Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2022 10:04:23 PM EDT
I am looking at a used Fujitsu mini split that was taken out of a home a year or so ago that had a whole new HVAC system installed.  The unit was removed by a HVAC contractor and not hacked out by backhoe bob.

It is a 1 ton unit and has the ducted inside unit that I am looking for.  My local HVAC contractor is back ordered on similar units.

Just looking for some professional opinions on going this route.  I will need to get a line set, the cabling between the units, and then get an evacuation/recharge when it is installed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:05:20 AM EDT
[#1]
How much do they want for it?

Pioneer sells complete, brand-new 1 ton kits for around $1300.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a pioneer
10/10 been running great for about 2 years
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to hijack, but how do these run in states like Michigan? I have an old 2 story house built in 29, I need something upstairs to make it both warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm very hesitate on used for equip like that.  Is the seller\installer going to warranty it?

HomeDepot will ship you a new ducted 1 ton Pioneer for about $1400, precharged, with a 15' line set, and have it there in about a week.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to hijack, but how do these run in states like Michigan? I have an old 2 story house built in 29, I need something upstairs to make it both warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
View Quote

They do really well!

I've used them in Indiana winters (not quite as cold as yours) and we used them in the sandbox as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

The lower costs units like my pioneer do well above 10 degrees. Below that they struggle to increase room temp but seem to maintain room temp if that makes sense.

Some of the new Mitsubishi units work very well in even lower temperatures
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

they can do alright.  
mitsu and daikin are the go to.
mitsu does very well regarding heat at low ambient temps. if you get the right model.

i have a daikin and i use it to supplement my heat along with my boiler until 20* or so. no oil used at any temp above 25*. once it hits 15*-18* the efficiency goes down quickly ($/kwh vs #2 oil), itll still heat, but it needs to run longer and itll defrost alot, so really the compressor is running almost constantly. with the increased price for oil, ill push it farther this winter and i know it will run and heat fine until 10*. i also just had a EK ascent plus combi boiler put in, 93% oil, just in time...lol. ill have to do the math again to see with the price of oil with new my new boiler vs kwh/btu output to find the temp ill shut down my daikin this year.

youll like it alot.

see if you can find a friend of a friend in the hvac industry to do it on the side. youll save money.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top