Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2023 6:53:24 PM EDT
Anyone have any tips, or decent verbiage to use? Or links to decent examples?

I've got my electric co-op, and they're requesting a small (10'x30') additional easement to add in a power pole support. The agreement that they've sent me has no language pertaining to liability indemnification for my end, and that's something that I'd need to see added before signing off on it.

I've done the usual searches, but there's so much out there, and probably the majority of it is either unnecessary, or doesn't cover enough.

Link Posted: 2/7/2023 9:36:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FredMan] [#1]
What exactly do you want. Indemnification for the install?  Perpetual indemnification?

You’re not likely to get very far.

ETA, there may already be a body of law that covers this, but you’ll have to pay a lawyer to find out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 4:34:26 AM EDT
[#2]
More concerned about indemnification during the install, and perpetual as far as maintenance work being done by independent contractors and subs.

And yeah, I'll probably have to get a lawyer on this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Just remember, they have now removed that entire space from your property to build anything forever.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fxntime:
Just remember, they have now removed that entire space from your property to build anything forever.
View Quote
Yep, but it's also already in line with the main meter access, and it's only 10'x30'. Not losing much, versus the possibility of losing the pole due to lack of support during one of our storms.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:05:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RodMI] [#5]
Federal law allows the government to claim private property get them to buy it and get a boundary survey with a sketch included have them use iron stakes. They should have made it a requirement to pay triple the land value . Tell them no and see if they give you an offer.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RodMI:
Federal law allows the government to claim private property get them to buy it and get a boundary survey with a sketch included have them use iron stakes. They should have made it a requirement to pay triple the land value . Tell them no and see if they give you an offer.
View Quote
Not a bad idea....$20 is $20!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top