Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2019 4:35:14 PM EDT
Think about joining USCCA for the protections offered.

Are there any similar organizations that have a good rep?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out US Law Shield. I use Texas Law Shield. No affiliation other than as a customer.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with USCCA. They tender a hefty retainer and bail money up front. The NRA's version only pays after you win.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out US Law Shield. I use Texas Law Shield. No affiliation other than as a customer.
View Quote
They seem to have a good reputation, but they aren't US wide.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a colleague that has USCCA. One snowy day, there was a bit of a road rage incident. He was lightly rear ended by another car, they claimed he pulled out in front of him.
Either way, he got out to check the damage to his car and the two people that rear ended him starting punching him in the face. He managed to back up a step and draw his legally concealed pistol.
Police were called, report was made, the police took his gun while investigating. Long story short he was cleared of any wrong doing, and the other people were charged with assault. USCCA covered his legal expenses from the start, and I think he said it was over $30,000

So yeah, I have the coverage too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a colleague that has USCCA. One snowy day, there was a bit of a road rage incident. He was lightly rear ended by another car, they claimed he pulled out in front of him.
Either way, he got out to check the damage to his car and the two people that rear ended him starting punching him in the face. He managed to back up a step and draw his legally concealed pistol.
Police were called, report was made, the police took his gun while investigating. Long story short he was cleared of any wrong doing, and the other people were charged with assault. USCCA covered his legal expenses from the start, and I think he said it was over $30,000

So yeah, I have the coverage too.
View Quote
@j-squared

Thanks for your feedback.  It's good to hear they came through for him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I went with USCCA. They tender a hefty retainer and bail money up front. The NRA's version only pays after you win.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
^^^ This. I don't carry bail money on me any more. And I'd rather not sit in jail while I figure it out. Also, decent 2A / criminal defense lawyers don't work cheap. Cheap legal defense is no bargain.
Quoted:
Quoted:
They seem to have a good reputation, but they aren't US wide.
This was another point I uncovered while doing my due diligence. I specifically wanted coverage while traveling out of state. I'm more likely to need it on the road than in my local AO.

Having said the above, disclaimer: I've been a USCCA member for about a year. Just a customer, no other string on that bow.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the USCCA platinum coverage.  From what I have read about USCCA, they are the largest provider of their type and due to this, they have the greatest amount of $ available to use in immediate defense of clients.  Something to consider when shopping.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I just went to a US Law Shield class about the state laws and what are people's options when you are involved in a shooting.  Like can you use deadly force in defense of others, or do you have a duty to retreat?   Stuff like that.

Most of the class was almost like a mirror of a state CCW class, from campus carry, private property, and government buildings..

My wife did learn some of the stuff, and I knew a lot of it, but there is some instances that are different from my CCW classes from CA/TX,TN/KY...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top