Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2021 6:54:37 PM EDT
Lately I've watching a lot of videos on the VORON 2.4. For some dumb reason I would like to build one myself. I usually like to find a nice indoor project to do during the winter months, so heck, why not? Has anyone here ever built one?

The first thing I would like to do is do the printed parts. If that goes well then I will proceed. If not then that's not a bad stopping point. Maybe I'll learn something along the way. I know all the files for the printed parts are on Github. Is there any way to download them all at once of does it have to be one at a time?
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Just download the whole repo...
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
How do I do that? The only time I see anything that mentions download is on the page for each specific stl file.
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You can do a "git clone [repo address]" to get everything.

Github also had a desktop app to do this.
https://desktop.github.com/

Edit: or download the .zip from the releases page
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do I do that? The only time I see anything that mentions download is on the page for each specific stl file.
View Quote

What scul says, or clock the big green button which says "Code".
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You can do a "git clone [repo address]" to get everything.

Github also had a desktop app to do this.
https://desktop.github.com/

Edit: or download the .zip from the releases page
View Quote

Thanks.

They sure don't make it easy. If you didn't already know or had someone to ask, you wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks.

They sure don't make it easy. If you didn't already know or had someone to ask, you wouldn't know.
View Quote

It is a culture clash. This is the normal, efficient, and entirely expected way of doing things for an open source project. And since most people who would be getting into Vorons can be relied on to be familiar with that, they do.

Of course inevitably the occasional person shows up who isn't familiar with the cultural norms.....
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It is a culture clash. This is the normal, efficient, and entirely expected way of doing things for an open source project. And since most people who would be getting into Vorons can be relied on to be familiar with that, they do.

Of course inevitably the occasional person shows up who isn't familiar with the cultural norms.....
View Quote

Is everything on GitHub like that?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:03:43 AM EDT
[#8]
what material are you planning on using for the printed parts? ABS or something else?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
what material are you planning on using for the printed parts? ABS or something else?
View Quote

I'll do them in ABS but I got a lot of other stuff to do before I get to that point. The machine I want to print the parts with needs some fixin' and I need to build an enclosure.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is everything on GitHub like that?
View Quote

Um...... I'm not rightly sure how to answer that? It's like walking into a range, seeing one of the brass buckets, and asking if all guns are like that.

GitHub is the largest and best known git repository hosting site, but by no means the only one, and many projects do their own hosting.

It is fairly typical for projects to have their own website which then points to the repo for downloads, because the repo is the One True Source for whatever data is available. From rereading your original question it sounds like you might not know of voron's site?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, I know of Voron's website. That's how I ended at GitHub. What I'm saying is, there was absolutely nothing that said "Hey, I have some files to share. Click here if you would like to download them."
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, I know of Voron's website. That's how I ended at GitHub. What I'm saying is, there was absolutely nothing that said "Hey, I have some files to share. Click here if you would like to download them."
View Quote

Ah, yes.

That would be the big green Code button on github to download the whole repo. Or alternatively the STL link on the voron page for a given printer, which goes to the github release page for that version.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Not knowing what the green Code button did, I still clicked it several times. It did nothing.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#14]
i am not 100% if this is the right link

https://github.com/VoronDesign/Voron-2/tree/Voron2.4

when I click on the green code button, a menu appears and one of the options is to download ZIP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top