Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2020 3:49:56 PM EDT
For all my fellow veterans,  what gear do you keep in your vehicle or on your person every day.  I have one of my kits with lvl4 ceramics under the back seat of my truck, loaded magazines for both my AR and g17 in a locked case, and I always have a g17 in my locked center console.  I always have my edc G19 with suppressor night sights and a Trijicon RMR on my person.  I also keep bolt cutters and a pry bar readily accessible behind my rear bench seat and I have a couple of medical kits that I can access immediately if necessary.  

I keep these items hoping to never need them. Nonetheless, these items are always in my truck stowed away so anyone looking in or even riding in the truck is none the wiser.  I don't necessarily keep them in there for some sort of bug out or apocalyptic scenario.  I keep them in there in the event of civil unrest or active shooter.  With all the active shooter response training, TCCC,  I went through during my time in service, I feel I am doing my fellow Americans a disservice by not being prepared.  I am not a vigilante going around looking for trouble, but instead more of the well prepared Grayman who continues to serve my country.  Just not as an AD member.

Does anyone else keep kit like this in their vehicles
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You will be shot by the cops in an active shooter situation
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you concerned about stolen firearms?
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will be shot by the cops in an active shooter situation
View Quote

FPNI.  And understand, in a kinetic event like that, cops train with the understanding that it’s a very real possibility they’ll shoot or be shot by other cops too.  They just don’t have the level of training, equipment, numbers or experience to “sort things out first”.  Anyone armed that’s not wearing a uniform is likely to get put down hard.

It’s not personal Sonny, it’s business.

With that in mind, if you’re good with taking those chances, good on you for being willing to try to do the right thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top