Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2022 5:57:19 PM EDT
Hoping more info pops up from this incident yesterday.  B763 leaving ANC for Narita/Tokyo yesterday morning lost an engine after V1. That must have been a butt clenching moment. I first saw this on the nextdoor app where several dozens of people witnessed everything from the jet making horrible sounds to engine was on fire with flames shooting out.

Flight diverted to FAI and landed safely after flying around 1.5 hrs.
We had horrible weather yesterday with heavy wet snow. This was likely the driving factor in the decision to fly all the way to Fairbanks, probably hoping to lighten the aircraft a little too. Hoping someone got video but nothing so far.

I know the guy who ran UPS Anchorage until last summer but they transferred him outside.  We will wait and see if Juan Brown  or VASA post any more info.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow..!!!

Tagged for updates.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 6:35:38 PM EDT
[#4]
DOWNFALL: The Case Against Boeing | Official Trailer | Netflix
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Compressor stall?

An Air China B777 departing RWY 1R @ KIAD in Sep 2019 experienced a compressor stall.

Dulles Airport Air China Flight 818
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Whelp, time to order new seat cushions
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#7]
If the weather was crappy, it was just a lot easier to continue to Fairbanks.

I don't know the procedures at UPS for a twin, but I need the weather to be greater than CAT 1 mins or else I need a take off alternate for the 747. That alternate has to be within 750 miles, and PAFA is only 45 mins away.

Good to hear that they made it without further incident.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Someone said that a Fedex MD-11 had an unlocked T/R that necessitated at a return after takeoff at Toronto not too long ago.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hoping more info pops up from this incident yesterday.  B763 leaving ANC for Narita/Tokyo yesterday morning lost an engine after V1. That must have been a butt clenching moment. I first saw this on the nextdoor app where several dozens of people witnessed everything from the jet making horrible sounds to engine was on fire with flames shooting out.

Flight diverted to FAI and landed safely after flying around 1.5 hrs.
We had horrible weather yesterday with heavy wet snow. This was likely the driving factor in the decision to fly all the way to Fairbanks, probably hoping to lighten the aircraft a little too. Hoping someone got video but nothing so far.

I know the guy who ran UPS Anchorage until last summer but they transferred him outside.  We will wait and see if Juan Brown  or VASA post any more info.
View Quote

I work for these guys and fly domestic 75/76 for them and all I have heard is in the Anchorage Daily News article linked below.  I can't find the actual time it tookoff to look at the weather but reports I've heard is that the weather wasn't good.

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Compressor stall?

An Air China B777 departing RWY 1R @ KIAD in Sep 2019 experienced a compressor stall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMwq_NDNa48
View Quote
Witnesses describe explosion and flames, flying at low altitude, sounded like a road grader was one remark.

It was snowing hard, ceiling was nil and vis was bad.

Still nothing else found on this flight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top