Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#1]
That sentiment is shared by many and frequently shouted down on this board.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:51:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have the calm needed to read the thread yet.

To me folks are for freedom or they are not.

I would expect more than a few folks to tell vcdl they won't get any more money and they need to realize this is over being free or living in chains.

Some may want to live in cute wittle chains.  With their binkey and pacifier.

Freedom.

Or maybe you need sized for rope.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:53:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You don't scare politicians by appearing benign.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Heaven forbid you bring a cardboard cutout of an AR15 and get it confiscated like the protesters in NYS a few years ago.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:55:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Short thread.

Either for freedom or not.

I can understand vcdl not wanting to be "responsible" for what might show up but they really and truly should have thought this through a tad more.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:56:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 1:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Their protest lobby, their rules?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Unless you can match Bloomberg's $2.5 million he spent buying VA legislators, they don't care about your lobbying. The faster you all realize that, the sooner you'll be able to move to something effective.

Has anyone worked out talking points yet?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:01:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Their main concern appears to be that there will be too much attention paid to the scary looking long guns.

When the Dem Senate Majority Leader (Dick Saslaw) files a bill to ban an entire category of firearms, telling people to not show up with them strikes me as both cowardly and counterproductive. I WANT the media to see thousands of people with ARs. Much like gays, hiding them in the closet doesn’t advance the agenda.

Reinforcing the notion that semiauto rifles are too scary to see the light of day, is entirely the wrong message to send to people who want to ban them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:03:02 AM EDT
[#10]
All orgs that I've seen host large 2a events tend to say the same thing.

Then you have the guys with maga hats, rebel flags, and mosins screaming "fuck you I'll do what I want!"

Across from them is the Fudd with the orange hat, leather holster with 1911, and Boomer vibe that says "you don't need to bring a long gun, I don't want you there if you do that. You see him? Don't let him do that."

Then you have the group that... See my point? Bring what you want, dress how you want, just for one day myob and be on the same damn team. Fudds, neckbeards, rebels, 5.11 guys, James bond types, and everyday Joe Smoe unite! You show up to this, you are a patriot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:03:20 AM EDT
[#11]
This is pathetic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:03:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Considering what VCDL has accomplished so far, I trust them to know what is best for a lobby day more than I trust my knowledge of their state, laws and people.

This doesn't bother me in the least.

Just like this thread, it would devolve into whining and name calling at each other instead of focusing on the real issues.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.  This is a stategic error on the part of VCDL.  They're still wanting to play nice.

That's a fatal mistake.

Lobby day needs to scare the shit out of the politicians by the implied threat of thousands of pissed off and well armed citizens.  Playing the same old "wouldn't want to be rude" game is how we lose.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:03:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll be there regardless.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Seems perfectly reasonable.

I'd think carrying your pistol concealed or in a positive retention holster, is fine. Leave the long guns in the car (not the hotel room).

Think a separate thread on how to maintain control of your pistol in a crowd or against some Antifa tard while you're off heading to the bathroom or wherever makes sense.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:04:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Lobbying isn't going to do shit,
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:05:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Do you all think that perhaps there are *reasons* that this is being asked?  Do you think that the folks that run the VCDL are idiots?

What I'm reading is that if folks are asked not bring their long guns that they won't come.  Are people seriously that stupid and childish?  I can't dress up so I won't come?

Let's get LOBBY DAY done.  If things go sideways we can move on to PROTEST DAY.

Remember that the VCDL isn't in charge - but they've been doing this for years and probably have better optics here than most.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Our fight isn't easy. Baby steps are a dinghy that tried to sail, a lonnnnng time ago.

Let's rock this motherfucker.

Damn the torpedoes!
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:05:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. The time to play nice is over.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:05:51 AM EDT
[#20]
They won’t listen, unless they are terrified of repercussions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:05:55 AM EDT
[#21]
So VCDL just wants people not armed with long guns? So short guns are ok? What about a medium gun? What about a crew served M2? What size is that??
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought LaPierre was in charge of the NRA?

Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:06:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey, if people want to march with their rifles in the open they should move to a free state like everyone else.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:06:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do you all think that perhaps there are *reasons* that this is being asked?  Do you think that the folks that run the VCDL are idiots?  
View Quote
I didn't used to, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about things.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:08:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hey, if people want to march with their rifles in the open they should move to a free state like everyone else.
View Quote
Stfu..

Hush. Patriots are talking.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:08:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So VCDL just wants people not armed with long guns? So short guns are ok? What about a medium gun? What about a crew served M2? What size is that??
View Quote
Apparently they don’t want people to carry the very guns that the Senate Majority Leader is trying to ban with his flagship gun control bill. Because they might get too much attention.

Very weird flex, VCDL.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:09:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
OK . . . I honestly had a little laugh at that one.  Good come back . . .

Look - if you want to wear your plates and carry a rifle then go for it.  No one that I'm aware of is going to stop you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:10:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:10:02 AM EDT
[#29]
In 10 years VCDL will be some sharp dressing, private jet flying advocates for safe hunting and reasonable gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Apparently they don’t want people to carry the very guns that the Senate Majority Leader is trying to ban with his flagship gun control bill. Because they might get too much attention.

Very weird flex, VCDL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very weird flex, VCDL.
These guns might be banned tomorrow.... so please don't carry them today, that would be counterproductive.

I'm getting too old for this shit to be surprising anymore. Trying to recall the last time an organization like this didn't disappoint everyone... and I'm coming up blank.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:12:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:12:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Virginia gun owners will never have the force or support that they will that one day.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:13:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

These guns might be banned tomorrow.... so please don't carry them today, that would be counterproductive.

I'm getting too old for this shit to be surprising anymore. Trying to recall the last time an organization like this didn't disappoint everyone... and I'm coming up blank.
View Quote
Frustrating AF
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:13:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Look - if you want to wear your plates and carry a rifle then go for it.  No one that I'm aware of is going to stop you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not traveling 1300 miles roundtrip to attend an event put on by an organization that discourages bearing the very arms that they proclaim to be defending the right to keep and bear.

If I want to waste time and money on lost causes, I'll upgrade my NRA membership or send more letters trying to get HPA passed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:13:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:13:32 AM EDT
[#36]
How many people showed up at the sanctuary county meetings carrying a long gun? How many showed up possibly carrying?

The uncertainty in the minds of legislators might work in our favor.

I could see any ND or Antifa-types cranking off a round as immediately halting Lobby Day and ordering the area cleared.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:14:44 AM EDT
[#37]
People need to realize that we are still trying to change minds, and that means that for now the saying "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" still applies. They are not saying you can't do it, but the message should be massive support via numbers not "do what we want or boogaloo"

Don't get me wrong I fully support a more hostile tone should these bills pass, but when peoples minds can still be changed we should strive to do so by using our words.

The reason they are saying this is because thats exactly the message the media put out during the July special session. They all focused on the militia guys who looked scary and they ignored the message the VCDL wanted to put out.

And the media isn't going to find the sensible guy wearing a PC and acting normal, no they will find the one guy that self appointed himself a General and has a single digit IQ.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:14:45 AM EDT
[#38]
What message do they want to send, that the people who didn't vote for these cocksuckers in the first place will refrain from voting for them again in the future? They already know that and they don't care.

I think the message that should be sent is that there's a sizable chunk of people who aren't going to be trampled on without a fight, that they aren't afraid and that the people are only governed by their own consent.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:16:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
They should just move to a free state. That is what we were told when our state went through this.

Also.....you get the government you elect.

Lastly....move South, these laws can’t happen in the south

And just like in CT, crickets from the NRA. Wayne is probably busy getting a new suit or banging his mistress.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:16:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are correct.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#41]
VCDL needs to be very careful here. If they project any image of weakness, their massive rally may turn into a minor one in a hurry. Virginia is facing the most Draconian gun ban in the entire nation, yet the guys at the forefront of the fight seem more worried about how people carrying rifles might be portrayed or viewed than they are about sending a strong message. It sounds to me like they've already lost. If they are already pussing out over something like this, then obviously they have no stomach for a real fight. It sounds like this will be a fight the people will have to win on their own. You can't depend on any organized group to do any heavy lifting because they are scared shitless about the group's image or potential liability.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:16:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Virginia gun owners will never have the force or support that they will that one day.
View Quote
Then bring your crew served weapons and rocket launchers.  Just fucking show up.

I sincerely love what VCDL has done and is doing for the fight.  If this one request is the lever that turns folks away from the largest single 2A event in memory then maybe folks don't deserve the 2nd Amendment.

I'll be there wearing whatever the fuck I want to wear.   Because this is too important for infighting and tomfoolery to upend.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:17:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Face palm
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:17:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
People need to realize that we are still trying to change minds, and that means that for now the saying "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" still applies.
View Quote
You really think you are going to change a lefty's mind on gun control with honey?

The dude supports full term abortion and is going to take all your guns away.

Good luck with that.

Same path as CA & NY, they tried the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:17:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Considering VCDL's track record (which is damn good), I'd trust their advice on this.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:17:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope.

The VA government majority has already been bought and paid for. They don't care that you're unhappy because they know you didn't vote for them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:17:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What message do they want to send, that the people who didn't vote for these cocksuckers in the first place will refrain from voting for them again in the future? They already know that and they don't care.

I think the message that should be sent is that there's a sizable chunk of people who aren't going to be trampled on without a fight, that they aren't afraid and that the people are only governed by their own consent.
View Quote
The message I received is VCDL is following the NRA's lead.

You get more money when you're losing than when you are winning. Avoid victory at all costs.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:18:45 AM EDT
[#48]
lol, cucked

That wont stop people either.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:19:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The message I received is VCDL is following the NRA's lead.

You get more money when you're losing than when you are winning. Avoid victory at all costs.
View Quote
Yep. VCDL just blinked first.

Prepare accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:19:29 AM EDT
[#50]
VCDL making this statement is not helpful and a distraction.
My hope & enthusiasm for this was just flushed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top