Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2021 8:31:10 PM EDT
Hey guys, looking to get some advice in regards to video for my YouTube channel.

I started filming using my Galaxy S7 Active and decided to upgrade and get a "real" camera. I didn't want to spend a ton of money because the YouTube channel is just a hobby I do with friends ds and my kids, so I picked up a Canon SX540 HS. The video quality is so bad, I decided to go back to using my phone.

My question is does this camera just suck and it's a lost cause, or is in my lack of understanding it and maybe not having it setup correctly? Looking to see if anyone has any experience with this model....
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
from a quick browse through it's reviews, it doesn't sound like there should be problems, unless you got
a bad one.

what are your symptoms and how are you using it?
View Quote
Alot of noise in the video as well as artifacts. Here is an example:

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
What are your settings? It looks like you have the autofocus on? In my opinion, for a scene like that you should have the aperture wide open, manually focused, and have as much light as possible going in the room unless you have some actual lights.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want something small and compact, the Sony ZX-1 is set up for video use.

If you want something like a DSLR or mirrorless that you can swap lenses on, there are TONS of options. If you're doing a lot of 'active' shooting, you'll probably want to use something with good image stablization. If you're mostly shooting from a tripod, that becomes less important. Something with an external microphone input as well. Audio quality drives a lot of people away from videos.

DO learn how to use it as a camera. Learn what aperture, shutter speed and ISO do. Then learn what effects those all have on video.

If you don't want to learn, just get a GoPro. :/
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:21:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The Osmo pocket cameras are really nice. Built in stabilizer gimbal for handheld stuff.  If you want a REAL camera then you want to go for Blackmagic Pocket 4K. But then you'll need a shotgun mic or lav mics.

Also, take off that stupid Hawaiian shirt and remove tacticool from your channel name. You're embarrassing yourself.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 10:42:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Been working on editing and trying to learn more...latest attempt:

We're BACK! Anniversary weekend VLOG experimenting with new camera and DaVinci Video Editor

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top