Posted: 6/4/2014 6:54:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall]
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keith1980:

I'll make this a sticky but the list needs to be revised. A bunch of the most common terms aren't even listed while a lot of older ones which we don't use are on there. For instance, RBA, RDA, Mech, etc. aren't on the list. If anyone wants to make a more up to date list I'll be more than happy to sticky it up.
View Quote
Damnit, I had started my own that had all of those you mentioned and didn't even check
to see if they were included in here.  But I only had about 10
terms....should have stuck with my gut.  I'll try to update it with
current terms and go through and delete the stuff I have never heard/used.

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
SIIHPAPP

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Some simple ones missed..

Dry hit (You'd think this is self explanatory, but I have been asked.)
Flooded
RTA
Squonk
dry burn

I probably have more.. but tired.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lcoates33:

Flooded
RTA
Squonk
dry burn

View Quote

Da fuck is a Squonk?

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By lcoates33:

Flooded

RTA

Squonk

dry burn

View Quote
Okay, I dont know these.  I will add the other two a while.

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]
RTA. Rebuildable Tanked Atomizer. Ex. Kayfuns

Squonk. What someone with a bottom feed device does to re-wet the wicks. It kinda makes a funny sound.

Dry burn. Heating your bare coil until it glows in between wick changes to burn off the crud.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Nicsick.. to high mg or to much vapor leaving you shitty puking feeling and a bit dizzy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DocBull:
Nicsick.. to high mg or to much vapor leaving you shitty puking feeling and a bit dizzy.
View Quote

I call that 5pm.

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Updated thru "nicsick"

Thanks for all the inputs guys
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:48:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Da fuck is a Squonk?
View Quote

Dude Only the means to the best walk around vape you'll ever have
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By brass:
I'll roll all the posts into the OP with credits once it is flushed out to the point of acceptability.

Thanks much to those who have given input, especially NY_Shooter's unique insight.
View Quote

Keepin' things classy, since 1983.

Link Posted: 6/5/2014 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#16]
OMGWTFBBQ - When you had your volts set to 3 and forgot to lock it and bumped the down button in your pocket or something and now it's set to 6 and you don't realize till it's too late...
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Some popular dripping atomizers are: Nimbus, Omega, Trident, 3D.....and the list goes on and on.  Your best bet is to go to ebay and search RDA.  You will come up with numerous hits of all styles and types.

As far as batteries go, some are integral to the unit while others are meant to be removed and charged.  Don't be shy to ask questions if you don't know.  I actually have a thread where I felt dumb asking stuff.  This isn't GD and we may poke each other in the ribs but you will get an intelligent answer to your questions.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_175/1628426_Stupid_questions_you_have_been_afraid_to_ask_____until_now.html
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Kayfun is an atomizer with a tank.  Holds fluid and wets the wick automatically so long as there is juice in there.  See RTA.

IMHO, if you are going to get into vaping, do not waste your time on the cigarette shaped e-cigs, you probably won't find the level of satisfaction to keep you off analogs.

The MVP is a box mod (meaning it is shaped like a box, not a cylinder) and is one of the more popular units out there.  They are simple in design and accept any 510 threaded tank like a Kayfun.  Protank is another popular tank/atomizer combo.  The protanks accept prebuilt coils you can replace for a couple bucks a piece and last a decent amount of time.

You can find a review of almost any popular mod on youtube where they will explain how they work and give their opinion on them.  This will give you an idea of each unit's ups and downs prior to making your decision.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 9:22:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#21]
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 9:28:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I already have 2 MVP iTazte VV/VW, 2 Kanger ProTank 2 w/Variable air ring, 1 Nautilus Aspire, and a Kanger Aerotech dual coil.  For sticks: 1 eGo VV stick type w/ProTank 2 mini on it, and another longer Smok VV power source with the cheap Kanger tank on it (EVOD?)

I think I'm set for a while, Have some problems with homemade coils (rebuilding the kangerTech ones), I have 28, 30, and 34 gauge Kanthal wire, silica wick as well as cotton wick, and making the mini coils (all in one little bunch), they don't seem to perform as well as the new ones do.  

View Quote

Damn man you have more gear than I do . Sounds like you are good to go.  The ony way up from here is a mech mod and sub ohms

Link Posted: 6/5/2014 9:44:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#23]
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#24]
One of your issues with the burnt taste is your tanks.

You will find that a micro coil functions better in a high end tank such as a kayfun. Getting the wick to stay saturated with enough juice to vaporize is quite a challenge with most tanks that are designed as replaceable coils as opposed to rebuildable coils. Basically, it's a lack of juice flow issue.

Drippers (RDA's) rarely have this issue.. as long as you keep an eye on your cotton.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:28:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Ok, fine.  I ordered a

EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus (+) Clone Stainless Steel

Hope a clone is fine?

View Quote

EHPro's Kayfun clones are pretty much regarded as the best Kayfun clone.  So, good choice.

Mine has been great.

Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok, fine.  I ordered a

EHPro Kayfun Lite Plus (+) Clone Stainless Steel

Hope a clone is fine?

View Quote

Great choice!

I have a few EHpro kayfuns, they all work perfect.

Once you receive it, don't forget to soak it in warm soapy water first and then rinse it before you build it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 2:05:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Found these on the net and should be added.

Micro coil - A type of wire coil where the coil is wrapped so that the loops of the coil are all touching, requiring more wraps than a traditional coil.

Kanthal, Kanthal A1 - Kanthal is a specific brand of resistance wire that is used in building coils for electronic cigarettes, usually sold for Rebuildables. Kanthal A1 is a specific grade of Kanthal wire which is considered by many to be the best wire for use in coils.

Throat Hit - The sensation on the back of the throat akin to what is felt when smoking a traditional cigarette.

Deck - The flat base area where the positive and negative posts sit on an RBA/RDA, which is designed to keep e-juice off of the battery connection. Some have a small raised lip on the outside edge to prevent e-juice from running down off of the deck.

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By WILSON:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Mouse
- Screen name "lcoates33". Considered by most as the resident bad influence on everyone (and the guy knows a little bit about vaping science too )

Link Posted: 6/8/2014 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#33]
DIY - Do it yourself. Used almost exclusively when talking about mixing and blending e-liquid by yourself for your own personnel use.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:20:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#34]
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok, I got the Kayfun Lite Clone today.  "User Friendly" is NOT a word that would be used anywhere near this kit.

<a href="http://imgur.com/25T6oFA" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/25T6oFA.jpg</a>

No manual, but there are plenty of vids on YouTube.  Plus, I are and Electrical Engineer and kinda good with fiddly bits.   I gave it a bath, as instructed, and after a short time (length of video, maybe 20 minutes?) I got it together with a 1.1 Ohm coil (5 turns of 30 ga using the basic "bunny ear" method).

I am impressed!   The vapor of a Kanger ProTank 2 on 10W from just 7W on the KayFun Lite!

Ok, I'm done with the sidetrack, I got what I didn't know I've been wanting.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#40]
 brasspile  Troy!

Do you remember the last thing you told me when I talked to you on the phone about eight years ago?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Mouse
- Screen name "lcoates33". Considered by most as the resident bad influence on everyone (and the guy knows a little bit about vaping science too )

WILSON!!!  
 brasspile  Troy!

Do you remember the last thing you told me when I talked to you on the phone about eight years ago?

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 10:54:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#45]
If you're still taking suggestions:

WTA (Whole Tobacco Alkaloids) - WTA is a recent development in vaping in that it goes beyond nicotine juice - which has only nicotine as its primary agent - and provides a full complex of tobacco alkaloids in addition to nicotine, which combined are hypothesized to have a synergy of effects similar to what analogs deliver.  What is known is that a significant portion of those who try and/or switch to vaping never experience that "calming" or "relaxing" feeling analogs do.  For many of them in this group, WTA best mirror the analog experience.

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#46]
TC = Temperature Control.  This is a (relatively?) new technology for regulating the power supplied to the coil based on the temperature of the coil.  Requires Ni200 or titanium wire for the coil.

Please correct me if any of the above is erroneous.  I'm brand spanking new at vaping.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:56:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Punkface] [#48]
Maybe add 18650 saying it's the size/type of battery most vapes use?

Throat hit?

MTL - Mouth to lung inhale (similar to a cigarette)

DTL - Straight inhalation to the lung (more like a hookah or sucking air through a straw)

Also include that TFA and TPA are the same flavor source?
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 3:14:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#49]
<You forgot this wasn’t GD>
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:16:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#50]
Again with the shilling
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top