Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Gotta say, if that was a suicide that would take some serious dedication to the task.

Like medieval Japanese Seppuku dedication
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw a Dateline or something about that case. I fail to see how someone can stab into the back of one's head with enough force to pierce bone and enter the brain.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Covid makes people do strange things.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Brawndo has what plants crave.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gotta say, if that was a suicide that would take some serious dedication to the task.

View Quote

@switchtanks

Suicide stabbing often involves multiple shallow hesitation stab wounds, then some deep wounds.  Who knows what it looked like in this case.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Gareth Williams much?

Gareth was a member of British intelligence who committed "suicide". His body was found inside a suitcase, which was locked from the outside.

These things happen you know.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Fiance did it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It happened 10 years ago.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that we live in a world where there are people in positions of authority that could somehow deduce 20 stab wounds equals a suicide, particularly deep posterior wounds.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can't wrap my head around the fact that we live in a world where there are people in positions of authority that could somehow deduce 20 stab wounds equals a suicide, particularly deep posterior wounds.
View Quote

“Detective, do you have a cause of death?”

“So here’s the thing. We think she stabbed herself in the back of the head and then continued the job. “

“Oh. Ok. Case closed. Good work”
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@switchtanks

Suicide stabbing often involves multiple shallow hesitation stab wounds, then some deep wounds.  Who knows what it looked like in this case.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@switchtanks

I was being partially facetious. I was reminded of the scene in Se7en in which Brad Pitts character is trying to explain how a person was trying to fake his own murder by stabbing himself in the back multiple times. I have no doubt that it happens and again who knows why those poor folks do it but stabbing ones self in the back of the head hard enough to go through the skull seems, well.... difficult to imagine
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fiance did it.
View Quote

Wasn't his family juiced in to the local government somehow?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Given the limited information, my first thought is "Who are the authorities protecting?".
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Wasn't his family juiced in to the local government somehow?
View Quote
I can't remember.  He's discovered her, and had access to her computer, which was used for suicide related searches.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

In seppuku, there are up to four cuts, abdomen left-right, then down-up, in the throat, and beheading by the kaishakunin.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're saying Covid makes people time travel?  

That's hot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

True.  We need to know if it was 19 shallow little pokes and then 1 actual "stab" or if it was 20 full power stabs.

Big difference there, and who knows if the media is embellishing the details to make the story better.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:46:46 AM EDT
[#19]
There are some weird suicides, had a local one decades ago where a woman sawed her throat open with a rusted hacksaw.  But call me a skeptic in this one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Edit, already covered.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Don't forget Artie Lange tried to kill himself by drinking bleach, cutting his wrists, then stabbing himself in the stomach 9 times
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I could see 20 self-inflicted wounds if she was on bath salts, but if she was clean -- no way.  The first one or two would definitely cause you to rethink your priorities.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I grew up with a guy that killed himself with a knife, stabbing his own chest.  Had just got done assaulting his soon to be ex, with the knife.  She survived, he didn't.  Was a shock as he was a good man and a friend, just snapped.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

True.  We need to know if it was 19 shallow little pokes and then 1 actual "stab" or if it was 20 full power stabs.

Big difference there, and who knows if the media is embellishing the details to make the story better.
View Quote

watch the vid at the site. It shows the stabs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#25]
I found a guy that guy that cut both wrists and his own neck. Crazy shit.

But yeah 20 wounds to the back of the head is definitely not a suicide.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#26]
It's not like squatdog stabbed her...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you been paying attention to our law enforcement? clown world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#28]
reminds of that old joke about the guy found shot 30 times in the back of the head

cops said it was the worst case of suicide they ever saw
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top