User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2022 8:56:43 AM EDT
Kind of like a Javelin lite, did not know this was a thing

Anti-Tank Weapons for Ukraine: Bring up the NLAW
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:07:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Having weapons is one thing.  The police I trained in Mosul had many more weapons than ISIS.

The will to fight is another thing entirely.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having weapons is one thing.  The police I trained in Mosul had many more weapons than ISIS.

We'll see.
View Quote

Would be pretty sweet if FJB managed to arm ISIS and Russia in a 6 month span.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

We'll see.
View Quote

Ain’t that a hard truth.    I hope Ukrainian people are different, they seem to be so.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ain’t that a hard truth.    I hope Ukrainian people are different, they seem to be so.
View Quote

Best I remember they got their shit pushed in pretty quick the back in 2014.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Isn’t anyone holding one of those going to be mashed up by artillery or drones before a tank even gets close enough?

This seems good for public consumption but I’ve heard zero about any air war, air campaign, drone or anti-drone capabilities, or the state of Ukraine’s Air Force or helicopters. And I don’t think they have any A10s or other brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I assume those are single use?

If so, that's a lot of wasted packing and material

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We'll see.

In before some corrupt Ukrainian arms dealer buys off half of the weapons delivered and resells them to Houthis.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:26:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is what I am expecting to see.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of a surprise attack planned by the 3rd largest military in the world. Hard not to.

They’ve been fighting a proxy war on their border for 7 years so hopefully they can at least send some trucks full of body bags back to Russia before Kiev falls.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell me more about how you transport your missiles,just throw em in the back of the F150 like cord wood?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Did anyone else notice the new Iranian MBT ar 1:45?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I, too, am concerned with eco friendly packaging when I am blowing shit up, setting things on fire and killing folks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Isn’t anyone holding one of those going to be mashed up by artillery or drones before a tank even gets close enough?

This seems good for public consumption but I’ve heard zero about any air war, air campaign, drone or anti-drone capabilities, or the state of Ukraine’s Air Force or helicopters. And I don’t think they have any A10s or other brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
View Quote

Russia will own the skies and hammer Ukrainian positions, but these ATGM are light, very portable, simple to use, accurate and effective if you are within 600m.  Perfect weapon for guerrilla warfare to harass and destroy armor and troop/supply transports.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Russia will own the skies and hammer Ukrainian positions, but these ATGM are light, very portable, simple to use, accurate and effective if you are within 600m.  Perfect weapon for guerrilla warfare to harass and destroy armor and troop/supply transports.
View Quote

Russia is already saying by NATO giving Ukraine weapons they are now saying Ukraine is getting ready to attack the eastern front. Russia is going use that as an excuse to invade.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#16]
ACOG sight.

Clever.

One time use weapon but with reusable, repurposable parts.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#17]
IF Russia makes any moves on Ukraine, most of these will end up in Russian hands. . . .
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZ_qfuEKRY
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZ_qfuEKRY

Not really the Jav is a smart round that can track a moving target, the NLAW is a predicted impact point round that goes to a predicted point.

Quoted:
ACOG sight.

Clever.

Saab was selling AT-4 series weapons with Aimpoint T2 on them a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Tell me more about how you transport your missiles,just throw em in the back of the F150 like cord wood?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cost basis is less than a tank or APC
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#20]
14,000 dead Ukrainians and their posts are still manned. They will fight.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I, too, am concerned with eco friendly packaging when I am blowing shit up, setting things on fire and killing folks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use the packaging to insulate their trenches, its freezing over there
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I think Putin is pushing his luck this go'round. Just a gut feeling.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
IF Russia makes any moves on Ukraine, most of these will end up in Russian hands. . . .
View Quote

Anyone with experience want to comment on the performance of these verse an RPG-7V2 or Kornet?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
ACOG sight.

Clever.

View Quote
Something like $35k per unit including the ACOG.  

For $34k you can get the chicom knock-off
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Anyone with experience want to comment on the performance of these verse an RPG-7V2 or Kornet?
View Quote

Kornet is an ATGM, that allows post-firing shooter input, the RPG is just a point and shoot dumb round.  The NLAW is smart, unguided weapon if you lay on a stationary target the round compensates for wind, etc increasing hit probability if you are tracking a moving target the round flys to a predicted impact point based on the elevation of the tube and it's movement as the shooter tracks the target prior to firing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We'll see.
View Quote

Having more will to fight than the Iraqis isn’t exactly a high bar.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Does the ACOG get thrown away with the tube?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

We'll see.
View Quote

The russians starved 6 million Ukranians to death just before WWII. They call it the Holodomor.   On average, the Ukranians harbor a deep, burning genocidal hatred for Russia.

Lottsa folks in eastern europe seem to feel similarly.

My money says the Ukranians will acquit themselves well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Russia is already saying by NATO giving Ukraine weapons they are now saying Ukraine is getting ready to attack the eastern front. Russia is going use that as an excuse to invade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They would find a bullshit excuse either way or just make something up.  They have no problem attacking their own troops and blowing up their own civilians apartment buildings to create an excuse for action.  At least with 4000 ATGM's in country the cost to Russia's armor and pride is at risk.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
ACOG sight.

Clever.

View Quote

I'll be scouting eBay for them once the shit pops off over there!
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have none but I think Kornet is guided and similar to our TOW II and I dont know if the 7V2 is top attack like the NLAW.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Russia has no shortage of their own ATGM's that are comparable to these.  The ones being sent to Ukraine are at the end of their expiration date, so the UK was happy to ship them off.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I wonder how Ukraine is set for SAMs. They need to not give up control of their airspace.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#34]
What the Ukraine really needs is an integrated air defense system (IADS).  However, that would not be tolerated by the Russians and they'd invade for certain if we sent those over there.

If the Ukraine survives this they'll need to develop, in secret, their own IADS systems and then rapidly manufacture and deploy them before the Russians could respond.  In a corrupt government with half the people on the Russian pay roll good luck doing that.

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What the Ukraine really needs is an integrated air defense system (IADS).  However, that would not be tolerated by the Russians and they'd invade for certain if we sent those over there.

If the Ukraine survives this they'll need to develop, in secret, their own IADS systems and then rapidly manufacture and deploy them before the Russians could respond.  In a corrupt government with half the people on the Russian pay roll good luck doing that.

View Quote

If America really wanted to spread safety and make allies, they would have a complete missile system that is disguised to look likes normal shipping container.

A group of 3 of them could easily have the missile, radar, and control center.
It would fly under the radar and nobody would know until they needed it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If America really wanted to spread safety and make allies, they would have a complete missile system that is disguised to look likes normal shipping container.

A group of 3 of them could easily have the missile, radar, and control center.
It would fly under the radar and nobody would know until they needed it.
View Quote

You may find this hard to believe but it's a violation the rules covering armed conflict between nation-states covered under Perfidy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had a lack of certain equipment the first go around, like ATGM, which put them at a significant disadvantage against armor, but did well considering the circumstances.
There are a few videos of Phillip Karber speaking about it. They were posted here the last time there was fighting there.
https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=_CMby_WPjk4
https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=oUpSBs5dnmE
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You may find this hard to believe but it's a violation the rules covering armed conflict between nation-states covered under Perfidy.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#39]

The reason I know that answer is I had long conversion with one of the service chief’s JAG offices that deals with permissible weapons and techniques used in war on that very subject

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The reason I know that answer is I had long conversion with one of the service chief’s JAG offices that deals with permissible weapons and techniques used in war on that very subject

View Quote

Cool.  Don’t care.  
We shouldn’t be hamstrung by rules of what we can do to protect our country.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

So a shipping container full of missiles is a no no if you launch them from the container, ....but if you take the missiles out in the dead of night and put them under came netting, so the enemy can't see them, that is fine?

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Cool.  Don’t care.  
We shouldn’t be hamstrung by rules of what we can do to protect our country.
View Quote

And this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wonder how Ukraine is set for SAMs. They need to not give up control of their airspace.
View Quote

Ask Malaysian Airlines.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

What's the penalty for breaking the rules if you don't lose the war?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have almost none.  Problem is anyone who supplies SAM to them would also have to supply the technicians to operate it.  It takes a lot of training and experience to operate air defense systems.  Russia would lose their shit if there were US/NATO troops in Ukraine pressing the buttons to knock down their aircraft.  So Ukraine will be fighting with zero air cover...
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So a shipping container full of missiles is a no no if you launch them from the container, ....but if you take the missiles out in the dead of night and put them under came netting, so the enemy can't see them, that is fine?

View Quote

Actually it is, the issue comes down to distinction and differentiation.  You can store weapons in 20 or 40 foot container all you want, but turning them into launchers without distinctive means of them being recognizable becomes a perfidy issue.  An example of this would be if we put those containers that are actually launchers on USS ships (USS are warships and assumed everything on them is targetable) and as such would be fine but putting those same unmarked, non distinctive boxes that are launchers on none USS ships would not be allowed under current US understanding of agreements.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are a western nation probably a lot of bad press, none western probably nothing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They have almost none.  Problem is anyone who supplies SAM to them would also have to supply the technicians to operate it.  It takes a lot of training and experience to operate air defense systems.  Russia would lose their shit if there were US/NATO troops in Ukraine pressing the buttons to knock down their aircraft.  So Ukraine will be fighting with zero air cover...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not actually true, they inherited quite a bit of AD assists from their time as part of the Soviet Union ranging from MANPADs to high altitude Air Defense systems.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Chinese missile and/or MLRS box

Attachment Attached File

Iranian disguised anti-ship missile platform

Attachment Attached File

Iranian missile box

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Apparently having Gender Identity Compassion and Understanding powerpoints make up for that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top