital world...
You can do a trial download and play with it before you buy the software. Although the web page lists it a around $600.00 it always sells for about 70 bux.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
GoPro has discontinued support of their Studio editor.  A shame, because it wasn't a bad editor.  The last version of their editor had some clunky improvements that were actually a step backwards from their previous versions.

I wish there were better online tutorials for DaVinci Resolve, because the free version would handle the needs of just about any non-pro.  I was frustrated with the learning curve for the first couple of weeks, but never looked back.

Adobe Premiere Elements might be what you are looking for, though.  The cost of the full Premiere suite is going to rack up over time, because it's a monthly expense, but Premiere Elements is just a one-time purchase.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Try LumaFusion on IOS. I’m new myself and use it on my iPad Pro and it’s very easy to figure out, and a lot of tutorials on YouTube.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top