Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2021 3:52:48 PM EDT
Via the UPS website you can no longer see the location of packages. You can see shipping label created, shipped, on the way, and delivered. You can see package weight and estimated delivery time. But it no longer shows the route. Some 3rd party websites are able to pull this information still. What gives?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was just me.

Tagarooski
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Noticed this too.  Pretty annoying.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
They've taken a page out of the USPS book. They say you can see tracking results if you sign up and I believe pay for it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I accidentally found a way that still shows it (at least for me) Highlight the tracking number, right click it and click "Search bing for" (bing in my case.) That still shows me the progress report
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#5]
You can see it on the app still though...
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#6]
LoL, ever heard of The Pony Express, Bro?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LoL, ever heard of The Pony Express, Bro?
View Quote

Do they have a tracker that shows you which pony your package is on?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#8]
You have to click the link to expand the tracking history. It's not hard
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got this message todayAttachment Attached File

Apparently the informed delivery app is going away.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Has been this way since they lost my package a month ago. It's 'been under investigation' for nearly two weeks now. Just admit you lost my shit, pay the company and get me another order sent.

FedEx gets me a package in 3 days from England. UPS can't get me one in over a month from Canada.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Mixed on that.  I have watched the truck drive by my house 5 or 6 times before the package gets delivered
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just got this message todayhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/207894/46FFEA67-5FCE-4827-BEB7-40B213087416_png-1943455.JPG

Apparently the informed delivery app is going away.
View Quote

It's just the app. USPS has been warning me about this for ages in the emails.

I suspect maintaining/securing the app isn't worth the manpower for something that can be see on the website/email.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine shows it but on my laptop
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#16]
This is in a big red banner at the top of the USPS tracking page for me:  

Alert: USPS Tracking information may be unavailable this weekend during 2 routine maintenance periods: In the first period on Sat., May 15th from 12 AM to 3 AM ET, you won't be able to opt in to email or text notifications. In the second period on Sat., May 15th from 8 PM to 3 AM ET on Sun., May 16th, those options will be restored. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thread title says UPS, by the way.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Sure looks like UPS still shows tracking to me
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Other tracking websites can still show you the full info. Really annoying, I'm tired of this trend of providing the customer with less and less information. I want to see the progress my package is making.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:31:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Other tracking websites can still show you the full info. Really annoying, I'm tired of this trend of providing the customer with less and less information. I want to see the progress my package is making.
View Quote

The screenshot I just posted came directly from the ups.com/track site...not some third party. It's simple, enter your tracking number, select "view details" and then "shipment progress".
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#21]
In fact I just looked and UPS was on the next street so I went to my front door as he pulled up

Driver said he thinks this is a bad idea as if someone hacks it they can know exactly when a package is delivered
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I get tracking on anything delivered to my address.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:11:00 PM EDT
[#23]
They pulled this shit 2 weeks ago on me.

Had 8 packages coming out of Michigan.

Day they were supposed to arrive only 7 show up at thd center.

Doofus at the counter tells me last one should be in the next day.   Low and behold it took another 3 days for the fucking package to arrive

Fuck UPS.

Worked for that miserable fucked up shithole of a dysfunctional company for 5 years from 2001-2006.

Only thing of value I have from there are numbers to the local sort hub to actually talk to somebody directly and is not some pakistani fucktard in a call center.

Quoted:

The screenshot I just posted came directly from the ups.com/track site...not some third party. It's simple, enter your tracking number, select "view details" and then "shipment progress".
View Quote

But it isn't always there.

I have received somewhere around 80 packages over the past 3 months rebuilding my car.

The shipment details and seeing the progress moving across the various sort hubs was easy to find.

Then two weeks ago it disappeared as an option.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#24]
They don’t want their customers to see how incompetent they are.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#25]
It only works if you're logged in. Also works on the UPS store tracking.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:19:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's nice. It doesn't work for most of us.

This is all I get when I click on view details. Logging in to my UPS account does not give me any more details either.

Third party website will give me all the details.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:40:56 AM EDT
[#27]
There’s a lot of fraud or at least attempts at it with shipments. Trusting tracking numbers to third parties seems very unwise. It may allow companies to deny claims in the event the shipment is rerouted made possible by disclosing tracking info.

Real time tracking is convenient but technology can’t always keep up with scammers. Doing without the info is better than doing without the merchandise. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening because I don’t know but it seems plausible. At least it’s not 4-6 weeks anymore.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:32:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In fact I just looked and UPS was on the next street so I went to my front door as he pulled up

Driver said he thinks this is a bad idea as if someone hacks it they can know exactly when a package is delivered
View Quote

Then, using that information, they do what?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#29]
What 3rd party sites are you guys using to track? I noticed this issue when waiting on some packages last week.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's nice. It doesn't work for most of us.

This is all I get when I click on view details. Logging in to my UPS account does not give me any more details either.

https://i.imgur.com/CshRjyM.png

Third party website will give me all the details.
View Quote

Yup thats all I get as well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Tracking will show me where the UPS truck is in my neighborhood on their map.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I have an account and I see it all
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have an account and I see it all
View Quote

This.  I just checked on the status of a pair of jeans I ordered that shipped from Wichita (KS) and it shows they were scanned on Friday in Lenexa (KS).  Likely are across the state line and will be delivered on Monday.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Tracking will show me where the UPS truck is in my neighborhood on their map.
View Quote

Yeah, quantum view will show you that, but you still don't get the interim tracking info.

And their GPS can be dildos too. Had it claim my package was out for delivery and the map showed the truck driving all around my area but never delivered, then it showed the truck had clearly left my area and was driving back to the hub, 20 minutes later my package magically appeared on another truck in the area and was delivered.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sure looks like UPS still shows tracking to me
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/335066/Capture_JPG-1943510.JPG
View Quote

A few weeks ago, this level of detail was no longer showing.  Last week, a package of mine showed this again, so I thought the previous lack of info was just a glitch.  Today, back to not having this level of detail.

WTF, UPS.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Then, using that information, they do what?
View Quote

Steal the package.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top