Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2020 3:42:53 PM EDT
I have a bunch of VWIGX and something popped into my head about what markets its invested in. Looked over it and it's main market is in China (20%).

With the virus and the recent loud saber rattling out of china, I'm starting to think that getting out of this fund would be prudent. I expect (and hope) that the world decides to kick china to the curb for anything outside of rubber vomit.

With that being said, china does sit on a pile of strategic precious metals that we use, so Im kinda at an impasse here. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 3:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I've decided to get rid of it. I'm up a grand total of $161 after a year of holding it. Again, the portfolio is 20% china companies so I don't know if it's going to get much better. It also has a .45% fee on it making it one of my most expensive funds. Blah. Fucking wuflu.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like baba is the number one holding in VWIGX 13f shows that they are they are the 5th biggest holder total shares of baba so I am sure it is in all of vanguard funds. I am sure they have other china stocks in that fund. I agree with your theory. Easier ways to make money with less risk than a world fund right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top