Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2021 12:48:23 AM EDT
I have a 1861 Navy made by Uberti. Never shot it.
My son wants one like it, looks like everyone is sold out or they want a ridiculous amount for one.
I think I paid $100 for mine 10 years ago.

Good source?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:26:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Call https://www.dixiegunworks.com/

they might

View Quote

Badass.. thanks man..!!!

We are thinking of casting our own lead and getting several big jugs of powder.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:26:43 AM EDT
[#3]
$100 won't touch anything like that now. Try here
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:37:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$100 won't touch anything like that now. Try here
View Quote

I bought it as an impulse buy, got a nice handmade leather holster/belt for it and it hangs by my bedroom door. Never shot it. My son was about 4 when I got it and he loves it so I'd like to get him one for his bedroom now that he is 14. I'd give him mine but it's part of my room..lol

IMO the one I have is of nice quality for a remake, dont know how it is against a real Colt cause I've never had the chance to mess with one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:09:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Cap-n-ball revolvers are almost sold out everywhere.

You should be able to find a 61 navy though.

If Dixie is out try Taylors.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:13:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I used Civil War era firearms for years while reenacting the War of Northern Aggression. All those guns hang on the wall now. I do like driving up and visiting Dixie Gun Works. I bought my wife a replica of the 1842 Springfield her GGGGrandfather carried at the Battle of Murfreesboro, Tn where he was killed while at DGW in 2019.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I bought it as an impulse buy, got a nice handmade leather holster/belt for it and it hangs by my bedroom door. Never shot it. My son was about 4 when I got it and he loves it so I'd like to get him one for his bedroom now that he is 14. I'd give him mine but it's part of my room..lol

IMO the one I have is of nice quality for a remake, dont know how it is against a real Colt cause I've never had the chance to mess with one.
View Quote

The actual Colt repro guns are EXPENSIVE if you can ever find them. I don't know that they even made a colt repro of that firearm. Pietta or Uberti will be what most folks will get.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:25:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Talk to people on SASS website - can answer any questions you have and sell or direct you to a gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top